Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WildStar: Launch Slated for June 3rd, Preorder Date Announced

2»

Comments

• dirtyd77dirtyd77 Member UncommonPosts: 383
    Originally posted by Limit
    Originally posted by dirtyd77
    $60 and $15 a month? get out of here. Even if the game is good, there are still really good games out there with better value for money.

Please tell me what games you are referencing?  I prefer the sub model b/c it is the best value in my eyes. A set cost that has all content included and you are not forced to by more.  

With freemium/f2p games I can only think people would spend more than on a traditional sub model ... that is just an assumption as I have nothing to back it up..... but seeing how people impulse buy I am sure it carries over into the gaming world.

I play GW2 and LoL. GW2 is a huge game, extremely good and insane value for money with no monthly fee.

I agree GW2 was a very well done B2P game .. but let me ask you this?  Have you bought anything from the Gem Store? You may not spend the equivalent of $15/mo.  I only played the game for a couple of months at launch.. so I don't know how the Gem Store has turned out.  Is there content that is locked behind there that you pay to get to? 

I only ask b/c the sub model at $0.50 / day is in my eyes hard to beat.  The gaming companies that go f2p are in it to make more money so you can rest assured they are going to have it set up to make more than they could off of the sub model.

• AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915

I WANT MY VERY OWN ROCKET HOUSE!

WHY?

I DON'T KNOW I JUST DO.

• CazNeergCazNeerg Member Posts: 2,198
    I'm confused.  AAA titles have physical Collector's Editions.  People keep saying Wildstar is AAA, so where is the physical Collector's Edition?

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

• GardavsshadeGardavsshade Member UncommonPosts: 907
    Originally posted by CazNeerg
    I'm confused.  AAA titles have physical Collector's Editions.  People keep saying Wildstar is AAA, so where is the physical Collector's Edition?

Fancy collector's edition supposedly only being sold in the EU, not in US. (that's all I know about the CE right now.)

• Mange1Mange1 Member UncommonPosts: 266
    I'm going to get the upgraded edition, I love the eldan themed things in game.
  • SperowsSperows Member Posts: 11

CE for me as soon as available ;) Speaking about cost - nothing special, have spent a lot more on WoW expansions and did not regret it at all, as time spent playing was fun and brought a lot of good memories and in the long run it doesn't matter if its £30 or £100 ;) 

+Everyone has a choice to buy or not to buy, cya in WS! :)

• RyvellaRyvella Member UncommonPosts: 21
    Their twitter posts say there is no CE. This is it, EU will have the option to buy the physical deluxe edition but it doesn't come with anything extra.
  • JynxxJynxx Member Posts: 21

Pre-order now and you get a "free" max level character with appropriate level gear!!!

ok ok..just kidding.  :-)

• JDogg126JDogg126 Member UncommonPosts: 44
    Originally posted by iftachby
    $60 and $15 a month? get out of here. Even if the game is good, there are still really good games out there with better value for money.

I don't understand the new trend to bash p2p games. It has long been discussed that a good p2p mmorpg is one of the cheapest forms of entertainment in the long term. I guess people are spoiled by f2p nowadays?

Mostly people are short sighted.  They think that a free to play game is really free but that's untrue completely.  If everyone chose to play those games for free then those game services would quickly go out of business.  No.  The truth is that those games are only free if they are subsidized by the people who are able and willing to pay.  The ugly ugly truth is that the people who want F2P games because they have no intent to pay for them bash P2P games because they know that they need the people who are able and willing to pay for games to play their F2P games instead of the P2P games.  For the F2P gamer, P2P sort of represents a threat to their way of gaming.

• Jagwar_FangJagwar_Fang Member UncommonPosts: 264
    Originally posted by Jynxx

Pre-order now and you get a "free" max level character with appropriate level gear!!!

ok ok..just kidding.  :-)

You jest, but with the instant gratification crowd, that might be a selling point.

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679
    Originally posted by gmn312
    how long do you guys think untill this game b2p or f2p ?

Until the real wow expansion comes out, December time.

Flame on!

• rodney1415rodney1415 Member UncommonPosts: 13
    Originally posted by JudgeUK
    Originally posted by gmn312
    how long do you guys think untill this game b2p or f2p ?

Until the real wow expansion comes out, December time.

Flame on!

I think it will take some time to get b2p or f2p.. Cause i think it will do pretty good in the p2p market :)

• NatjurNatjur Member UncommonPosts: 125

Wait... Pre-order and I DON'T get to play any race in any faction.... I thought that was the normal these days :)

And Digital Deluxe version of WildStar does not include the playable race Eldan. I thought Deluxe versions came with extra races theses days......

As for the FTP vs PTP.... There are a lot of FTP games at the moment which are having issues getting money and also enough players who hate FTP and their cash shops to keep good PTP game going.

The question is, is it good enougth and only time will tell. I personelly don't think ESO or Wildstar will go FTP (but Wildstar does have a kind of FTP option if your a gold farmer)

• WarriorrWarriorr Member UncommonPosts: 9

Funny how people complain about $60 price point, but when WoW is asking $50 for expansion pack for a game that they already had to buy previous versions and have to pay monthly fees it suddenly is not a bad price for new content. (and as far as I know, it doesn't even include 30d extra gametime).

And surely you can find deals that are cheaper than buying it straight from official pages.

• inmysightsinmysights Member UncommonPosts: 441
    THANK GOD!!! I cannot wait to get in and start playing this game and all it has to offer!!!!

I am so good, I backstabbed your face!

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549

I played beta. I'll pass....... not worth the sub rate. Not sure it's worth the box rate either. lol

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• quon2k9quon2k9 Member UncommonPosts: 23
    Played in the Beta, LOVED it & will be pre-ordering. To those concerned about the sub rate, meh, I began playing when sub rates were the norm & I usually had multiple accounts anyway. $15/month is basically nothing, & worth it for almost unlimited entertainment for 30 days. $15 is too much??? That's not even 2 movie tickets these days. I'm in. 
  • eckspoeckspo Member Posts: 2
    The people who say I played a beta weekend , didnt like it because it was buggy, graphic, or w/e need to remember Its beta. In this last patch so much was improved. I