Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EverQuest Next: All SOE Titles, Including EQN/EQNL Part of All-Access Pass

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

According to an updated version of the Sony All Access Pass FAQ, all Sony Online Entertainment titles, including both EverQuest Next and EverQuest Next: Landmark, will be part of the "one subscription, all games" model that will be put into place in April.

Q: How does the new All Access program differ from the old one?

A: The price for SOE All Access will be reduced from $19.99 to $14.99 and will replace existing SOE game memberships, on or about April 16th, 2014, for the following games: DC Universe Online (PC), PlanetSide 2 (PC), EverQuest, and EverQuest II, as well as Vanguard: Saga of Heroes*. We have confirmed that Dragon’s Prophet will be included in the program as well, and are working closely with Runewaker to determine additional benefits. Finally, the new plan will also expand to include our upcoming titles, EverQuest Next and EQN Landmark!

How does it work? As an example, if you are a gold member in EverQuest II, you’ll soon be upgraded to SOE All Access with full member entitlements in ALL eligible SOE games! You don’t need to lift a finger – it will all be done automatically.

You will be able to log in to claim a monthly grant of 500 SC (one grant per account), and will receive 10% off ALL Marketplace purchases. Some exclusions will apply, including Station Cash top-ups, Krono and membership purchases. SOE All Access members will also be eligible for exclusive promotions and offers throughout the year.

Read the full FAQ on the SOE forum.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181
    Maybe it's the beer buzz, but this seems like pretty damn good news right now.
  • CobraLord1CobraLord1 Member UncommonPosts: 34
    what you think they gonna do for the consoles?
  • bendwc10bendwc10 Member UncommonPosts: 56
    I see that Vanguard is still in the list. I thought that game was being shut down
  • Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Totally not interested in any of the older games, just Landmark. I'd pay a monthly fee for a Landmark type package only though.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Originally posted by Darwa

On paper yes but not when your gold account does not give you all the content,the account status is more like a pass to Disney land,means little as the actual cost will run you more.

What is the sense of allowing access if every game needs you to spend more,this is like a grocery store telling you your saving money on the sale items ,when in reality you wouldn't be buying those anyhow and if i was i would get the entire product not half of it and have to pay more later.

IMO it is a very lame gimmick,one they must think people are really dumb to fall into.If you plan on playing their games anyhow and plan on spending money in all of them then no big deal right,but as a gimmick to entice new customers,no deal.

I pay my 15 bucks a month in FFXIV,i know exactly what i get,no hidden costs and i get 100% of the content.I also know i will get steady meaningful updates and not have to just wait for an SOE expansion which is nothing more than new maps and creatures to kill,in other words a bigger game never adding anything new or creative.

I don't think i will ever support SOE again in my lifetime,not unless a new regime takes the helm and Smedley is gone.I used to be a huge SOE advocate,i would buy anything they sold and supported them dearly,how things have changed and ONE guy made that all happen,the same guy who ruined SWG for those fans.

Bottom Line is that ONE guy Smedley has totally ruined this company,if i was the CEO of the main SOE headquarters ,Smed would have long been demoted or fired.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Originally posted by Ice-Queen
    Totally not interested in any of the older games, just Landmark. I'd pay a monthly fee for a Landmark type package only though.

I somewhat agree, actually  i would support all their stuff if there was no cash shop and YES i did at one time support them big time.

However Landmark is a piss in the bucket for effort,might as well say SOE has done NOTHING for this product.They licensed the Voxels Farm and that is basically all you are doing is paying for the use of that license.Anything else in game would take VERY few employees,SOE is just getting players to pay for that license and profit from it as well.This whole idea is SOE's sneaky way of getting crowd funding to fund the Voxel Farm license and EQ:Next.

SOe needs to show me they put some effort into Landmark,a LOT more than what is there right now,i would not pay a sub fee for Minecraft 2.0.

Simple reason is this,i can go play around on the FREE Epic games UDK and am able to do a LOT more on that ,that i could using Landmark's tools.Matter of fact i have already been doing that for years on all of the free game engines,15 years to be exact .

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Originally posted by Wizardry
    Originally posted by Darwa

On paper yes but not when your gold account does not give you all the content,the account status is more like a pass to Disney land,means little as the actual cost will run you more.

What is the sense of allowing access if every game needs you to spend more,this is like a grocery store telling you your saving money on the sale items ,when in reality you wouldn't be buying those anyhow and if i was i would get the entire product not half of it and have to pay more later.

IMO it is a very lame gimmick,one they must think people are really dumb to fall into.If you plan on playing their games anyhow and plan on spending money in all of them then no big deal right,but as a gimmick to entice new customers,no deal.

