Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NDA is lifted, now we can chat!

124»

Comments

• v_Vev_Ve Member UncommonPosts: 311
    Originally posted by zelaex
    I don't get what's so wrong about meteoricone's post. Ender4's statement just bashes the game. It would have been nice when he listed some of the reasons for calling it the worst beta since Vanguard. I won't play WildStar and I'm on the ESO train right now but I wanted to give a fair opinion on why I switched sides after cheering 2 years for the wrong game.

no no no the wrong game in your opinion lol because i could same the same about eso but of course you cant relate to other people you don't know.

Witty & Wicked >:)

• EnglefieldEnglefield Member UncommonPosts: 22
    Originally posted by CazNeerg
    The only reason it's fine in reverse is that, after having played the games, a lot of people like ESO well enough to want to defend it, and not very many people feel that way about Wildstar.

No, there is a whole lot more to it than that. These are by far the strangest forums I've ever seen. I took the trouble to have a nose at posters profiles and the vast majority of posters (not all) being overly critical of Wildstar are either lovers of ESO or new highly active accounts. And yes, I know that works the other way too. That doesn't mean those opinions are invalid, but I do wonder why posters here seem more eager to down the game they aren't playing rather than support the game they are. 

People prefer one game over the other, fine. People like to express opinions, also fine and mostly welcome. But this constant need for the same people to enter every single thread and express their critical opinion on Wildstar general for the eighth time that day honestly makes me wonder if ESO is really all it's cracked up to be. 

• CazNeergCazNeerg Member Posts: 2,198

Originally posted by meteoricone 

So what you are in fact saying is that "We are ESO fanboys and because our game is teh bestest it's fine for us troll games on other parts of the forum" 

Thanks for clariftying your extremely mature attitude. 

I've spent some time reviewing the ESO boards and it certainly looks like anyone who is not a defender, or anyone who trolls like the guy above, or indeed anyone who simply finds the game not for them is attacked immediately and lambasted by those than simply cannot comprehend that people like different games :) 

If you guys are typical of the ESO community then you are welcome to it, I am sure you will fit right in :)

Actually, what I am saying is that it's simple math.  When more people like game A than like game B, you are going to see more people defending game A than game B.

Originally posted by Englefield

No, there is a whole lot more to it than that. These are by far the strangest forums I've ever seen. I took the trouble to have a nose at posters profiles and the vast majority of posters (not all) being overly critical of Wildstar are either lovers of ESO or new highly active accounts. And yes, I know that works the other way too. That doesn't mean those opinions are invalid, but I do wonder why posters here seem more eager to down the game they aren't playing rather than support the game they are. 

People prefer one game over the other, fine. People like to express opinions, also fine and mostly welcome. But this constant need for the same people to enter every single thread and express their critical opinion on Wildstar general for the eighth time that day honestly makes me wonder if ESO is really all it's cracked up to be. 

It's hard to pinpoint where it started, but I think from most posters it is mostly a reaction to prior attacks.  Their favorite got attacked by fans of a given game, so when the opportunity arises they strike back.  People inevitably compare MMOs that are coming out in the same year, then trolls sneak in with a few well placed posts to start a fight, and momentum takes care of the rest.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

Fantastic and constructive feedback. 

If anybody was to make such a lame yet highly critical post regarding ESO the defenders would be all over it. I see it's fine in reverse :O 

These forums :)

The only reason it's fine in reverse is that, after having played the games, a lot of people like ESO well enough to want to defend it, and not very many people feel that way about Wildstar.

So what you are in fact saying is that "We are ESO fanboys and because our game is teh bestest it's fine for us troll games on other parts of the forum"

Thanks for clariftying your extremely mature attitude.

