Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Poll - Does ESO launching with a horse available in the cash shop at launch bother you?

LisaFlexy22LisaFlexy22 Member UncommonPosts: 450
Let's get some poll data on the subject

Comments

• LisaFlexy22LisaFlexy22 Member UncommonPosts: 450

Mods, is there a way you could merge this poll into this thread here?  There doesn't seem to be a way to add in a poll to my OP on that thread.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/407567/ESO-launching-with-horse-available-in-cash-shop.html

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • KnotwoodKnotwood Member CommonPosts: 1,103

Yes, this is what I think of it....

That's me riding the metaphorical cash store horse of ESO, and they are laughing all the way to the bank on this one, because I'm going to take it, and I'm going to take it because ESO will be the best ride available.   Its a dream game that only comes once every 10 years.  So I'm going to rid this horse, and just hit it every time it does something like this, because all the other horses are too slow and old to ride. 

Atlesast I'll be ridding this one out on an Imperial White Horse...  if that's even something to brag about now.

• umcorianumcorian Member UncommonPosts: 519

IMHO, a game doesn't get to charge $60, require a $15 per month subscription rate... then add "convenience" items that grant mechanical advantages into their cash shops. The "you can buy the same horse for 17k gold in game" argument flies when defending a Free to Play game that does this... not a subscription model.

I will *never* play a Pay-to-Play, subscription-based game that has a cash shop that sells anything more than vanity items. Not a chance in hell. 

• CouganCougan Member UncommonPosts: 422

I dislike it. It isnt a dealbreaker and is a fairly minor annoyance but would put me off completely if they add even more things to it such as bag space or whatever.

Hopefully Zenimax gets enough feedback that this is not acceptable at all for the sub model

• KnotwoodKnotwood Member CommonPosts: 1,103
    Originally posted by Cougan

I dislike it. It isnt a dealbreaker and is a fairly minor annoyance but would put me off completely if they add even more things to it such as bag space or whatever.

Hopefully Zenimax gets enough feedback that this is not acceptable at all for the sub model

I'm going to call it now.   Its going to be an LOTRO style store.   bank space, inventory space, extra characters.  All going to be in there soon enough.

• CazNeergCazNeerg Member Posts: 2,198
    Originally posted by umcorian

IMHO, a game doesn't get to charge $60, require a $15 per month subscription rate... then add "convenience" items that grant mechanical advantages into their cash shops. The "you can buy the same horse for 17k gold in game" argument flies when defending a Free to Play game that does this... not a subscription model.

I will *never* play a Pay-to-Play, subscription-based game that has a cash shop that sells anything more than vanity items. Not a chance in hell. 

They get to do whatever they want.  You get to decide whether to cooperate.  If they make lots of money doing it this way, they won't care whether a few people decided not to cooperate.  (Guess: They will make lots of money doing it this way.)

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

• FlyinDutchman87FlyinDutchman87 Member UncommonPosts: 336

It bothers me less than the Imperial edition BS with race/factions unlocks and ANOTHER ENTIRE RACE TO PLAY. 

Shame the AvA's so good or i coulda convinced myself to boycott. 

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by Cougan

The poll in the beta forums is currently running 75% against.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• infiniti70infiniti70 Member UncommonPosts: 73
    Ya, unfortunately I do.
  • MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Added poll to other thread. Thread locked.
This discussion has been closed.