Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will you buy ROS and why ?

LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,960

I largely regreted my initial purchase of D3.

it was too expensive for what it offered. And much of promised features were never implemented.

But now with 2.1 patch , i find myself back in the game and largely addicted.

The expansion, is again too expensive. Random bounties and dungeons sound fun - but I am not sure its really needed to enjoy the game. You can basically do the same by just playing original game...

Are you buying again ?

And if so, why ?

Comments

• JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290
    You know the old saying.... "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me 6, 7, or even 8 times, shame on me!"
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,960
    Originally posted by Jimmydean
    You know the old saying.... "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me 6, 7, or even 8 times, shame on me!"

Exactly.

I need to control myself.

• AroukosAroukos Member Posts: 571
    ROS seems fine expansion but the price seems not. I m a big fan of Diablo series since the release of the D1 but this time i think i ll pass. I preffer to stick with f2p PoE than give 40$ to play ROS.
  • muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585

I bought it. I was really really really drunk.

Originally posted by muffins89

I bought it. I was really really really drunk.

LOL, ok

• Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234

I'm having a great time with D3 right now, the ROS clearly has an epic protagonist, I will eventually pick up ROS, but it won't be for quite a while. To much other stuff

1. Just ordered a PS4 - so I will be playing BF4 till my thumbs bleed amongst other ps4 games

-  Resogun - Infamous 2nd Son, Planetside 2 (curious to see how it does on PS4) ...

2. Might pick up ESO regardless of how critical I have been of it - not sure if for pc or ps4 - leaning ps4

3. WoD and Wildstar are on the horizon - launch dates TBD - I didn't think I was going to be interested in WoD but I am

4. Destiny comes out in Sept - That will consume a lot of my time. The Division will also be coming I think, I will be playing both

5. EQNext Landmark keeps making changes and I always keep an eye on it 

6. Various Indies may pop in here and there - I would suggest hold off this, it is the wrong year to launch considering WoD/ESO/WS/Destiny - but I am no expert, next years competition may not be any easier.

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

Blizzard has become a company that I no longer wish to support. There's an old saying "put your money where your mouth is".

I'm going to take a pass.

For those of you that are purchasing, I do hope that Blizzard gives you a product that is worth your hard earned money. 

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    sure, it is D3 expansion
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    I will buy it when it comes packed  with the orrginal D3 game in the box too, and is on sale..

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461
    40 is a bit much for an expansion imo.. The advertisements look flashy of course, but I have yet to feel like it will be worth it.. I am in a tough spot.. TESO seems to be trying to define itself in these last days, Wildstar doesn't seem to be my type of game, I have too many shooters already to even consider Titanfall.. It seems my next purchase will probably end up being TESO or ROS, either will be spontaneous and on the spot..
    Actually Dark Souls 2 is coming soon as well. And there is no question which one of them is more worth.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

Already pre-ordered. Reasons:

- 2.01 is fun. I expect more fun from RoS.

- it costs me nothing .. i have enough money made from RMAH to pay for it.

- $40 is a steal .... the price of a good steak from a upscale steakhouse.

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

originally i had no intention on getting it due to the issues it had before and no pvp.

but after playing the new patch i kind of want to get it now except i know i will be playing ESO like 5 days after this expansion goes live so idk

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by nariusseldon
    Already pre-ordered. Reasons:- 2.01 is fun. I expect more fun from RoS.- it costs me nothing .. i have enough money made from RMAH to pay for it.- $40 is a steal .... the price of a good steak from a upscale steakhouse. 

i wouldn't say $40 is a steal but it really aint shit for a month or two of entertainment IMO.

• Sunnyguy46Sunnyguy46 Member UncommonPosts: 91
    I enjoy D3. I have a job. The purchase was an easy choice. I get more playtime from D3 than I have from any non-mmo I've ever played.
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by baphamet

Originally posted by nariusseldon
    Already pre-ordered. Reasons:

- 2.01 is fun. I expect more fun from RoS.