I've spent some time reviewing the ESO boards and it certainly looks like anyone who is not a defender, or anyone who trolls like the guy above, or indeed anyone who simply finds the game not for them is attacked immediately and lambasted by those than simply cannot comprehend that people like different games :)

If you guys are typical of the ESO community then you are welcome to it, I am sure you will fit right in :)

The pot calling the kettle black i see, if my post is trolling then yours most def could be considered trolling i posted that because he said "the wrong" game like everyone thinks that and i for one don't making that statement incorrect, people need to get their facts right lol

Originally posted by Englefield

Trust me its not had familyspend money trying to get into the eso beta and he just passed the account on he thought it was so horrid lol

• DoushiDoushi Member UncommonPosts: 96

My conclusion after playing beta:

If you liked WoW but want to change game, or want game like WoW with its own twists and little fluffs like housing.

then by all means buy it. it does what it does good. But those who thought it would break the themepark mold will be dissapointed. 

The areas were like a race track that you run thru and picked up quests on checkpoints.

The explorer path was a big dissapointment, just a mark on a map and when you got there you pressed a button and thats it.

I dont think I will be playing it becouse Il be playing ESO, but Wildstar aint bad, I just dont want the kind of things wildstar offers anymore.

mmorpg.com, the 4chan of mmo forums.

• AvulAvul Member Posts: 196

[mod edit]

Elite: Dangerous - Space Exploration & Trading.

[mod edit]

[mod edit]

[mod edit]

"^^ Perfect example of a eso fanboi twisting the truth about wildstar vs eso tsk tsk tsk, First off how could you even say that Eso offers pretty much more features  than wildstar, features is where Wildstar slams eso out of the water, being a closed beta testers for both,Eso's only saving graces are its questing and voice acting everything eles is lack-luster and clunky ( from animation's to combat)

When it comes to character development that depends,with wild-star skills you get tiers that add effects to your skills so as a esper my build could be completely different from the esper next to me , in eso esp in pvp you see the same skills being used as well as the same morphs because most of them are not balanced and one is usually better (esp pvp wise) than the other how in any way shape or form is that better ? and when it comes to people leaving fast that's a lie like i said of one eso's pros is its lvling but its has NO end-game but 5 man and tedious avava which will get boring after a couple (2-3) months.

Um i think your misinformed, wild-star closed beta keys sell for 150 $ eso's only sell for 50-75$ i don't see why  people would pay a higher price if they didn't want to get into beta ( information from a Beta key seller and self experience)

these points doe. how is the end-game better when its non-existent? like i said only 5 man instances and avava thats it with wildstar however there's 25 and 40 man raiding, 2v2,3v3 and 5v5 arena,battles-grounds,Actual Open world pvp, Housing and fully player made 40v40 plots, why do you eso fanbois even try,these lies saying ESO has more etc  are complete crap it doesn't matter what u like or not,facts are facts and wild-star beats eso in features by miles .

lol again there is far more character variation is wild-star than eso the only section in that that eso wins is character creation besides that wild-star offers more in this department as well. 

you say that until you at at the respec shrine spending thousands of gold trying to get your build like jolly joe who beat you a few hours before , yea  ok eso could have been great but the people making the game fell short . period.

you can name weapons..... ok ? can u change how they look(besides silly clunky animation enchantments).... no,but you can name them and that's all you mainly care about........................is being unique...........................but your going to the game that has the least amount of features out of the 2..................... for you to do that .....................#GLwithDat

This was me ! i  had kept switching between the 2 and i finally said wild-star is a bad horrible game and i'm sticking with eso because its Was just so awesome!.......... until i logged back on my wild-star CBT account and saw that i had been missing playtime on a gem, Eso is to sub-par with very lack-luster content i was a fanboi too until i saw the way better light that was wild-star and now i'm not turning back you can bet your bucks on that!"

• ErdaErda Member UncommonPosts: 211
    Originally posted by LisaFlexy22
    Personally I found the game to be way more fun on paper and in videos than when actually playing it - but I wish the best for the Wildstar fans and hope you enjoy the game at launch! :)

This is my feeling too.  The videos really were great and pulled me in.  Unfortunately, the beta was very disappointing for me.  The questing was absolutely torturous.  Also found the graphics quite jarring.

