Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do people actually like this game?

Comments

• Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234
    Originally posted by drowelf

Originally posted by Iselin
    Originally posted by tixylix
    I guess the standards of the genre have slipped, just don't get this new generation of gamer who likes this shit. It isn't even a proper MMO, sad, I guess all the people who would have agreed left of boredom from this site years ago, mainly due to the lack of anything from the genre.

Here's a thought...maybe it's you, not the game.

or hobby any more, perhaps checkers or Dommios are more your speed.

Huh? I thought the combat was so slow in ESO that it was made for old people.

I would recommend chess btw and if you're playing against ai set it to highest difficulty.
  • GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989
    Originally posted by miagisan

I TOO AM DISAPPOINTED.......

I have not received my check either

I would have said that you disappointment is ok...cause that's within the realms of expectation. Til I saw the fine print.....WHAT CHECK?!?! Why does anyone think they deserve a check back?!?! If you seriously paid for an unfinished product, and it didn't turn out the way you wanted...too friggin bad! If they were the best company in the world, they might refund your money. No company refund for an expected product. Just because YOU weren't satisfied.

Defective? Yes. Didn't like? Would have to have a clause in the preorder...did it?

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156
    Originally posted by Gestankfaust

I would have said that you disappointment is ok...cause that's within the realms of expectation. Til I saw the fine print.....WHAT CHECK?!?! Why does anyone think they deserve a check back?!?! If you seriously paid for an unfinished product, and it didn't turn out the way you wanted...too friggin bad! If they were the best company in the world, they might refund your money. No company refund for an expected product. Just because YOU weren't satisfied.

Defective? Yes. Didn't like? Would have to have a clause in the preorder...did it?

Please re-read the thread....people are waiting for their positive attitude shill checks for enjoying the game. I am waiting for mine dammit since obviously noone can like the game and we are all shills for doing so!

(BTW i preordered the Imperial Version Collector's edition...NO REGRETS!!!)

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    Originally posted by tixylix

I don't get the hype here, most people I know were bored before they even exited the tutorial. I played the first few islands before I quit, but I knew I hated how it didn't feel like a world, I mean the main series has loading screens, but at least it still felt persistent. On top of that though, it didn't feel like an Elder Scrolls game, it felt like an MMO with the best bits of The Elder Scrolls taken out of it. I always thought the series was the perfect game waiting turn be turned into an MMO, but that was because it got rid of all the shit parts of MMOs. All they've seemed to do however is just made a worse WoW like all the other MMOs that have come since, only this time the combat is so bad it isn't even funny. 

Just like Titanfall, there seems to be so much hype from the press, yet I know no one who actually likes it. They've basically turned a sandbox into a theme park. It isn't a proper MMO, it is all instanced and split up behind hundreds of loading screens, there is no world feeling and this is a disturbing trend in the genre. It isn't an Elder Scrolls game, it doesn't feel open, the quests are all boring, the combat is somehow worse and it doesn't feel like a sandbox or open like Elder Scrolls games do. Who does this appeal to? It's like a mash up of all the worst things about MMOs, the last good one was 2004 and that was WoW, since then it is like no one has come close, they all miss the point. I used to love the genre with SWG, EVE, WoW, EQ, PS... now it just feels like all ambition has gone, all innovation has gone, the open world has gone, they're creating games now, not worlds. To me an MMO is a world, if it loses that feeling, it isn't massive, it's an online game.

Just give me coop Elder Scrolls instead, all I really wanted any ways.

Tons of people are going to like this game, just like tons of people like star wars and even more people like wow.  people love this style of game.

as for myself i completely agree with you on how much this game sucks. it is VERY boring and has some of the worst quest i have ever seen.  Its just another quest hub game that is on rails and will lose plenty of people after the first few months.

but god forbid we come here and state the obvious, we have only seen the same thing happen in how many games now? war, conan, rift, star wars, shall i keep going??  soon to add eso and wild star to this list of themepark titles that are free to play or just gone?

Originally posted by Gestankfaust

Please re-read the thread....people are waiting for their positive attitude shill checks for enjoying the game. I am waiting for mine dammit since obviously noone can like the game and we are all shills for doing so!

(BTW i preordered the Imperial Version Collector's edition...NO REGRETS!!!)

oh....So WHERE'S ME CHECK!!!

sorry :P

• grndzrogrndzro Member UncommonPosts: 1,162

System message

Welcome to the ESO beta test! The servers will be open on Friday march 14 at noon 4mp GMT.

If you are in Europe you will be presented with the option to choose to play on the EU megaserver before the servers come up for the beta event.

You can continue your characters from the last beta event on either server.

Will be playing ^^

• AbardomasAbardomas Member Posts: 159

I'll be playing all weekend and once it comes out it will be the only game I play for a long time!

• eindinblocheindinbloch Member Posts: 60

My hype for this game is almost purely DAOC-based.  I am a huge Elder Scrolls fan, and, while this game does get some things right, there is also quite a bit of stuff missing.  To me, it plays kind of like Morrowind with some MMO-style skills (i.e. primary class skills).  I do really like the sword and shield fighting though.  It doesn't quite feel like Skyrim, but it's leaps and bounds better than most other MMOs and it feels right.

