Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt: Delayed to February 2015

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

CD ProjektRED has published an open letter to fans of the Witcher series to let them know that the final game in the trilogy, Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, will be delayed until February 2015. The letter indicates that the team felt that the few extra months will allow them to "achieve the quality that will satisfy" them.

Ever since we started working on the third installment in The Witcher franchise, it has been our aim to produce a title that would take our 11 years of experience in creating RPGS and distill them into a quintessence, into a game that would effectively crown those years. At the same time, we have wanted The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt to expand creative boundaries, set new benchmarks, develop the genre as a whole. Ultimately, you, the players, must get an unforgettable adventure to experience in a vast, open world – and that’s most important. We’ve created a story that flows naturally, cinematically, rendered it in amazing sound and visuals, while preserving full freedom of choice – all for you. We knew this to be an ambitious plan, but believed we could achieve it by bringing together our team with its creative energies and current gaming platforms with their technical capabilities. A project this vast and complex would inevitably require special care in its final stages, manual fine-tuning of many details, thorough testing time and again.

We recently reexamined what we had achieved thus far, and faced a choice about the game’s final release date. The decision we made was difficult, thoroughly considered, and ultimately clear and obvious. We could have released the game towards the end of this year as we had initially planned. Yet we concluded that a few additional months will let us achieve the quality that will satisfy us, the quality gamers expect from us. Consequently, we have set the release of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt for February 2015.

Dear gamers - we know many of you would have liked to play The Witcher 3 sooner, as soon as possible, even. We’re sorry to make you wait longer than you, or we, initially assumed you would. At the same time, we believe the game will prove to be worth the wait and meet the expectations you have of us. We believe The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will be an exceptional RPG, one of the best, providing many hours of wonderful entertainment.

Dear shareholders – we are aware of the responsibility that rests with us and thank you for the trust you have granted us thus far. We firmly believe that quality – more than any other factor – determines a game’s success, and that the decision we have made is thus equally valid in business terms.

The Board of CD PROJEKT S.A

Find out more about The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.

)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• RavrakSmithRavrakSmith Member UncommonPosts: 19
    One of the best companies in the world.Period.
  • WelshyJTWelshyJT Member UncommonPosts: 28

More than willing to wait.

perfection please, ty

• Alber_gamerAlber_gamer Member UncommonPosts: 588
    Sad news, but I think they can make it worth the wait. There are other great games that will come out this year to keep busy until then.

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.

• EndoRobotoEndoRoboto Member Posts: 275
    Other companies should be taking notes.
  • ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198

Can't wait for this game but it is good they are pushing it back. SPRPGs don't need to be rushed and never should be.

• eric_w66eric_w66 Member UncommonPosts: 1,006

Gah, if they are pushing this back, that means Cyberpunk 2077 will actually come out in 2077....

Guess I mistook that 2077 as taking place in a dystopian future, not a dystopian "present" when the game is released ;).

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010
    In the end it's only an extra 2 months.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395
    Originally posted by justmemyselfandi
    Delays suck. This and Fallout 4 are the only games I'm actually anticipating. Dragon Age III is a possibility, but I've pretty much written it off after what I've seen from EAware after SWTOR, Mass Effect 3, and Dragon Age 2. The quality just isn't there anymore.

With you 100%.

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Smart move with the new console generation just out.  This should give them some extra time to really make it shine there.

You make me like charity

• QuicksandQuicksand Member UncommonPosts: 683
    I am crying now...

www.90and9.net
    www.prophecymma.com

• Well, I have been asking about the release date for months now, I guess this brings my hunt to a close. Feb 2015 sounds good to me. Like someone else said - The repercussions of small delays are nothing compared to those of a buggy game.
  • JinxysJinxys Member UncommonPosts: 488
    Good call!
  • ThaddeusPLThaddeusPL Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Please don't be so upset. I will wait some months to finish last part of Witcher. EAware don't  wait an we get horrible ME3. So time is for our best.
  • Rastan1Rastan1 Member UncommonPosts: 74
    Thank you for doing the right thing and taking your time to release a quality game. So many games are trying to release unpolished poorly thought out games to meet demands for money and get that initial cashgrab and satisfy the shareholders who are ultimately one of the victims of this rush. I'm glad to see the rare game that says "Hey, we aren't ready and we want to make a good game!"  I'm looking forward to this title and just this has earned you a little more loyalty from me.  Kudos to you and I hope more games with "potential" follow your example and don't do like so many over the last 10 years and just stay at potential forever.