- it costs me nothing .. i have enough money made from RMAH to pay for it.

- $40 is a steal .... the price of a good steak from a upscale steakhouse.

i wouldn't say $40 is a steal but it really aint shit for a month or two of entertainment IMO.

Well .. it depends on your perspective. A new $60 AAA shooter or action game can be done in 2-4 weeks. RoS will definitely last much much longer than that ... so in my books, it is quite a steal.

But obviously since i am getting it for free (there is really nothing else i can buy with blizz account money except hearthstone cards, and the new SC2 expansion), there is no reason not to get it.

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

For me the time I will play it more than justifies the $40.

I played D3 for around 100 or so hours when it was released and just recently started playing again. I never regretted the purchase. Any game that I can get 100+ hours out of is well worth the cost. Especially considering some SP games that are the same price and I may get 40 hours out of if I drag my feet playing them.

I dont need a game to last me for 1000s of hours to feel it worth the cost. If I get a month or two of good solid entertainment for $40 then RoS is a no brainer.

What I consider funny are the posts in the vein of - Blizzard you suck, I played D3 for 1000 hours and blah blah blah..... For me gaming is a hobby to be enjoyed, not married to and not meant to last a lifetime. I say if you enjoy playing D3 then RoS will probably be a good buy. If not then take a pass and play something you do.

Gaming is not serious business

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by Lobotomist
    Actually Dark Souls 2 is coming soon as well. And there is no question which one of them is more worth.

100% subjective - my interest in DarknSouls = zero

Agreed.

For me Dark souls in an exercise in frustration and not fun. Others love it and will spend 100s of hours and 1000s of deaths trying to beat it.

Its all about what you enjoy. Me disliking dark souls does not make it a good or bad game, just not a game for me. Much like opinions on RoS or D3 in general.

• NightgroperNightgroper Member Posts: 76

From what I played on the PTR, the expansion was quite fun, though many of the features that kept my interest(the reworking of skills, the map, etc.) were added in the 2.1 patch.

The higher level cap is kinda fun for bigger numbers on items, the new skills are okay, the real reason though to pick it up for me it the crusader. That class was very enjoyable.

I can't really say there are many reasons to pick up the expansion, but I am enjoying what I have a of D3 now, and I want to enjoy even more of it when the expansion comes out, if that makes any sense.

The more I'm around the forums on this site, the more bitter I become.

• RaekohRaekoh Member UncommonPosts: 7
    I don't know how the currency translation relates but for me being in the UK Blizzard are selling the game for £39.99 which is about $64 and I notice people are saying it's $40 in the US? Well there are other sources I can get the game (all legitimate of course) for £23 so I'm sure you guys can find somewhere selling it cheaper?
  • BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

I am definitely buying.

I HOPE they announce the game is coming out for XB1 before the 25th, and release date for Ultimate Evil edition(s), otherwise I am buying for PC.

I've gained many Paragon levels and great loot on my 60 Monk, and started a fresh Barbarian on Master and am now in Act 3 at level 58.

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607
    My opinion is pretty similar to lots of folks on here, it seems.  I like the game, and I like the changes they made, but 40 bucks for an extra act and some random stuff?  If it was 20-25 bucks I'd consider it.
  • BariliosBarilios Member Posts: 6
    1200 hours of game play 400,000 monster kills and 25,000 elite kills and nothing and I mean nothing to show for it with the exception of being banned from the  blizzard forums for posting my stats. SO THE ANSWER IS BLIZZARD CAN KISS MY ARSE I WILL NEVER EVER GIVE THEM A DIME OF MY MONEY EVER EVER AGAIN.
  • AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    I'll buy it if and when it comes out on console. I have plenty of other options for ARPG's on PC that are free, but D3 is best ARPG on console you can buy currently.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• ProblemProblem Member UncommonPosts: 77

No.

I never liked Diablo 3.

Citizen: Preach your filth elsewhere!