Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For those who have stuck it out, What do you do for endgame?

I've recently subbed to SWTOR and I have to say, (as I did in my other thread) The game has surprised me. I've really been enjoying my time overall. I'll continue to update my experience in that thread as I find there are new things to say. 

However, I am still leveling and one of the main complaints I have heard is that this game simply runs dry at cap. Thing is, I have heard that for GW2 as well, and yet, I've found things to do at 80 in GW2. Ironically, I found more to do at Cap in GW2, than I did in WoW or FF14.

So I've learned that these common complaints, though popular, are still entirely subjective and may not apply to me. So I am asking what those of you who do play this game every day do at cap.

Comments

• LoverNoFighterLoverNoFighter Member Posts: 294

Why don't you just wait and experience it yourself? ;-)

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by LoverNoFighter

So, other than the joy of discovery, why is it wrong for me to ask about what I might have to look forward to?

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

Add to the above seeker droid quests (line and dailies) and Microbinocular quests (line and dailies).

OPs and FPs are awesome and quite different from any MMO. Multiple daily areas with weekly quests which allow you to get pretty good gear if you are not into raiding. And of course Galactic Starfighter PvP if you are into space combat, though it's available from level 1 so it's not really end game in strict sense.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786
    For me it was reroll a few times and then move on.

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549

Sometime this year, Elite: Dangerous will be released. It was inspired by the X-Wing / Tie Fighter / Milenium Falcon scenes. There won't be any ground combat for about a year though.

In my opinion, there aren't nearly enough science fiction MMORPGs on the market - there is a massive hole here. The more competition the better.

• cyandkcyandk Member UncommonPosts: 142

Endgame consists of:

Getting 150 ultimate commendations for 180 gear every week,  You do this through weekly quests running operations (8/16 man raiding).

Do weeklies until you capped reputation (this is shared  for all characters so it does not take long)

Ranked Warzones (if you got the standard lvl 55 pvp gear)

Hardmode and Nightmare (Very few guilds actually succeed in NIM)

Once you are PvE bis geared you can do the following - Which is unlikely to happen unless you are in a top 10 raiding guild:

A) Grind valor and get the best PvP gear there and then grind ranked warzones to get the end of season warzones.

B) You level alts and gear them too.

C) You play a MOBA like DOTA2 or "LOL" to pass your otherwise gaming time

D) You Go do stuff in real life and wait for new OP modes or completely new ones.

Hope that helped you out.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

• AG-VukAG-Vuk Member UncommonPosts: 823
    End game is like all endgame. People you got there with and have ground all the content with, get bored and distracted by other games and leave. It becomes the constant search to find replacements and gear people that wears thin. I can tolerate the lulls with pvp. It's the backwards steps due to attrition that cause me to start looking at other games. The above post has it correct for the most part.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    For the character you just leveled there's still Makeb, Oricon as well as your daily flashpoints,warzones and ops. You have your companions affection levels that need to be capped which brings story content.There's also the Galactic Starfighter which is a whole other game in of itself.

You can also start a new character in a different class and experience the story from a whole different perspective which helps build your Legacy and gain you a bunch of perks.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• heider89heider89 Member UncommonPosts: 159
    Originally posted by troick

I personally enjoy endgame in Swtor .  I think it has some of the better raids (Ops) in mmos.  As with other themeparks it's follows a similar path of endgame.  Fps, ops, daily areas (reputations), events (new companions, bounty hunter, rakgoul to name a few) pvp (I don't do much of this).

Not all players will enjoy this progression model but those that do Swtor has a wide variety of endgame content and most is very well done. 

This

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer
    Originally posted by LoverNoFighter

So, other than the joy of discovery, why is it wrong for me to ask about what I might have to look forward to?

It's not, and as someone that quit a long time ago because of end game I'd like to know the answer to this too.

• ButeoRegalisButeoRegalis Member UncommonPosts: 594

Originally posted by Mors.Magne Sometime this year, Elite: Dangerous will be released. It was inspired by the X-Wing / Tie Fighter / Milenium Falcon scenes. There won't be any ground combat for about a year though.
    Really? Because I thought Elite: Dangerous was inspired by that other Elite game.

Do you even know why the new one is called "Dangerous"?

• CaltoneCaltone Member UncommonPosts: 15
    Originally posted by heider89
    Originally posted by troick

I personally enjoy endgame in Swtor .  I think it has some of the better raids (Ops) in mmos.  As with other themeparks it's follows a similar path of endgame.  Fps, ops, daily areas (reputations), events (new companions, bounty hunter, rakgoul to name a few) pvp (I don't do much of this).

Not all players will enjoy this progression model but those that do Swtor has a wide variety of endgame content and most is very well done. 

This

+1

I really enjoy the raids in this game.  Some well thought out and just fun fights in all of them.

• DroosteelDroosteel Member Posts: 138

Its very easy:

Do your weekly raids(s)

Do your weekly flashpoints

Do your dailes

Get gearz

Rinse/repeat for few (more like 8) months

Last raid/HM flashpoints were released in - October