Anyway, I am also a huge DAOC fan, and can't wait for the castle sieges.  I figure they can always add more Elder Scrolls content later, but with a solid RvR-style gameplay in from the beginning, I can always wait until they do.

For me, the main thing missing from an Elder Scrolls perspective is AI.  I really want to see NPCs walking in and out of buildings, talking to each other, talking to the player, eating meals, working at shops, traveling between towns, etc.  Skyrim did a great job at advancing these RPG elements and I want to see ESO take that even further.  I figure I can still RvR while they thing about adding more atmosphere though.  The combat is alot of fun for me.

• Brabbit1987Brabbit1987 Member UncommonPosts: 782

It's silly why anyone would think no one likes a game.

A better question would be, is there enough people whom like the game. My guess is yes, at least for the first year. I personally believe the game will go F2P with in a year or 2, but that really shouldn't surprise anyone.

To me the game is good. It doesn't meet my expectations of an Elder Scrolls game, but as an mmo it's probably one of the better ones around.

I still will not being buying it though, because im not looking for a typical mmo. I am looking for something well beyond that. EQN .. might be that MMO .. it all depends.

• RorhcRorhc Member UncommonPosts: 115
    It's ok.

This could end up being very interesting.

• TelondarielTelondariel Member Posts: 1,001
    Originally posted by Bannuk
    Originally posted by Righteous_Rock
    It's funny when people are so confused. Did you know that people are hired to come to Web pages like this and hype up games? You played it and your scratching your head because you blatantly can tell the game is horrible yet people are talking like it's great. Well you can stop scratching, those folks are paid to come onto forums and hype the game up. Just keep your money and in a few months to a year you can play it for free.

So, what you're saying is you are on NCSoft or Carbine's payroll to come to sites such as this to trash and troll the competition.  Got it.

He has a very busy and dedicated post history.  Employment or not, he is very focused on repetition.

• R.LimaR.Lima Member UncommonPosts: 135

I HATEZ TEH ESO!!1!one

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

I´ll keep it short:

After 2 intense Beta weekends in TESO & Wildstar....

I preordered TESO.

Originally posted by Itherael

I HATEZ TEH ESO!!1!one

LOL!!!

• yaminsuxyaminsux Member UncommonPosts: 973
    I hated eso so much that I pre ordered one out of spite.

Yeah...
  • GavendaGavenda Member Posts: 24

I played the beta weekend, but really got bogged down by the  forced island tutorial, I kinda like to just jump in and  well....play.  An element that is actually a deal breaker  for me is no housing at launch and none  in the future.  I got the word from the staff a couple days ago.  For me, an MMO needs to be immersive and even practical, and housing  really helps make it that way. 

I did like the graphics , although it is a tad colorless.  Crafting was  interesting in that it was different then  the usual.  My biggest peeve ingame was having to come up with 1k gold for bank slots.  That is really cheap development and costs a lot of time just doing meaningless killing and collecting to get it.<yawn>

Someday, when it is ftp and much cheaper to buy, I may consider it because my son is going to play.  But... prolly not in reality.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by laserit

Na......

Of coarse no one actually likes the game. We just make believe we do.

I'm so far in denial that I pre-ordered it.

That's how much I'm make believing.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

Originally posted by Gavenda Someday, when it is ftp and much cheaper to buy, I may consider it because my son is going to play.  But... prolly not in reality.

LoL...yeah....someday

• charlie_kellycharlie_kelly Member Posts: 16

I hate this game with a passion.....

Which is why I pre-ordered, will be playing all weekend, and poop-socking from March 31 for a solid week after release.

• LisaFlexy22LisaFlexy22 Member UncommonPosts: 450
    It never ceases to amaze me how self absorbed some people can be.  I had a friend in high school like that too - he just couldn't seem to fathom that some people might have different likes or dislikes than himself.  Similar to the OP, if it was something he didn't care for he always assumed the entire world must not like it either - and if they did there was something wrong with them.  Kind of a combination of arrogance, self absorption and narcissism I suppose.
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by LisaFlexy22
    It never ceases to amaze me how self absorbed some people can be.  I had a friend in high school like that too - he just couldn't seem to fathom that some people might have different likes or dislikes than himself.  Similar to the OP, if it was something he didn't care for he always assumed the entire world must not like it either - and if they did there was something wrong with them.  Kind of a combination of arrogance, self absorption and narcissism I suppose.

Sadly it seems almost standard practice online.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• handlewithcarehandlewithcare Member Posts: 322

yes I just like to through away 100$.

the game is good enough to play for a long time and its better than other mmos cause you don't just kill 5 rats and it feels open world with random missions.

if you don't like it go and buy defience`s new expantion or FFXIV now there is money well spent.

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585

I'm not in love with it. it's ok. it has potential. I like it enough to have pre-ordered it. but if it will hold me long enough to sub is still unknown to me.

• TownfoolTownfool Member UncommonPosts: 15

Yes they do.....

Hope this helps you answer your question.

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    I hate it so much I already bought it!