Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

irritated with ncsoft GW2

handlewithcarehandlewithcare Member Posts: 322

I want to load gw2 again and if you want to retrieve your account you must put in your e-mail,

serial number and character you play.

how the hell must I remember the character name I played with 6 months ago.

I log into my account but I cant log into the game client.

then they say change your password I do it and nothing happens.

and these face holes ban you for any thing negative you say about them.

Comments

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    Originally posted by handlewithcare

I want to load gw2 again and if you want to retrieve your account you must put in your e-mail,

Don't worry by tomorrow you will have forgotten you were ever pissed.

Anyway if you send them the email and serial saying you don't remember the character name, you should be fine.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• WaidenWaiden Member UncommonPosts: 500

Yep .. this is the way god or other higher powers telling you: ''This game sucks, why would you want to return?'' :D

• handlewithcarehandlewithcare Member Posts: 322

after an hour of battle with ncsoft I changed my password.

the only reason I started playing again is someone said the battle for lions arch is great.

I never could reach top level got a bug at level 50 and created to many characters,game was o.k

ESO is the best at the moment.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

the only reason I started playing again is someone said the battle for lions arch is great.

I never could reach top level got a bug at level 50 and created to many characters,game was o.k

I am on GW2 every day and I tell you it's just another generic garbage event for loot.

If this is the only reason you want to come back for then you are wasting your time.

Harbinger of Fools
  • grndzrogrndzro Member UncommonPosts: 1,162

I am at this same exact stage in dealing with Anet.

I'v written the game off.

• An4thorAn4thor Member Posts: 524
    Originally posted by Dakeru

I am on GW2 every day and I tell you it's just another generic garbage event for loot.

If this is the only reason you want to come back for then you are wasting your time.

Perhaps you should invest your energy in finding a game you like instead of trolling in every GW2 thread.

• NaqajNaqaj Member UncommonPosts: 1,673
    Originally posted by Killing91

Perhaps you should invest your energy in finding a game you like instead of trolling in every GW2 thread.

That probably is his new game.

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053
    Originally posted by Naqaj

That probably is his new game.

trolling the forums is his new game?

could probably say that for the majority of the folks on this site

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873

Umm he is right though and only because someone hates these events doesn't mean he hates the entire game.

Unless in your opinion these events is all what GW2 has to offer but then even you know you are wrong. I know many PVP players who absolutely despise these generic events and yet log in every day just to PVP. Just one example.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• eGumballeGumball Member Posts: 151

''game was o.k. ESO is the best at the moment.''

This was the point his whole thread, I doubt he even owns Guild Wars 2, lol, bug preventing him from leveling after 50, what?! Such kind of threads gets opened here with every major release, proving over and over that Gw2 is the bar that everyone wants to break.

• Elevenb4Elevenb4 Member UncommonPosts: 362
    This is actually the reason my wife and I never went back. We hadn't played for like a year, then decided to play again because we had fun during that time. But same thing, going through hell with NC soft trying to get our passwords and chracter names killed it. We never did get in. So we just gave up. Talk about a company shooting itself in the foot when it comes to trying to get players to return to try stuff out. 

-Unconstitutional laws aren't laws.-

• An4thorAn4thor Member Posts: 524
    Originally posted by Doogiehowser

Umm he is right though and only because someone hates these events doesn't mean he hates the entire game.

Unless in your opinion these events is all what GW2 has to offer but then even you know you are wrong. I know many PVP players who absolutely despise these generic events and yet log in every day just to PVP. Just one example.

While he had some sort of truth in his other posts (together with hate); in this post he hated on the game just because. If this was a "What's your opinion about gw2 living story" thread i could understand; but this thread has nothing to do with it, and knowing his other answers in other gw2 threads i realized it's a troll.

Originally posted by Elevenb4
    This is actually the reason my wife and I never went back. We hadn't played for like a year, then decided to play again because we had fun during that time. But same thing, going through hell with NC soft trying to get our passwords and chracter names killed it. We never did get in. So we just gave up. Talk about a company shooting itself in the foot when it comes to trying to get players to return to try stuff out. 

I'm very happy they don't hand out account informations so easily. What exactly did you expect? Asking for basic information to avoid giving an account to a complete stranger it's how it works with all decent companies.

You don't remember a single name of any of your characters? I know that memory can be bad after a year; but really, i remember my first character created 5 years ago in another game, and my memory is not that great either.

If you expected just a secret question like "What was the name of your primary school" and then have everything handed out to you, then i would be worried about how they handle my account security.

Next time write down every important informations, and please don't keep it in a word document called "Passwords".

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

I check the thread again and find that I am being trash-talked - how amusing.

He said GW2 wasn't his game but he wants to come back because the new event is so great.

Ok so who of you guys would invite someone who doesn't like GW2 because you feel the current event is so fantastic?

I measure GW2 by a much higher standard than I do with other mmos because this is my #1 game.

If you feel that generic massive slaughter events are the way anet should go then by all means encourage them to keep it up.

My subjective opinion on this is that I  want something that challenges me like the the arena fight of the marionette rather than shooting aoe skills in a blob where I am 1 out of 100.

Harbinger of Fools
  • Elevenb4Elevenb4 Member UncommonPosts: 362
    Originally posted by Doogiehowser

While he had some sort of truth in his other posts (together with hate); in this post he hated on the game just because. If this was a "What's your opinion about gw2 living story" thread i could understand; but this thread has nothing to do with it, and knowing his other answers in other gw2 threads i realized it's a troll.

