Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you decided on a class/build yet?

Comments

• jazz.bejazz.be Member UncommonPosts: 962

I really don't know, it's hard to choose a build in this game because the consequences of your class choice is not very well defined. And maybe it doesn't need a definition, maybe that's the whole purpose.

It's not like the traditional class system where you know exactly what role the class fills, and it's not a classless system where you simply don't care because you can change directions anytime.

Meh I'll have to go through one of these online build calculators one of these days...

• CornwallaceCornwallace Member Posts: 7
    I have only played 5 hours of beta total lol, but I played a templar in the beta and enjoyed it quite a bit, so will probably play a templar, as for my build, no clue.  Not to derail the thread, but how people are saying this is like any other typical mmo is beyond me, I get that single player ES feel while still having the mmo elements.. love this game even with all the glitches that I expect to be fixed quite fast.
  • StilerStiler Member Posts: 599

Redguard sorcerer using a two handed sword with medium/light armor.

Similar to say the Thane in DAOC.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Redgaurd Templar, gg. 

See you at the top.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by 5ubzer0

I am in love with my nightblade. It reminds me of my white lion in WAR and my TOR dps scoundrel pre-nerf. Since I prefer small scale fights and don't get bored lurking in stealth for a while, the class is a really good fit. Sorry, not going to share my build image

Good point lol.. That's like giving up your battle plan before a major battle.

I will say I started as a nightblade ( my go to starter build in Morrowind and Oblvion) and leave it at that, very versatile starter set in ESO.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by Distopia

I am in love with my nightblade. It reminds me of my white lion in WAR and my TOR dps scoundrel pre-nerf. Since I prefer small scale fights and don't get bored lurking in stealth for a while, the class is a really good fit. Sorry, not going to share my build image

I will say I started as a nightblade ( my go to starter build in Morrowind and Oblvion) and leave it at that, very versatile starter set in ESO.

This is so silly - every good build is already known - it's been tested and proven by closed beta testers.

Sure you can experiment - switch a skill here or there - but the core builds are set in stone.

If your build is good - it's a copy of one of the core builds - and it's gonna be in use by tens of thousands of players on launch day.

If it's really unique and not used by many players, chances are its gimp and doesnt' scale at high levels.

While somewhat true that doesn't mean you give up which build you yourself are using. That said..

I've always done my own and rarely follow a calculator, or set template posted on line. With the nature of these games (constant nerfs and buffs), it's really silly to say "every good build is known". I'd go into some things about myself and this element of games, by that's neither here nor there.

• gringemoregringemore Member Posts: 182

Going to start with a light armor resto staff Templar and first alt will be Nightblade  archer med armor.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

This is so silly - every good build is already known - it's been tested and proven by closed beta testers.

Sure you can experiment - switch a skill here or there - but the core builds are set in stone.

If your build is good - it's a copy of one of the core builds - and it's gonna be in use by tens of thousands of players on launch day.

If it's really unique and not used by many players, chances are its gimp and doesnt' scale at high levels.

I've made an mmorpg career of killing these builds. 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
    Originally posted by bcbully

Short and to the point.

• TalemireTalemire Member UncommonPosts: 839
    Originally posted by bcbully

I'm right there with you.

Isaiah 41:10
  • TalemireTalemire Member UncommonPosts: 839

Dragonmage - the most OP class in game - still even after nerfs.

49 points health, 5 pieces light armor/2 heavy + magica on all armor - resto staff/2h - if main tanking dungeons use sword/board.

With spiked armor - still get overbuff on AC - so no penalty for light armor at all - get spell resist and mana regen (which is the weakness for Dragonknights)

Can solo group content in PvE, melts faces in PvP, great at 1 vs 1, small groups or even zergs in Cyrodiil.

I tried other classes - none have the power nor versatility sadly.

I wanted to play heavy armor/stamina build - it sucked hard.

Would be a good fight until my Imperial NB siphon tank got within melee range of you lol. My build is great, but hard to master. Mastered, and I can adapt to any situation. I would have to make sure I keep all my debuffs on you, that's for sure.

Isaiah 41:10
  • jesadjesad Member UncommonPosts: 882

I spent a lot of time working on a full plate Redguard Tank build for most of these last three sessions only to switch to medium chest, legs, and hat today and find that I totally liked it LOL.

I spent an equal amount of time working up my 1 hand and shield skill, to the exclusion of all others, only to realize how fun the bow was once I got my weapon swapping skill.

Along the way I realized that there was an anti paladin build buried somewhere deep within all of that mess and it took everything I had not to build my guy in that direction once I figured it out.  And then there were the moments when a nice magical staff would fall into my hands and I would wonder.....full plate?  Flame Staff?  And then I would break it down for resources in order to increase my woodworking so that I could build a better shield.

So um....the answer is no.  Cause in all of that I still never once laid a hand on any magic or even a two handed weapon to even see what the difference was.  I was in sword and board tank testing mode and discovered what a "Skirmisher" actually was.

