Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ESO Crafting and Raiding Gear End Game!

KnotwoodKnotwood Member CommonPosts: 1,103

We finally got a good glimps into what RAID gear will be and CRAFTING gear will be and how to OBTAIN it.

So we have official word now,  Crafting End game Gear upgrades will come from temepres, resins, ect. (boosters), and will be exclusively to "Hirlings, Extractions, and Refinement".  Which Paul Sage said was to "keep crafters special".

This means that a crafter who obtains around 20 or so Legendary upgrade items can make a Rank 10 piece of gear the best piece of gear in game using 20 legendary upgrade items obtained from  "Hirlings, Extractions, and Refinements".  

Getting to max crafting will be a long journey that will require you to specialize in only one craft.  You can do all at the same time, but would take insane amounts of hours, as  300-400 hours are needed for just one craft to level to max with all researched traits in only one type of armor.

Raiders will get gear drops,  gear drops which will have super powerful enchanments embedded on them, but need to be upgraded to legendary by crafters, making crafters very very special, as it will be just a press of a button if you have all the legendary upgrade items, but it will take very long work to get those legeandary upgrade items to upgrade them.

What do you think about this end game system?  

Conclusions made in this OP is based and formed from gathered information supplied by our fellow mmorpg.com user Greenreen, and from TESOelite's Q&A from Paul Sage today.  

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/821/view/forums/thread/407085/Crafting-questions-answered-by-Paul-Sage-from-Zenimax-with-source.html

http://www.tesoelite.com/forums/threads/live-community-q-a-with-paul-sage-topic-crafting.937/

Comments

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    I didn't hear anything about all this until just now.  I think it's a GREAT idea to make crafters useful in this way.  I'm surprised no one thought of it earlier.  Of course, does that mean they'll be pretty much useless until max level, like so many other MMO's? 
  • ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309
    Originally posted by Knotwood

I think it's great.  Crafters will need adventurers and adventurers will need crafters.   Interdependency 4tw. 

making crafters very very special, as it wont be just a press of a button

It'll still be just a press of a button to craft.  it'll just take a while to research the ability to press that button.   So this doesn't in any way make crafting more skill-reliant or challenging.  Just reruires time and an investment of skillpoints.  There still won't be anything to differentiate a good crafter from a bad given that they have the same materials and research done.

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• KnotwoodKnotwood Member CommonPosts: 1,103
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    I didn't hear anything about all this until just now.  I think it's a GREAT idea to make crafters useful in this way.  I'm surprised no one thought of it earlier.  Of course, does that mean they'll be pretty much useless until max level, like so many other MMO's? 

Actually they'll be needed all the way to 50, but it is possible to obtain 50 without crafted gear,  it just will be harder to level without it. 

I noticed while playing, Most of the weapons and armor I used in game while leveling was from my own crafting, because finding entire sets as you level is going to be hard,  You'll find a ton of different types of green quality gear, which is a mix of light, medium, and heavy armor..   So crafting really is easiest way to just gear up a full set of every time you need gear. 

I often just crafted gear instead of repairing gear because it was much cheaper.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

Not even remotely !

Crafters are the only source of the highest tier (Legendary) items in the game, because that grade of item doesn't drop anywhere. It can only be made by a crafter who upgrades an Epic to a Legendary. That applies to any item from L1 to L50++.

It's not often that you see that system in MMO's...

• HengistHengist Member RarePosts: 1,282

Nope

I was definitely crafting most of my own gear for many levels. Honestly I thought the weapon/armor craft rewards were decent, but the stuff I made for myself was usually better, although I never had enough tempers, resins and so on to upgrade my gear the way I wanted to.

On the whole, one of the more enjoyable crafting experiences I've had in awhile.

Originally posted by arieste

It'll still be just a press of a button to craft.  it'll just take a while to research the ability to press that button.   So this doesn't in any way make crafting more skill-reliant or challenging.  Just reruires time and an investment of skillpoints.  There still won't be anything to differentiate a good crafter from a bad given that they have the same materials and research done.

Yes, it will be just a press of the button to craft but the amount of time it will take to get Legendary upgrade items will probably be incredibly long to get.   To give you an idea,  all gear from level 1 can be upgraded to legendary.   No one I know of has ever ran across a Legendary upgrade item yet.   Which must mean they are extremely rare,  I know I had blacksmithing 10 and the highest I obtained was a  Rare Quality upgrade item.  

We're going to have to see if higher lvls provide that legendary upgrade item at a better rate then 10 and under, because its non existant so far.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Great news guys, thanks for the replies!  That rhymed.  I never expected this, but I'm really looking forward to this game.
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

Yes, it will be just a press of the button to craft but the amount of time it will take to get Legendary upgrade items will probably be incredibly long to get.   To give you an idea,  all gear from level 1 can be upgraded to legendary.   No one I know of has ever ran across a Legendary upgrade item yet.   Which must mean they are extremely rare,  I know I had blacksmithing 10 and the highest I obtained was a  Rare Quality upgrade item.  

We're going to have to see if higher lvls provide that legendary upgrade item at a better rate then 10 and under, because its non existant so far.

A "good" crafter in ESO will be someone who has an abundant supply of resources and who is prepared to put the time into locating and researching the most optimal combination of traits.

Acces to the special forges where the weapon and armour set pieces are made is determined by which traits you have unlocked. Each special forge requires a specific list of traits, so if you plan your research properly, you will be able to make certain set items MONTHS before others will have the same capabilities.

• timidobservertimidobserver Member UncommonPosts: 246

We finally got a good glimps into what RAID gear will be and CRAFTING gear will be and how to OBTAIN it.

So we have official word now,  Crafting End game Gear upgrades will come from temepres, resins, ect. (boosters), and will be exclusively to "Hirlings, Extractions, and Refinement". 