Originally posted by Elevenb4

I'm very happy they don't hand out account informations so easily. What exactly did you expect? Asking for basic information to avoid giving an account to a complete stranger it's how it works with all decent companies.

You don't remember a single name of any of your characters? I know that memory can be bad after a year; but really, i remember my first character created 5 years ago in another game, and my memory is not that great either.

If you expected just a secret question like "What was the name of your primary school" and then have everything handed out to you, then i would be worried about how they handle my account security.

Next time write down every important informations, and please don't keep it in a word document called "Passwords".

I couldn't agree more, I'm glad they don't just hand stuff out. But, what you dont' realize is that if you dont' log on for a certain number of months, they still require you to reset you password even if you know it. This is what they told me when I called customer service. But even after a few hours over 3 or 4 days of trying to get back on, the hold up was always that we didn't know the names of our toons, and even if we did, we weren't spelling the names right. That was a little rediculous. 

-Unconstitutional laws aren't laws.-

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Problem it is human nature that when a developer pisses you off,you feel the need to vent.I mean seriously when someone pisses you off are you suppose to be happy?

Gaming should NEVER feel like you are dealing with lawyers in a court of law,we want to game and just have some fun but sometimes developers can really operate their business in a hateful way.

Really there should be a VERY simple operation but devs are too cheap and lazy to deal with it.When you want to reactivate an account they should simply call you back on the phone number supplied and confirm the status of the account.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Yeah, the character name thing is annoying but account security is something actually worth it. Anyone who got a hijacked character in any game can tell you that.

I think that setting up the account can be even more annoying if you ever used the email on any other NC soft  game earlier. On the other hand once you got the account stuff fixed the game is solid.

As for comparing with ESO, I have no opinion on that since I decided to wait until release with ESO.

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

I am pretty sure that his remark is only about the event in this case, if he is every day in GW2 like he says. Because this would imply that he thinks the event sucks, but he likes the game. (which is obviously a whole lot more then this event)

And I agree with him. Mass zergs in GW2 are boring as hell. A silly AOE bonanza that makes your contribution as insignificant as possible. GW2 events excell imo when fewer people participate at once.

• BeelzebobbieBeelzebobbie Member UncommonPosts: 430
    Originally posted by Loke666

Yeah, the character name thing is annoying but account security is something actually worth it. Anyone who got a hijacked character in any game can tell you that.

I think that setting up the account can be even more annoying if you ever used the email on any other NC soft  game earlier. On the other hand once you got the account stuff fixed the game is solid.

As for comparing with ESO, I have no opinion on that since I decided to wait until release with ESO.

I agree, while I played Wow I got hi-jacked three times and it's the most annoying thing in the world. Waiting for some mail a few days to get your acount back and when you finally get it back then you have to get all your stuff back cause everything is stolen and sold.

Dudes just right done the things you need on a piece of paper, I do this with all my games so I can go back to them without all the problems.

And I also agree that compairing this game with ESO is gonna be difficult, a year after ESO has been released then you can say if the game is as good as the hype, now it's just a beta.

• VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817

I check the thread again and find that I am being trash-talked - how amusing.

He said GW2 wasn't his game but he wants to come back because the new event is so great.

Ok so who of you guys would invite someone who doesn't like GW2 because you feel the current event is so fantastic?

I measure GW2 by a much higher standard than I do with other mmos because this is my #1 game.

If you feel that generic massive slaughter events are the way anet should go then by all means encourage them to keep it up.

My subjective opinion on this is that I  want something that challenges me like the the arena fight of the marionette rather than shooting aoe skills in a blob where I am 1 out of 100.

I gotta agree with Dakeru here, the mindless open world zerg events suck. I get the zerg is gonna happen in WvW but why is it so encouraged in open world events, i get the impression that is the extent of there designers.

As for the security... OP you clearly have never had one of your game accounts hacked. cause if you did you would be praising Anet/NCsoft for putting in place this stringent security checks.

I know i went back to play WoW when Lich King came out, it was well over a year since i had played it last, my account was banned, after a lengthy process it was found to have been in use in china, Blizz gave me back my acct but it was not even close to the same.

Be glad that there is this hardline security, because when you do want to play GW2, your account will be yours... not some trashed account some hacker asshat ruined.

Lolipops !

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066

I'm not sure if a "zerg" where you need to organize people and evenly split in 3 groups is a mindless zerg.

Getting organization out of an unruly mob with 150+ players, where a lot of people don't even understand that they can't do damage without the buff isn't easy.

Also it is quite frequent to see 75% of the players being unable to dodge and being pulled by the Assault knight - the way Anet had to keep tweaking this event show it. And getting the 6 minutes achievement is a dream.

The hologram phase of the event is decent as well, especially if you trying to do the achievements.

Although again it is frustrating that saying in chat "stop killing the red, we want kill them at the same time" doesn't work and one needs to individually whisper to get people to stop shooting at them.

These so called "zerg" events are getting more and more mechanics and becoming more interesting.

The downside of this event is that it is too long for what it is.

The Marionette event was indeed better.

Also, I guess if these events were under a time gate and you could only do them once a week instead of every hour less players would say they were boring.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967

The Zerg Battle For Green and Yellow Loot.

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