Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Release and pre-order date revealed.

AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550
Official site.

Release: 3rd of June (31st of May is head start if you pre-order)

Pre-Orders: 19th of March

Pre-order bonuses:

• Access to Beta Weekends (Open beta for all those who pre-order I assume)
  • 3 Day Head Start
  • Exclusive Rocket House
  • Exclusive Housing Trophy
  • In-Game Storage Bag

Comments

• elvigyelvigy Member CommonPosts: 249
    Interesting if true. Gives about 2 months to ESO before going head to head, by which time some users may (or may not) be looking for something else. I'm still a little on the fence about this title personally.
  • AnnekynnAnnekynn Member Posts: 1,437

I am so praying that the collectors edition comes with a plush Chua toy. Me wants. Not sure why, but me wants.

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123
    Originally posted by elvigy
    Interesting if true. Gives about 2 months to ESO before going head to head, by which time some users may (or may not) be looking for something else. I'm still a little on the fence about this title personally.

The people who will play ESO is not the same that will play WS, two different games for 2 different game communities.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Wouldn't be surprised.  They had hinted that announcements for open beta / launch would be soon, and 3 months is fairly standard notice for launch.
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130

Yet the dark shadow that is WoD is still cast over top of it. 

So I saw yesterday that the WoD pre-purchase has shown up in my Battle.net account. The ship date is listed as "Before 12/20/2014" Lol. 

I think that WoW has done similar shenanigans in the past (specifically with SWTOR, I think? Maybe Rift?) Either way. Do you think that the vagueness of the WoD ship date is intentionally vague to cast a shadow on Wildstar? Will that date be immediately pushed up as soon as Wildstar announces a firm date? 

Duh duhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by CrazKanuk

Yet the dark shadow that is WoD is still cast over top of it. 

So I saw yesterday that the WoD pre-purchase has shown up in my Battle.net account. The ship date is listed as "Before 12/20/2014" Lol. 

I think that WoW has done similar shenanigans in the past (specifically with SWTOR, I think? Maybe Rift?) Either way. Do you think that the vagueness of the WoD ship date is intentionally vague to cast a shadow on Wildstar? Will that date be immediately pushed up as soon as Wildstar announces a firm date? 

Duh duhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

They will probably do what Wildstar is doing to ESO, and making it two months after launch, so they can grab all the game hoppers.

Looks like that preorder poster image got taken down. For those who missed it it said preorders begin on march 19th and game goes live may 31st

• CazNeergCazNeerg Member Posts: 2,198

On the flip side, it gives those who end up really liking ESO time to settle in and get comfortable to the point where they may not feel like bothering to try anything else so soon.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

• RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    Originally posted by evilastro

Originally posted by CrazKanuk
    Yet the dark shadow that is WoD is still cast over top of it.    So I saw yesterday that the WoD pre-purchase has shown up in my Battle.net account. The ship date is listed as "Before 12/20/2014" Lol.    I think that WoW has done similar shenanigans in the past (specifically with SWTOR, I think? Maybe Rift?) Either way. Do you think that the vagueness of the WoD ship date is intentionally vague to cast a shadow on Wildstar? Will that date be immediately pushed up as soon as Wildstar announces a firm date?    Duh duhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

They will probably do what Wildstar is doing to ESO, and making it two months after launch, so they can grab all the game hoppers.

It's a sign of respect by all parties if that is true. I don't expect to see the other big wigs steal any of ESO's thunder for launch either. Maybe Gw2 might try.
  • RiannesRiannes Member UncommonPosts: 98
    Originally posted by hikaru77

The people who will play ESO is not the same that will play WS, two different games for 2 different game communities.

I will play both.

They have some notable differences. but now that they are 2 mths apart. more ppl will get to play both. and then sub one.

• CazNeergCazNeerg Member Posts: 2,198
    Originally posted by Rockniss
    It's a sign of respect by all parties if that is true. I don't expect to see the other big wigs steal any of ESO's thunder for launch either. Maybe Gw2 might try.

Could be respect.  Could also be fear. ;)

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

• LongLivePvPLongLivePvP Member Posts: 102
    Hell! its about time!

Playing: Darkfall Unholy Wars & ArcheAge(Alpha)
    Backed: Shards Online, Camelot Unchained
    Loved: Vanilla WoW,UO,Shadowbane,EQ,DAoC,Asheron's Call(Darktide)

• AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

Posting from memory of the picture that was pulled down.

Pre-order bonuses:

-Head start (duh)

-The rocket space ship house (which we all knew about for ages)

-Some sort of in game bag slot

-Beta access (Open beta for all those who pre-order perhaps?)

-A pre-order trophy (housing decoration)

Updated: wanxlol from Reddit managed to re-upload the picture

Very nice. Such sexy box art

• rygard49rygard49 Member UncommonPosts: 973

God, I hate games that sell Beta access as part of pre-ordering. Of course it's NC Soft, so I shouldn't be surprised. This is their M.O.

The rest of the stuff looks cool, though. Any word on a collector's box?

• achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    Originally posted by hikaru77

The fact they are so different is why I will play both.  :)

Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    Originally posted by AzurePrower

Pre-order bonuses:

-Head start (duh)

Bag storage is a pretty nice perk since bags cannot be crafted (AFAIK), and storage space can be an issue early on.

Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • TiconzTiconz Member UncommonPosts: 120
    Originally posted by achesoma

Pre-order bonuses:

-Head start (duh)

Bag storage is a pretty nice perk since bags cannot be crafted (AFAIK), and storage space can be an issue early on.

Bags can definitely be crafted.

• TiconzTiconz Member UncommonPosts: 120
    Originally posted by rygard49

God, I hate games that sell Beta access as part of pre-ordering. Of course it's NC Soft, so I shouldn't be surprised. This is their M.O.

The rest of the stuff looks cool, though. Any word on a collector's box?

I think every game in the past 10 years have been like this?  This is nothing new.

• killion81killion81 Member UncommonPosts: 995
    Originally posted by Annekynn

I am so praying that the collectors edition comes with a plush Chua toy. Me wants. Not sure why, but me wants.

You know if it includes a plush toy, it will be a plush Rowdower toy.

Originally posted by killion81
    Originally posted by Annekynn I am so praying that the collectors edition comes with a plush Chua toy. Me wants. Not sure why, but me wants.

You know if it includes a plush toy, it will be a plush Rowdower toy.

The Chua on the front of the box. I insist dammit!

• GormogonGormogon Member UncommonPosts: 224

Anyone have experience regarding how painful it is to cancel preorders with NCSoft?  Since playing the "paid beta" seems likely the only way I'll get to try on the game before release, and I will be irked if I decide it fits and I don't have the preorder perks, I guess I will go the preorder route and try to cancel if I decide it's not going to work out.  I hate that it has come to that, but alas.

Originally posted by Gormogon
    Anyone have experience regarding how painful it is to cancel preorders with NCSoft?  Since playing the "paid beta" seems likely the only way I'll get to try on the game before release, and I will be irked if I decide it fits and I don't have the preorder perks, I guess I will go the preorder route and try to cancel if I decide it's not going to work out.  I hate that it has come to that, but alas.

Well there is supposed to be an open beta at some point before release. You certainly could wait for that to try it out without preordering anything

• StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987

• Access to Beta Weekends (Open beta for all those who pre-order I assume)
    •  

Open beta if you preorder? Please.

• azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

it only took me about 4 hours of ESO beta to start looking for something else.

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)