• keenberkeenber Member UncommonPosts: 438
    inferno high elf mage for solo and templar sword and bord tank useing the fire build .
  • pbat263pbat263 Member UncommonPosts: 11
    Although I played around with all the classes and various different builds... When it was all said and done I think the one I had the most fun with was the Wood Elf Sorcerer I made with full medium armor and an emphasis on bow skills and daedric summoning. By the end of this latest round I found myself running around with an unstable clannfear/storm atronach pelting things with venom arrow for the interrupt it has for casters and volicious curse for its reduced explosion time. I had hoped to get far enough to bring scatter shot in to the mix. But I'll have to wait for early access to see how that goes.
  • GillleanGilllean Member Posts: 169

Night blade   s

lot 1  Brawler /Pve  Hp shield stuck /PVP immobilization

Swallow Soul   HP steal +passive wile sloted + 7 % better heal from all source

Aoe spell + give 11% buff to atak for each enemy hit can hit up to 9 enemy  99%  20 sec

Attak speed buff 30% 20 sec

Leaching strike heal 4 % HP MP SP on basic attak

Armor 5 light for reduced spell cost  and 2 heavy  some armor  Nord for additional 300 armor I luck from items   2 handed sword

slot 2     Heal - regen mp  for each allie in aoe    with reduced cost spamable

Heal tick very strong even better spam abbility

Heavy heal and buff armor resist

Shiphon spirit  every one who atak target get hp and mp

buff Leaching strike heal 4 % HP MP SP on basic attak  great to regen resources

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549

This comment really puts me off playing ESO.

The fact that people have already know the cookie-cutter builds (without doubt) suggests to me that this is a shallow game, lacking in complexity.

You should be able to play this game how you want - like WoW before the talent tree simplification / nerf.

Where is the adventure and excitement in meta-gaming your character's whole development in 2 hours before you even play the game?

• GillleanGilllean Member Posts: 169
    Originally posted by Mors.Magne

The fact that people have already know the cookie-cutter builds (without doubt) suggests to me that this is a shallow game, lacking in complexity.

You should be able to play this game how you want - like WoW before the talent tree simplification / nerf.

Where is the adventure and excitement in meta-gaming your character's whole development in 2 hours before you even play the game?

Bullshit!!!!!!  trust me bull shit

• NagilumSadowNagilumSadow Member UncommonPosts: 318
    Adamari dragon knight
  • Swids2010Swids2010 Member Posts: 244

People keep talking about how they know the few uber builds and that everyone will be using them few builds well I say crack on because the easiest build to learn to fight is the one that's thrown at you consistently. The real fight comes when you throw something at them there not used to seeing.

Plus its a new game launching so expect a lot of nerfs and buffs over the first few months people already complaining Staffs OP so they will probably nerf the crap out of them

Not decided on Class yet. Race will be Dark elf

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549
    Originally posted by Gilllean

Bullshit!!!!!!  trust me bull shit

It seems that in ESO, people have not been given the freedom to make a character how they want it, and for it to be successful.

I have never played ESO, so I can only draw upon my experience of WoW.

In WoW before the talent tree nerf, you could make a glass cannon fire mage, that could do sick damage to 1 target. This was good - it was an enjoyable and popular build - it may have been 'cookie cutter', but you had the freedom to do it.

In WoW after the talent tree nerf, the only viable fire mage build was AOE. Fire mages are now unpopular!

I get the feeling from reading this thread that ESO is more like WoW after the talent tree nerf, rather than before the talent tree nerf.

(Less choice certainly does not equal more options, which is how Blizzard 'sold' the nerf, ridiculous as it may seem.)

• khrisafovkhrisafov Member UncommonPosts: 2

DMKano,

Can you post your dragonmage build in esohead.com? It sounds awesome and i want to try it when game goes live.

Thank you in advance

Originally posted by Swids2010

People keep talking about how they know the few uber builds and that everyone will be using them few builds well I say crack on because the easiest build to learn to fight is the one that's thrown at you consistently. The real fight comes when you throw something at them there not used to seeing.

Plus its a new game launching so expect a lot of nerfs and buffs over the first few months people already complaining Staffs OP so they will probably nerf the crap out of them

Not decided on Class yet. Race will be Dark elf

Spoken like someone with real experience building toons for PVP with skills.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955

MMOs are never going to be Europa Universalis II. There will always be cookie cutter builds, in TESO there are a number of ways to achieve the same functionality in build, thats all you can ask. E.g. more than one way to build a tank.

• SilveruneSilverune Member UncommonPosts: 128

Play whatever class you want, becuase at the end of the day when you have sixty five enemy players chasing you down in Cyrodiil (yes it happened) it will not matter what class you are or what skills you have slotted on your bar believe me...

as for me

Dragon knight Orc tank...