Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sigh. This weekened really was a letdown

ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Believe it or not, but I was seriously positive when the beta weekend started. No seriously.

But now... dammit, BOTH characters I created this weekend are STUCK and I can't even proceed with them!

My Woodelf I made for Daggerfall has a quest stopper in Stros MKai, because the chest doesn't spawn. And YES I tried the relog. Many times. Nothing.

My Imperial in Auridion had 2-3 quests I simply could not finish because the NPCs or boss mobs didn't spawn. At all! And HOW the heck can that be, two weeks before release? Those are early starter quests! Isn't a simple boss spawn a simple mechanic, a game SHOULD handle by now?

But what really just topped it all was - again - Doshia. It's that boss mob in the solo instance. Now ZOS PROMISED they made those boss mobs easier. Now I KNOW the mechanics. She heals herself with orbs. But in the Dominion variant, for some reason, she just summons endless undead minions. Which she never does in the Daggerfall or Ebonheart variant. And I simply COULD NOT defeat her. With the exorbitant repair cost, I just lost half the meager money I had and I accomplished NOTHING. I am so angry and frustrated now, because to top it all we still just CAN'T take in a friend to help!

HOW THE HELL CAN THAT MAKE SENSE IN A MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER GAME!

That's just absurd! Ok, make the bosses difficult if you must, but the heaven's sake, this is a MMO! Allow us to bring a friend!

I am just so outraged! I really want to give ESO a chance. Just believe me I am *no* hater. But I am just sick and tired of these FORCE solo dungeons and my patience already was worn out by about 6-7 quests which were SO bugged I could not finish them! TWO WEEKS BEFORE RELEASE!

This is just not right!

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

Comments

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

i killed Doshia in the dominion side during the previous beta and i dont remember the endless minion spawn (maybe they added that this weekend? no idea). I died a few times until i realized that killing the health orbs was the way to go. I just ran around shooting the orbs and she died really fast. But yeah it was annoying, but i hope more boss fights are tough. Easy boss fights only hurt the game more making it even more inclined towards solo which makes no sense in an mmo

Edit: They do need, they MUST allow everyone to group in and share quests. Fix phasing and all that.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

It's hard to believe you could be let down after so many "I was let down" posts about ESO (kinda like crying wolf in my op). Anyway as for being stuck, keep trying I just had to relog about 6 times for the hagraven boss to respawn, my third beta weekend here haven't been stuck on a single quest, they all have eventually worked.

The last time I noticed I was transferred between a number of phases for the boss, some would have two to three sitting around waiting, others would have 10 or so, the last log had no one and worked.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    I think the games just to hard for you ...the lack of mini maps , the long running in AvA , all the problems you are having with the quests , sometimes you just have to face the fact you just can't adapt to a new game ,
  • rain.birdrain.bird Member Posts: 16
    or face up to the idea that this beta is full of bugs which is turning people off ... and so close to release what is one to think ?
  • ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Originally posted by Bad.dog
    I think the games just to hard for you ...the lack of mini maps , the long running in AvA , all the problems you are having with the quests , sometimes you just have to face the fact you just can't adapt to a new game ,

That may be so. But there is NO justification to make a MMO and FORCE people to solo something! Why do you make a MMORPG and then NOT allow people to bring friends?! That's just absurd!

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• obake90obake90 Member Posts: 60
    Originally posted by Elikal
    Originally posted by Bad.dog

That may be so. But there is NO justification to make a MMO and FORCE people to solo something! Why do you make a MMORPG and then NOT allow people to bring friends?! That's just absurd!

I agree, if its a MMO why force people to solo and not allow to bring friends.

besides that I really like the games, it has a different feel to it... take your time and enjoy your toon, its not about rushing to level 50.

• BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959
    I prefer tactical and varied deep gameplay mechanics to a gear grind/number crunch and that's all I have to say about that.
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Believe it or not, but I was seriously positive when the beta weekend started. No seriously.