I pay my 15 bucks a month in FFXIV,i know exactly what i get,no hidden costs and i get 100% of the content.I also know i will get steady meaningful updates and not have to just wait for an SOE expansion which is nothing more than new maps and creatures to kill,in other words a bigger game never adding anything new or creative.

I don't think i will ever support SOE again in my lifetime,not unless a new regime takes the helm and Smedley is gone.I used to be a huge SOE advocate,i would buy anything they sold and supported them dearly,how things have changed and ONE guy made that all happen,the same guy who ruined SWG for those fans.

Bottom Line is that ONE guy Smedley has totally ruined this company,if i was the CEO of the main SOE headquarters ,Smed would have long been demoted or fired.

You are deluding yourself if you think FFXIV is going to do anything different in terms of content. They are already adding 'hard' version of allready existing content. And yes all MMOS add maps and new creatures to kill and thats what you will get with FFXIV too.

Talk about double standards.

• MegilindirMegilindir Member UncommonPosts: 223
    SoE just confuses me sometimes.It looks like a good deal but somehow i sense that in return, i will not get any real and solid content...Just somehow they give me that feeling.

beLIEve

• Storm_CloudStorm_Cloud Member UncommonPosts: 401

It's a nice deal but, I still need a challenge in games like EQ1 and EQ2. I'd say Vanguard but it already has somewhat of a challenge but it is being shutdown.

Add a classic server for both EQ1 (pre luclin, no mercenaries) and EQ2 (difficulty on release in EQ2 was great and fun) then I'll gladly throw $14.99/month at it.

Or don't and I'll wait, save my money until EQN comes out and try that, atleast until Pantheon is released, because I know for a fact that Pantheon aims to have the type of challenge that I am looking for.

• TbauTbau Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 401

While I will be playing Landmark at release, perhaps even EQ:N, I don't see the point in getting an All-Access pass when both of those games will be F2P games. if I want to purchase something from their cash shop, I would spend the $15 on $15 worth of SC instead of $15 for all-access and get $5 worth of SC.

Or are they pulling a fast one and making them freeimum and just calling them F2P?!? Because that is not what they are selling with Landmarks founders packs.

• fantasyfreak112fantasyfreak112 Member Posts: 499
    Is this the part where SoE deletes more games from it's all access pass right after announcing additions....?
  • cylon8cylon8 Member UncommonPosts: 362
    they are removing two games that would have made the pass appealing to me and if archeage gets going stateside I wont have interest in any soe game for a long time

so say we all

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465

SOE is a like a really crappy all-you-can-eat buffet: get all you want for a low price, but you don't really want much or any of it, because it is all low quality crap.

• DeathFromAboveDeathFromAbove Member UncommonPosts: 112
    l'm going to miss Vanguard, l was playing it since the first day, even with the bugs, l still loved it. Is sad to see it shut down. No reason to play it anymore, is just a waste of time now. Just going to log in one of this days just to take screen shots and maybe some video shots before is gone forever.
  • muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585

it's only a good deal if you plan on playing more than 1 of the games. most of them are old and/or suck imo.

• xanthmetisxanthmetis Member UncommonPosts: 141
    I'd pay 15 for eqn alone... Not really a big deal since I've subbed to other games in the past I like... I do find the cash shop and a sub a bit much... But I cannot imagine spending money in one never have in any game including f2 p games...
  • AcidonAcidon Member UncommonPosts: 796
    Originally posted by bendwc10
    I see that Vanguard is still in the list. I thought that game was being shut down

Talk about rubbing salt into the wound. 

Hey guys!  Vanguard will be part of the new and cost-reduced All-Access-Pass for 3 months!  Then Sunset time!

I remember back when seeing the SOE logo didn't make me vomit into my mouth a little bit.

• GanksinatraGanksinatra Member UncommonPosts: 455
    Leave it to mmorpg posters to take a deal on games people still play and enjoy and crap all over it. We need to get together and repeat the mantra "This is not for me, and that's okay" over and over. I would wager that would cure 90% of the butthurt plaguing the world right now.
  • keenberkeenber Member UncommonPosts: 438

For me this is a good deal and it also gives me some hope for EQN . Although i wont be playing EQN this move probably means that EQN will have different levels of membership and only the bottem level of sub will be F2P.

• koboldfodderkoboldfodder Member UncommonPosts: 447

The only real issue I have is what is gated behind the cash shop.  Unlike every SOE successful game, EQ Landmark and EQ Next were designed to be F2P from the very first meeting.

EQ2 and Original EQ also have F2P options, but because people were paying subscriptions for years they could not all of a sudden make it a gated cash game like Neverwinter.

