Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Graphics?

CothorCothor Member UncommonPosts: 174

Are the Graphics really circa 2004 or are all of the screenshots and videos taken with low end systems?

Graphics don't make a game but when you are a decade behind and using the most popular RPG series to ever exist as your selling point, well, it seems like there is a problem with that.

Comments

• KrynKryn Member UncommonPosts: 172
    This is a question that can't be answered.  Different strokes for different folks.  I think they are really good and no complaints but I am sure you will not get a clear answer here. Fanboi and haters will give you different answers.  
  • SatsunoryuSatsunoryu Member UncommonPosts: 285
    The graphics are actually pretty sweet.  Videos just don't do them justice.  They are gritty and dark, so if you want bright and colorful you won't find that in ESO.  They are also very detailed.  I'd say it's one of the better looking games in the genre.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by Kryn
    This is a question that can't be answered.  Different strokes for different folks.  I think they are really good and no complaints but I am sure you will not get a clear answer here. Fanboi and haters will give you different answers.  

It's well beyond "different strokes."  Personal preference has a reasonable range.

But when someone says 2004, you know they either have no clue what 2004 was like or they're just trolling.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• KrynKryn Member UncommonPosts: 172
    Originally posted by Cothor
    I've been around longer than most, 1997. These graphics look about the same as Lineage 2, and hardly a step above EQ2

So you already had your mind made up but still ask the question?  M'kay.  Since you been around since 97 this was a petty immature thing to do. 

• iftachbyiftachby Member UncommonPosts: 33

I've been around longer than most, 1997. These graphics look about the same as Lineage 2, and hardly a step above EQ2

Wow. Not sure if trolling or not, but I'll bite.

The game looks great and IMO is one of the better looking mmos . It is very detailed and the world is beautiful. Have you actually tried it?
  • ThornrageThornrage Member UncommonPosts: 659
    Originally posted by Tanaris
    Please, don't feed the trolls.

I have added more dumb trolls to my ignore list in the past few weeks than I have added in the past 6 years.

What is it about this game that has people trolling it so much?

"I don't give a sh*t what other people say. I play what I like and I'll pay to do it too!" - SerialMMOist

• ThornrageThornrage Member UncommonPosts: 659
    Originally posted by angriel

(Then again I wonder why he didn't go further and compare ESO to River Raid from Atari XE...) 

Hey, I loved River Raid! Not a fair comparison! 

:)

"I don't give a sh*t what other people say. I play what I like and I'll pay to do it too!" - SerialMMOist

• Lucid108Lucid108 Member Posts: 36

97,  the year you were born in ?  Could explain why you have trouble remembering the graphics of 2004. 

97 for me to, my problem is I went senile a few years ago.   Just spend my days drooling out the side of my mouth in the old peoples home.   But if I can squint real hard I can read chat, as someone said in game there's no breast physics, just best physics.  Benefit of being senile Is denying all knowledge is generally true :)

and that is why Donald duck got so far, one shot from the presidency but for senility, bit like john wayne or whoever he was almost got shot.  Ronald McDonald, thank you, those were the days before Mad cow disease in the uk.

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589
    Op sounds a bit butthurt for some reason.

Cant afford a new gaming pc?

• slimjim22slimjim22 Member UncommonPosts: 41

Well  Mr. I've been around longer then most, i was born in 76 and i can tell  ur on glue, graphics are just fine if u tweek ur settings and ESO has about the best graphics for an MMO. I've played most of em and i know the original was Muds not WoW.

so please go get your eyes check thx!! :)

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Trying to have a real conversation with nerds is impossible.

Ok.. try this for an equally real conversation. Cothor rhymes with apple.... why? because I say so.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216

For  "realistic" style MMO, these are the best graphics yet, "to me"

Heads and tails above unmodded Skyrim, which released 2011

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803
    Originally posted by angriel

This person should be banned immediately. His level of trolling is unhealthy and toxic to the the environment :)

(Then again I wonder why he didn't go further; he should compare ESO to River Raid from Atari XE...) 

Or pong.  I mean if you stick you face close enough to the screen it does look like pong.

• BrixonBrixon Member UncommonPosts: 259

While the graphics may not be the same as Skyrim, it still feels very much like the ES universe. Keep in mind one of the main features of the game is the alliance vs alliance pvp. It was better for them to tone down the graphics so we can have a better pvp experience.

In any case the graphics look good to me, but I'll take game play over graphics any day. I was also gaming in 2004, and don't remember any game that would compare graphics wise.

• GillleanGilllean Member Posts: 169

Graphic ..... a lot of good stuff is missing

Details and art style is brilliant world one of most saturated enviroment !!!!!!!! no MMO with such details amount

but texture quality and a lot of other graphical polishers are missing

even up coming Archeage looks worse .....if there is a mmo that looks better than ESO from all ascpects is Black Dessert .

• alterfenixalterfenix Member UncommonPosts: 370

Are the Graphics really circa 2004 or are all of the screenshots and videos taken with low end systems?

Graphics don't make a game but when you are a decade behind and using the most popular RPG series to ever exist as your selling point, well, it seems like there is a problem with that.

2004 year graphics as in WoW? I guess no reason to compare that:-)

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

I fully understand if you didn't upgraded your system since EQ2 or Lineage 2

I honostly do not hope you actually been with games that long because due to your topic and response.

• VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817

Huh ?

Did a nerd just insult nerds ?

OP you do know you have been signed up to this website since 06 right ?

Which would make you pretty nerdy.

Course why you are using the word nerd in a negative aspect is beyond me, and why you feel you are above nerdism but others who visit this site are nerds is beyond me.

Glad you decided that the graphics of this game are subpar to a game made in 2004, you should actually play both prior to commenting.

Lolipops !

• VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817
    Originally posted by Iselin

Ok.. try this for an equally real conversation. Cothor rhymes with apple.... why? because I say so.

i read that and i tried to rhyme them....

Lolipops !

This discussion has been closed.