But now... dammit, BOTH characters I created this weekend are STUCK and I can't even proceed with them!

My Woodelf I made for Daggerfall has a quest stopper in Stros MKai, because the chest doesn't spawn. And YES I tried the relog. Many times. Nothing.

My Imperial in Auridion had 2-3 quests I simply could not finish because the NPCs or boss mobs didn't spawn. At all! And HOW the heck can that be, two weeks before release? Those are early starter quests! Isn't a simple boss spawn a simple mechanic, a game SHOULD handle by now?

But what really just topped it all was - again - Doshia. It's that boss mob in the solo instance. Now ZOS PROMISED they made those boss mobs easier. Now I KNOW the mechanics. She heals herself with orbs. But in the Dominion variant, for some reason, she just summons endless undead minions. Which she never does in the Daggerfall or Ebonheart variant. And I simply COULD NOT defeat her. With the exorbitant repair cost, I just lost half the meager money I had and I accomplished NOTHING. I am so angry and frustrated now, because to top it all we still just CAN'T take in a friend to help!

That's just absurd! Ok, make the bosses difficult if you must, but the heaven's sake, this is a MMO! Allow us to bring a friend!

I am just so outraged! I really want to give ESO a chance. Just believe me I am *no* hater. But I am just sick and tired of these FORCE solo dungeons and my patience already was worn out by about 6-7 quests which were SO bugged I could not finish them! TWO WEEKS BEFORE RELEASE!

This is just not right!

I believe the beta is running off a build from several weeks ago. If it is, you shouldn't judge how far until the release is and being disappointed about it. This is a beta for goodness sake! :)

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Amjoco

This is just not right!

I believe the beta is running off a build from several weeks ago. If it is, you shouldn't judge how far until the release is and being disappointed about it. This is a beta for goodness sake! :)

It's a new build. As far as I know, pretty sure collision is in.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by Distopia

It's a new build. As far as I know, pretty sure collision is in.

Oh, I also thought the game had collision in it but it was disabled. Perhaps it was just enabled this weekend. /shrug

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

See quote on left side.

Nothing breeds haters faster than hyping people to disappointment. I tried my best to derail the hype train.

But the cycle continues.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

There is two kind of people on these boards (and in the world), those that see a cup as being half filled and those that see a cup as being half  empty... Currently nobody can see how much water there actually is inside the cup, we will know in a few months

these two kinds of people will allmost never agree. I am of the possitive type of people, that only see opportunitees about how to refill or fill up the cup.  In the end we might get dissapointed, but for the time being we had some great time and fun and enjoyed the stuff that actually was in the cup. And by the time a cup gets empty, we allready have found us a new cup to dream about.. 

I know what type of people have happier lives, you too?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135

There are two kinds of people in this world:

1. Those that would pay for alpha version of a game

2. Those who don't want to pay for unfinished products and hate being lab rats

I guess the rest is irrelevant to discuss.

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• muthaxmuthax Member UncommonPosts: 703

Doshia and the other Guild Quest Line Bosses have to be soloed, can't be grouped, because it's a test and honestly because if you can't figure out how to defeat them, maybe you wanna stick to easier content. Guild Quests are optional.

For the rest, I really hope people who are so frustrated in life to behave like this about a game, eventually find peace

• LordZeikLordZeik Member UncommonPosts: 276
    Heck the lag in pvp at times was a letdown. But, understandable when a good 50-60% of the population are just there taking up space hoping the game either goes f2p or waiting for a different game to go into beta. I'm waiting for launch to hit. Will give the game the standard 30 days to see if it up to par or not. Can't really judge it too much with what we currently have or didn't have.
  • mbrodiembrodie Member RarePosts: 1,504

This is just not right!

