Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Client Performance / Frames

NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Wondering what everyone is getting frame wise in the alpha. (i'm not currently in the alpha)
Would Be cool to hear from anyone running Multimonitor systems too.

Thanks!

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

Comments

• KnyttaKnytta Member UncommonPosts: 414
    Me and my wife are both in the Alpha we have good but not extreme computers and better than standard Router and Cable modem. We get FPS around 40 - 60 on medium graphic settings (and Ultra is REALLY Ultra settings) that can drop considerably when you come into heavy forested areas with lots of buildings, ping around 100 (upstate NY).  It is not properly maximized yet but it has improved since launch of Alpha.

Chi puo dir com'egli arde é in picciol fuoco.

He who can describe the flame does not burn.

Petrarch

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

30-40 on ultra. You need an up to date rig atm for things to play smooth.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    40 to 50 on high. Single monitor though

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739
    I get around 40ish-60ish fps on ultra, with everything maxed, (GTX 680 4GB, i5-3570K, 16gb ram, windows 8, SSD drive) but my ping seems bad, it is like 140ish (Columbus, OH in the U.S.).  I can tell though that they have a good amount of work to do on optimizing it, things seem to jump around a little too much fps wise.
  • AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    I'm getting 30-40fps on medium-ish settings and forcing graphics through my HD6790. That said I get "CPU spikes" due to my having a 3.16gHz dual core CPU. This is due to voxel calculations and the halo system of voxel bulking. At times both cores go 100% and GPU goes to 0 waiting for info lol. There are times that the game stalls for seconds but it doesn't bother me much, I need to upgrade past my 775 socket platform circa '08 ;)

The min specs of a 2.8gHz+ quad core are no joke. They wil optimize of course but right now there are no mobs, water or added biomes. Not to mention the added structures due to attached claims.

The good news is upgrading isn't too expensive considering. A new Asus mobo, FX-6300 CPU and 8g of G. Skill is about 317.00. Should hold me a few years until I can build another full rig.
  • psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640

Rofl way too early for this conversation.

Game is in no way shape or form optimized for any video cards.

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    Originally posted by psiic

Rofl way too early for this conversation.

Game is in no way shape or form optimized for any video cards.

While that may be true to a certain extent, they have already released optimizations including Intel chipsets for laptops, it's still a conversation worth having for people considering buying into alpha/beta.  With Landmark the CPU discussion is almost more important than GPU anyhow.

• RolleZRolleZ Member UncommonPosts: 42
    Yeah, the game tanks pretty hard in the performance, as usual with Sony games.
  • NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by psiic
    Rofl way too early for this conversation.Game is in no way shape or form optimized for any video cards.

I'm not asking for Finalized results, I'm asking for results as they are now to satisfy my own curiosity and gauge what fps i would expect.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development