I did enjoy the housing though.

• bloodbonebloodbone Member Posts: 142
    Wow I have never seen such a blanket consensus on these forums before.  I have not tried the beta but the general tenor out there seems to be people wanted to love this and it hasn't materialized.  
  • ButeoRegalisButeoRegalis Member UncommonPosts: 594
    Originally posted by bloodbone
    Wow I have never seen such a blanket consensus on these forums before.  I have not tried the beta but the general tenor out there seems to be people wanted to love this and it hasn't materialized.  

Well, we have a release date now, so "materialization" is imminent.

• CazNeergCazNeerg Member Posts: 2,198
    Originally posted by bloodbone

I actually think that is a very good way of putting the general feeling.  Wildstar is like the girl you pined after for ages, then you actually went on a date, and eh....

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

• vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708
    Originally posted by Vobrias
    [mod edit]

[mod edit]

"^^ Perfect example of a eso fanboi twisting the truth about wildstar vs eso tsk tsk tsk, First off how could you even say that Eso offers pretty much more features  than wildstar, features is where Wildstar slams eso out of the water, being a closed beta testers for both,Eso's only saving graces are its questing and voice acting everything eles is lack-luster and clunky ( from animation's to combat)

When it comes to character development that depends,with wild-star skills you get tiers that add effects to your skills so as a esper my build could be completely different from the esper next to me , in eso esp in pvp you see the same skills being used as well as the same morphs because most of them are not balanced and one is usually better (esp pvp wise) than the other how in any way shape or form is that better ? and when it comes to people leaving fast that's a lie like i said of one eso's pros is its lvling but its has NO end-game but 5 man and tedious avava which will get boring after a couple (2-3) months.

Um i think your misinformed, wild-star closed beta keys sell for 150 $ eso's only sell for 50-75$ i don't see why  people would pay a higher price if they didn't want to get into beta ( information from a Beta key seller and self experience)

these points doe. how is the end-game better when its non-existent? like i said only 5 man instances and avava thats it with wildstar however there's 25 and 40 man raiding, 2v2,3v3 and 5v5 arena,battles-grounds,Actual Open world pvp, Housing and fully player made 40v40 plots, why do you eso fanbois even try,these lies saying ESO has more etc  are complete crap it doesn't matter what u like or not,facts are facts and wild-star beats eso in features by miles .

lol again there is far more character variation is wild-star than eso the only section in that that eso wins is character creation besides that wild-star offers more in this department as well. 

you say that until you at at the respec shrine spending thousands of gold trying to get your build like jolly joe who beat you a few hours before , yea  ok eso could have been great but the people making the game fell short . period.

you can name weapons..... ok ? can u change how they look(besides silly clunky animation enchantments).... no,but you can name them and that's all you mainly care about........................is being unique...........................but your going to the game that has the least amount of features out of the 2..................... for you to do that .....................#GLwithDat

This was me ! i  had kept switching between the 2 and i finally said wild-star is a bad horrible game and i'm sticking with eso because its Was just so awesome!.......... until i logged back on my wild-star CBT account and saw that i had been missing playtime on a gem, Eso is to sub-par with very lack-luster content i was a fanboi too until i saw the way better light that was wild-star and now i'm not turning back you can bet your bucks on that!"

Irony here.  Calling people fanboys for bashing a game and state things incorrectly when you do the same.  ESO has adventure zones (their form of raiding for 12+ peeps) which are tiered above the veteran dungeons, and playing the other factions.  Then there is Cyrodiil as well.  If you were a PTS player in the right group for ESO you would know this.  As far as morphs go, you do see a lot of the same ones being used by players who like to copy builds or min/max, but I have tried nearly every morph combination during my PTS time in ESo and there are misconceptions even among the PTS'rs about the balances of morph abilities.  I honestly enjoy both games, and wish them both luck.  But you fail at your arguments when you are doing exactly what you claim others are doing.  Two wrongs do not make a right mate.

Cheers!

