Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The endgame....

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

So what is to be expected from the endgame?

-PvP in cyrodill

-Adventure zones

thats it? 

- I hope not, i personally hope they will also keep adding new story based solo oriented zones like we played from level 1 to veteran level 10

- and a max level version of the world, so the lower level content that got skipped will still be challenging for people that are completionists or go on a shardhunt.

- and maybe an adventure zone with PvP enabled

Next to that i am hoping for an ever raising veteran level, with new gear, new skillpoints, new skills and new skilltrees,   

With the recently released info on adventure zones, i could not stop thinking, there must be more...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• CaskioCaskio Member UncommonPosts: 339
    More vertical progression?  Isn't everyone clamoring for more things to do rather more of this vertical progression for gear and skills?

"If you're going to act like a noob, I'll treat you like one." -Caskio

Adventurers wear fancy pants!!!

• paul43paul43 Member UncommonPosts: 198

To me it's not that important with new veteran levels, and I hope they never add real extra levels like WoW and Lotro. As long as there is new gear progression, new crafting, new dungeons, new questing zones added then I'm fine. 

I don't mind paying for some content either, like if they can push out a extra dungeon I would be fine to pay 5$ for it, as long as they still push out my 15$ worth each month.

GW2 is pushing what's pussbile to release for free, and for 15$ a month I expect more than what Gw2 is doing.

• artemisentr4artemisentr4 Member UncommonPosts: 1,431

I would be ok with more Adventure zones, new veteran dungeons, skill lines (guild) and expansions bringing in new questing areas.

I am sure they will continue to add to Cyrodiil as well like the Darkness falls type of dungeon, opening the city and so forth.

“How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder, without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better, and not the world about them?”
    R.A.Salvatore

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Caskio
    More vertical progression?  Isn't everyone clamoring for more things to do rather more of this vertical progression for gear and skills?

Well, personally it what makes me play MMOs .. Vertical progression

From GW2 i learned that having no progression kills my fun in a game

From WoW i learned that just gearprogression is not enough to keep me playing

In most other games, i learned that as long as i keep getting new skills and new gear and there is interesting diverse new content, i am having fun.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• ReticulataReticulata Member UncommonPosts: 98
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

With the recently released info on adventure zones, i could not stop thinking, there must be more...

Link please???

SOE changes name to Daybreak games, cause dey break games.
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Lol, by the time I get to "endgame", the first expansion will probably be on pre-order !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Allacore69Allacore69 Member Posts: 839

So what is to be expected from the endgame?-PvP in cyrodill-Adventure zones thats it?  - I hope not, i personally hope they will also keep adding new story based solo oriented zones like we played from level 1 to veteran level 10- and a max level version of the world, so the lower level content that got skipped will still be challenging for people that are completionists or go on a shardhunt.- and maybe an adventure zone with PvP enabled  Next to that i am hoping for an ever raising veteran level, with new gear, new skillpoints, new skills and new skilltrees,    With the recently released info on adventure zones, i could not stop thinking, there must be more...

Look. All I know is it better be better than SWTOR or DCUO endgame.

Originally posted by Allacore69

So what is to be expected from the endgame?

-PvP in cyrodill

-Adventure zones

thats it? 

- I hope not, i personally hope they will also keep adding new story based solo oriented zones like we played from level 1 to veteran level 10

- and a max level version of the world, so the lower level content that got skipped will still be challenging for people that are completionists or go on a shardhunt.

- and maybe an adventure zone with PvP enabled

Next to that i am hoping for an ever raising veteran level, with new gear, new skillpoints, new skills and new skilltrees,   

Well, that shouldnt be that hard to archieve..

• RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    So there is uncertainty with respect to the endgame and the starter game is so horrid we are allowed to skip it. Hey let's hear it for the middle game woot yeah middle game baby, can't wait till I'm half leveled going to be EPIC - can't wait to brag up the middle game
    Originally posted by Rockniss
    So there is uncertainty with respect to the endgame and the starter game is so horrid we are allowed to skip it. Hey let's hear it for the middle game woot yeah middle game baby, can't wait till I'm half leveled going to be EPIC - can't wait to brag up the middle game

The starter game is far from horrid, it has a great storry to tell.. Yet combat is still a little slow ( like in any low level MMO) which allows people to get accustomed to it

The majorrity of people that disliked the starter areas where just not matterial for the PvE in this game..

• KnotwoodKnotwood Member CommonPosts: 1,103
    Originally posted by SpottyGekko
    Lol, by the time I get to "endgame", the first expansion will probably be on pre-order !

+1  on this!

• obake90obake90 Member Posts: 60

I would say stop thinking ahead and just enjoy the ride. =)

expansions will be added for end game most likely.

• Allacore69Allacore69 Member Posts: 839

Originally posted by Allacore69   Originally posted by Lord.Bachus So what is to be expected from the endgame?   -PvP in cyrodill -Adventure zones   thats it?    - I hope not, i personally hope they will also keep adding new story based solo oriented zones like we played from level 1 to veteran level 10 - and a max level version of the world, so the lower level content that got skipped will still be challenging for people that are completionists or go on a shardhunt. - and maybe an adventure zone with PvP enabled     Next to that i am hoping for an ever raising veteran level, with new gear, new skillpoints, new skills and new skilltrees,      With the recently released info on adventure zones, i could not stop thinking, there must be more...
    Well, that shouldnt be that hard to archieve..