If you pay fifteen dollars a month and do not get access to 100% of EQ Next and Landmark then it's going to be difficult to play.  I don't care about any other SOE title.  Have no interest in playing them.  I played EQ and EQ2 for years and have not logged into those games in a very long time.  Access to those two games means nothing to me.  Planetside 2?  No thanks.  The other SOE games...not a chance.

All I want to play is EQ Next and Landmark and I will HAPPILY fork over 15 dollars a month to be able to play 100% of those two titles WITHOUT having to unlock things like inventory bags, bank space, mounts...etc it a gated cash shop.

If at any point this game goes in the direction of Perfect Wolrds pathetic, watered down games and gated cash shops, I will stop playing.

Why is it so hard for these companies to understand there are tons of people out here, who HAVE jobs and can actually afford to pay for a box title, and a monthly subscription for a quality game and do NOT want to be bothered like those awful telemarketers on the phone.

Did something happen over the past few years, that all of a sudden the market shifted and people who have jobs no longer play video games and that ALL gamers are nothing but broke college students who walk around with nothing but loose change in their pockets?

• SamuraiXIVSamuraiXIV Member Posts: 354
    WTF? All the shouting that EQN is free to play and now this? Would never buy or playa SOE game.

"mmorpg.com forum admins are all TROLLS and losers in real life"
    My opinion

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    Originally posted by SamuraiXIV
    WTF? All the shouting that EQN is free to play and now this? Would never buy or playa SOE game.

They will be f2p like EQ1 and EQ2 were f2p. All expansions are free till you get to the current ones. Subing gives you advantages that make it worth subbing end game. Why people get upset a company spends millions to make a game and they get sneaky at finding ways to make money. Gamers need to pay money if they want their beloved games to keep going! Really people

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    Originally posted by koboldfodder

The only real issue I have is what is gated behind the cash shop.  Unlike every SOE successful game, EQ Landmark and EQ Next were designed to be F2P from the very first meeting.

EQ2 and Original EQ also have F2P options, but because people were paying subscriptions for years they could not all of a sudden make it a gated cash game like Neverwinter.

If you pay fifteen dollars a month and do not get access to 100% of EQ Next and Landmark then it's going to be difficult to play.  I don't care about any other SOE title.  Have no interest in playing them.  I played EQ and EQ2 for years and have not logged into those games in a very long time.  Access to those two games means nothing to me.  Planetside 2?  No thanks.  The other SOE games...not a chance.

All I want to play is EQ Next and Landmark and I will HAPPILY fork over 15 dollars a month to be able to play 100% of those two titles WITHOUT having to unlock things like inventory bags, bank space, mounts...etc it a gated cash shop.

If at any point this game goes in the direction of Perfect Wolrds pathetic, watered down games and gated cash shops, I will stop playing.

Why is it so hard for these companies to understand there are tons of people out here, who HAVE jobs and can actually afford to pay for a box title, and a monthly subscription for a quality game and do NOT want to be bothered like those awful telemarketers on the phone.

Did something happen over the past few years, that all of a sudden the market shifted and people who have jobs no longer play video games and that ALL gamers are nothing but broke college students who walk around with nothing but loose change in their pockets?

It was about a year or so ago Blizzard made the sparkle pony flying mount a cash shop only item. Opening weekend Blizzard made 25 million. Just over 48hr and gamers handed out that much cash. That was the end of MMOs as we knew it. Gamers made every game company take note and work towards fair looking ways to dip into our wallest twice for services that used to be included with our sub. Get used to it or stop MMOing as its gamers falt we let them do this to us :/

• FinalFikusFinalFikus Member Posts: 906
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    Originally posted by SamuraiXIV

They will be f2p like EQ1 and EQ2 were f2p. All expansions are free till you get to the current ones. Subing gives you advantages that make it worth subbing end game. Why people get upset a company spends millions to make a game and they get sneaky at finding ways to make money. Gamers need to pay money if they want their beloved games to keep going! Really people

I'd gladly pay for planetside2, there is so much potential, but the way the game and shop is set up, I don't know if people would even want that. The shop doesn't interest me at all...so I stopped playing and paying.

"If the Damned gave you a roadmap, then you'd know just where to go"

• FinalFikusFinalFikus Member Posts: 906
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    Originally posted by koboldfodder

It was about a year or so ago Blizzard made the sparkle pony flying mount a cash shop only item. Opening weekend Blizzard made 25 million. Just over 48hr and gamers handed out that much cash. That was the end of MMOs as we knew it. Gamers made every game company take note and work towards fair looking ways to dip into our wallest twice for services that used to be included with our sub. Get used to it or stop MMOing as its gamers falt we let them do this to us :/

Yup. CoD players have standards higher than a 12 year old or else we all would be replaced with and endless stream of hardcore gamers. Someone taught them well.

"If the Damned gave you a roadmap, then you'd know just where to go"