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679

Every time I see scenic views posted by the devs, the first thing that comes to mind is places in wow. Not saying that's a good or bad thing. To me, and this a purely personal view, It's just that a lot of the imagery is so close to wow.

Maybe because I played wow for a long time, that something with a similar art style automatically defaults in my memory to the game I spent years with.

As I say, this may not be a bad thing for me as it could bring back good associations when playing. But again, it may just remind me while playing that those good associations are based on a game with a new expac coming up. We'll see.

Originally posted by JudgeUK

Every time I see scenic views posted by the devs, the first thing that comes to mind is places in wow. Not saying that's a good or bad thing. To me, and this a purely personal view, It's just that a lot of the imagery is so close to wow.

Maybe because I played wow for a long time, that something with a similar art style automatically defaults in my memory to the game I spent years with.

As I say, this may not be a bad thing for me as it could bring back good associations when playing. But again, it may just remind me while playing that those good associations are based on a game with a new expac coming up. We'll see.

Yeah I mentioned that on the official forums as well. The whole game doesn't feel sci-fi-y enough for me. There should be more low-gravity or helmet-flashlights-planet-surfaces missions and such. Maybe indoor areas with floating mobs. For the most part the outdoor areas are tweaked WoW zones in my eyes. It's these little details which I dislike. A mailbox instead of drones, a WoW-like currency of Gold, Bronze and Platinum etc. Meh!

Originally posted by vmoped
    Originally posted by Vobrias
    [mod edit]

[mod edit]

Irony here.  Calling people fanboys for bashing a game and state things incorrectly when you do the same.  ESO has adventure zones (their form of raiding for 12+ peeps) which are tiered above the veteran dungeons, and playing the other factions.  Then there is Cyrodiil as well.  If you were a PTS player in the right group for ESO you would know this.  As far as morphs go, you do see a lot of the same ones being used by players who like to copy builds or min/max, but I have tried nearly every morph combination during my PTS time in ESo and there are misconceptions even among the PTS'rs about the balances of morph abilities.  I honestly enjoy both games, and wish them both luck.  But you fail at your arguments when you are doing exactly what you claim others are doing.  Two wrongs do not make a right mate.

Cheers!

i find you trying to use Cyrodill as a saving grace funny. if anything i feel that zone will prob be the downfall of the game if they keep it as is and dont add any incentives to it, as a guild you get nothing for owning a keep or resource but your name poping up if a player hover's over that keep/resource, also for it being such a rping game  and king being such a big thing there's not even anything that happens when u get a new king, this and many more points just lead's back to the game makers falling short i suppose, and  more power to the eso player but i put my information out there to correct the lies and to help people see a different view

Vobrias how about writing down the strengths of WildStar and what you really enjoyed about it instead of bashing ESO in every single post? [mod edit]  Even future ESO players know that there are many flaws but also a lot of strengths. We're talking about WildStar here.. [mod edit]

• LazzaroLazzaro Member UncommonPosts: 548

The reason I disappointed is because if you listen to Jeremy Gaffney in interviews he even tells us "Play how you want to play" and that isn't true, it's just the same as every other theme park mmo released in the past 10 years.

Originally posted by zelaex
    Vobrias how about writing down the strengths of WildStar and what you really enjoyed about it instead of bashing ESO in every single post? [mod edit]  Even future ESO players know that there are many flaws but also a lot of strengths. We're talking about WildStar here.. [mod edit]

Your excused lol i was just replying to the guy who made a comment towards me , i'm well aware this is about wild-star i don't see why i couldn't take a post or 2 to reply to a comment that didn't have to do  with the topic.Thread De-railing  happens in almost every thread on this site ....

Anyway.....since you asked 

Wildstar Pros (and thing's i like including/and facts)

-Arena'a

-Battleground's

-Actual OW pvp

-Very open character making

-Combat

-Raiding ( 20m and 40m)

and more but that is what comes to mind since i was so rudely asked in the first place if anything more comes to mind ill just edit :)