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

+1

• jazz.bejazz.be Member UncommonPosts: 962

I try not to worry to much about that yet. Having competent people making new content and be able to adapt their ideas where and when needed is more important than a clear predefined end game ideas. At least to me it is. 

Looking forward to great starter and mid gameplay to begin with.

Really, I don't care at all yet about end game. I focus myself on the first 2-3 months. After that is pure bonus. Who knows, they may do the right thing to keep it interesting. It doesn't matter what it is, PVE, PVP, raids, a little bit of everything etc. As long as it's done well.

• deakondeakon Member Posts: 583

You have the 50+ and 50++ content in the other faction zones as a solo end game, thats a lot of content, and it drops veteran rank gear and gives veteran rank xp same as AvA and Adventure Zones. I'm also sure they will add new areas too as there is a lot of Tamriel not included at launch

You also have the veteran rank dungeons, which aren't just harder versions they have completely different mobs, bosses and story lines. There are 6 (out of 16 normal ones) for launch but they will be adding more over time

• SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    Originally posted by obake90

It's this kind of thinking that gets games like GW2 out the developmental stage and into the hands of millions of soon-to-be very disappointed gamers. To tell someone to stop thinking ahead is some of the worst advice you can give.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706

Master level dungeons? World bosses?

I think there is a max lvl raid or two also.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by Sephiroso
    Originally posted by obake90

It's this kind of thinking that gets games like GW2 out the developmental stage and into the hands of millions of soon-to-be very disappointed gamers. To tell someone to stop thinking ahead is some of the worst advice you can give.

Funny enough, there's stil quite a lot of people who are enjoying GW2 right now. Inspite this site claiming loud & often that the game has failed. And repeatedly failed, aparently, every week for the past year.

What I can say, with certainty, is for people who are incapable of just enjoying playing a game; You WILL get bored. It doesn't matter what game you're playing, if all you care about is vertical progression, you WILL get bored.  There's a reason this mentallty has been dubbed 'locusts', they consume content as fast as humanly possible, and then complain when nothing's left.

It's been at least a decade now since developers have realized this problem. It's basic math;  there's a limited amount of content developers can provide, and we're very close to that threshold currently. TESO is one of the most expensive MMOs ever made (not including expansions), and people are already whining about whether there will be enough 'endgame'.

This mentality gets reinforced as we expect more and more games to basically function as interactive movies. Which is fine for single-player games, but completely ignores all the strengths MMOs have, while reinforcing their weaknesses.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    As long as they don't do a reborn expansion I'll be fine as that's a cheap way to not really add anything other than to level your character again.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585

can we stop the "endgame" discussions? just play the game til' you don't want to anymore.

• RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    Originally posted by muffins89

can we stop the "endgame" discussions? just play the game til' you don't want to anymore.

Hmm that means I'm done already.
  • HengistHengist Member RarePosts: 1,282

How about some non-combat related things to help keep the game fresh for people who enjoy the social experience?

To me, this is a place where I see housing brought up often. Something for people to do while playing the game that is not active, not combat related. Adding or decorating something while sitting in /chat, and talking to guild mates.

I know many folks play simply for the combat, or they have to be doing something, but housing has always been a big draw for many people for just that reason.

Originally posted by Knotwood

Originally posted by SpottyGekko

+1  on this!

There will not be oldfashioned expansions, according to the developers they will keep pushing new content when its ready for free in a managable size to the subscribers...  The first new zones to be added after release are allready being designed as we speak

Originally posted by deakon

You have the 50+ and 50++ content in the other faction zones as a solo end game, thats a lot of content, and it drops veteran rank gear and gives veteran rank xp same as AvA and Adventure Zones. I'm also sure they will add new areas too as there is a lot of Tamriel not included at launch

You also have the veteran rank dungeons, which aren't just harder versions they have completely different mobs, bosses and story lines. There are 6 (out of 16 normal ones) for launch but they will be adding more over time

Do the math, every alliance has 5 zones..   And there are 10 veteran levels in total...

Originally posted by jusomdude

Master level dungeons? World bosses?

I think there is a max lvl raid or two also.

The raids will be part of the adventure zones, from which the first one should be able to make the release, adventure zones are group combat, and have some dungeons from which some are multi group and some trials ( open world raid events?)

Originally posted by Baikal

How about some non-combat related things to help keep the game fresh for people who enjoy the social experience?

To me, this is a place where I see housing brought up often. Something for people to do while playing the game that is not active, not combat related. Adding or decorating something while sitting in /chat, and talking to guild mates.

I know many folks play simply for the combat, or they have to be doing something, but housing has always been a big draw for many people for just that reason.

Non combat related content is fine as longas it feels like an immersive part of the gaming world. Nothing like the stuff GW2 throw at us... With their minigames and other fancy stuff like mini puzzles..... It just distracts from the gameworld and turns the immersive lorebased world intoo a kindergarten playground..

• SatariousSatarious Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    PvP in Cyrodiil is more than enough for me when it comes to endgame.  I hope they continually throw resources at this part of the game.  There's so much more they can do to make RvR more engaging and fun.