It sure isnt it's the latest build fresh from the PTS.. thats why we had 3GB patch before the weekend... all the bug fixes that were meant to be in, the screwy design they have done with the starter island and tutorial zone.. mob collision, you're basically looking at the most upto date version of the client, which will probably be the client it launches on! i'm a little concerned but w/e

• docminus2docminus2 Member UncommonPosts: 184

Well, it is a beta after all .... *shrugs*

--------------------------------------------
    Youtube newb:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96N3cxBuqKTPV2BQNlzGUw

• GillleanGilllean Member Posts: 169

This should have been expected TES > ESO have  quite complicated quest  most of mmo are go kill bring and BB here in eso are a lot of variety and scripts are at a higher chance of getting broken ...

I suggest fans just  to believe for best .  I got PST played .... First zones just 1 bug found stopped playing to not spoil release experience ^^.

Just don't let you're self controled by this F2P haters flow and haters .... I was banned and was reading forum ... I face palm every time i'm here just don't listen to what whine ppl here...

Originally posted by mbrodie

This is just not right!

It sure isnt it's the latest build fresh from the PTS.. thats why we had 3GB patch before the weekend... all the bug fixes that were meant to be in, the screwy design they have done with the starter island and tutorial zone.. mob collision, you're basically looking at the most upto date version of the client, which will probably be the client it launches on! i'm a little concerned but w/e

ZOS stated on the beta forum that this isn't the latest build

Originally posted by Gilllean

This should have been expected TES > ESO have  quite complicated quest  most of mmo are go kill bring and BB here in eso are a lot of variety and scripts are at a higher chance of getting broken ...

I suggest fans just  to believe for best .  I got PST played .... First zones just 1 bug found stopped playing to not spoil release experience ^^.

Just don't let you're self controled by this F2P haters flow and haters .... I was banned and was reading forum ... I face palm every time i'm here just don't listen to what whine ppl here...

oh please. - zone into the docks and kill malanie, hardly a intense script quest, it's 1 mob that needs to respawn every 45 seconds after it dies, it should not bug out ever.

Originally posted by muthax

This is just not right!

as you would for damage control.. they also stated before the event they were using the most upto date client with features that had been in testing from previous beta feedback ie - collision, skippable starting zones etc... would you admit this is your launch client if you wanted to keep your playerbase... i'm not asking for a refund and i will play the game at launch, but the API is still very open and add-ons are still working, the release is 3 weeks away and if i was ZOS i'd be saying anything to try and keep as many people from asking for refunds as possible...

it kind of reminds me of everygame ever saying "this is not our launch client" when it really was

• VolenibbletsVolenibblets Member UncommonPosts: 246
    I really tried but I just can't fathom the entertainment value of it in 2014. Even if it were free.

oh please. - zone into the docks and kill malanie, hardly a intense script quest, it's 1 mob that needs to respawn every 45 seconds after it dies, it should not bug out ever.

I don't know this quest, but most of the bugged quests work if there isn't a crowd around. For example, I could kill one of the 3 Abominations because everyone else was having a party in the other 2 spawn points. But couldn't get the other two. People keep on arriving and piling up, blocking the respawn

I don't know this quest, but most of the bugged quests work if there isn't a crowd around. For example, I could kill one of the 3 Abominations because everyone else was having a party in the other 2 spawn points. But couldn't get the other two. People keep on arriving and piling up, blocking the respawn

so that makes it ok, you can kill the mobs so long as other people arent around you.. in an MMO?

This is just not right!

as you would for damage control.. they also stated before the event they were using the most upto date client with features that had been in testing from previous beta feedback ie - collision, skippable starting zones etc... would you admit this is your launch client if you wanted to keep your playerbase... i'm not asking for a refund and i will play the game at launch, but the API is still very open and add-ons are still working, the release is 3 weeks away and if i was ZOS i'd be saying anything to try and keep as many people from asking for refunds as possible...

it kind of reminds me of everygame ever saying "this is not our launch client" when it really was

It's actually been echoed by PTS testers, but whatever.

If they have a new build that fix issues they found with the new changes, they wouldn't use it till they have tested it internally.

But whatever, I am actually happy if, unlike what always happens when a new game comes out, a lot of people decide NOT to buy it. A lot less drama all around.