This means that a crafter who obtains around 20 or so Legendary upgrade items can make a Rank 10 piece of gear the best piece of gear in game using "Hirlings, Extractions, and Refinements".  

Getting to max crafting will be a long journey that will require you to specialize in only one craft.  You can do all at the same time, but would take insane amounts of hours, as  300-400 hours are needed for just one craft to level to max with all researched traits in only one type of armor.

Raiders will get gear drops,  gear drops which will have super powerful enchanments embedded on them, but need to be upgraded to legendary by crafters, making crafters very very special, as it will be just a press of a button if you have all the legendary upgrade items, but it will take very long work to get those legeandary upgrade items to upgrade them.

I think it is horrible. I'd like to be able to max out my gear from gameplay alone. I don't want to have to deal with being bent over a barrel by crafters wanting all of my gold. 

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

I think it's great.  Crafters will need adventurers and adventurers will need crafters.   Interdependency 4tw. 

I would like to hear the details for this skill based crafting.  Something that isn't a forumla. something that isn't a react to this random event so push the "correct" button.  If it is skill, and isn't a matter of timing, that implies reproducible which isn't really skillful now is it?  It's just putting time in to learn it then....pushing the right button at the right time.  But I guess you can still look down upon it from your hight horse.

But to take this to a point, this is an rpg.  Our characters are making them item with their abilities. You aren't crafting the item, your character is.  So making it just pushing buttons is as ok as just pushing a button to cast a fireball.  You can't cast the fireball youself. right? 

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

Originally posted by waynejr2

I would like to hear the details for this skill based crafting.  Something that isn't a forumla. something that isn't a react to this random event so push the "correct" button.  If it is skill, and isn't a matter of timing, that implies reproducible which isn't really skillful now is it?  It's just putting time in to learn it then....pushing the right button at the right time.  But I guess you can still look down upon it from your hight horse.

But to take this to a point, this is an rpg.  Our characters are making them item with their abilities. You aren't crafting the item, your character is.  So making it just pushing buttons is as ok as just pushing a button to cast a fireball.  You can't cast the fireball youself. right? 

Actually what It is, is you are going to have to find unique crafters just as skilled as rank 10 to upgrade those raid drops, but the fact is,  YOU are going to have to find a crafter who actually researched the path that you want upgraded. 

If you have a shield that needs upgrading, your going to have to hunt down a shield crafter who specialized in shields and took that all the way to max level in order for them to upgrade your shield to legendary.     The skill is the crafter who had to get to max level specificly in that craft, while the raiders skill was to obtain the core item that's powerful enough to warrant an upgrade to it.

When I think of this system it reminds me of the FFXIV relics.

You got your relic, then upgraded it at the furnace with extremely rare mats.

Except in this case all the rare mats came from a crafter and rewards for upgrade go to the crafter and not the NPC furnace.

• nationalcitynationalcity Member UncommonPosts: 501
    Originally posted by timidobserver

So we have official word now,  Crafting End game Gear upgrades will come from temepres, resins, ect. (boosters), and will be exclusively to "Hirlings, Extractions, and Refinement". 

This means that a crafter who obtains around 20 or so Legendary upgrade items can make a Rank 10 piece of gear the best piece of gear in game using "Hirlings, Extractions, and Refinements".  

I think it is horrible. I'd like to be able to max out my gear from gameplay alone. I don't want to have to deal with being bent over a barrel by crafters wanting all of my gold. 

Somehow I doubt this will be the only way to get legendary items though is by crafters?

If it's true that only crafters can make a legendary could you please post the link where it says that?

Not trying to be a jerk just would love to see where it actually says that only crafters can make them......

• TalemireTalemire Member UncommonPosts: 839
    Great news guys, thanks for the replies!  That rhymed.  I never expected this, but I'm really looking forward to this game.

If I had a penny for every time I did that... Lol

Isaiah 41:10
    Originally posted by nationalcity

Somehow I doubt this will be the only way to get legendary items though is by crafters?

If it's true that only crafters can make a legendary could you please post the link where it says that?

Not trying to be a jerk just would love to see where it actually says that only crafters can make them......

Paul sage ESOelite Q&A today.

He says the drops will be super powerful enchantments which make the drops stand out.  (unique)

And crafters will be able to upgrade them and make them better.

Link incoming. http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/821/view/forums/thread/407085/Crafting-questions-answered-by-Paul-Sage-from-Zenimax-with-source.html

I am not your secretary. If you want to research the legitimacy of what the OP is suggesting, go ahead. I am fine with responding to the hypothetical that there is some accuracy to his claim. If it turns out that he is full of it, then nothing is lost. 

• KanesterKanester Member UncommonPosts: 375
    That sounds like a fantastic idea, At last something to make crafters important.
  • TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,025

I am not your secretary.

My coffee could use a top off.

Chop Chop!

You stay sassy!

Originally posted by Tamanous

I am not your secretary.

My coffee could use a top off.

Chop Chop!

HAHA : )

• nationalcitynationalcity Member UncommonPosts: 501

Paul sage ESOelite Q&A today.

He says the drops will be super powerful enchantments which make the drops stand out.  (unique)

And crafters will be able to upgrade them and make them better.

Link incoming. http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/821/view/forums/thread/407085/Crafting-questions-answered-by-Paul-Sage-from-Zenimax-with-source.html

ty, for the link....

And to the other guy saying your not my secretary, no reason to act like a douche......

I mean so sorry that I'm not Miss Cleo and couldn't foresee where he got this information from....... I looked on reddit and Tamriel foundry and didn't see anything.....

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309
    Originally posted by waynejr2
     So making it just pushing buttons is as ok as just pushing a button to cast a fireball. 

I wasn't suggesting that crafting shouldn't involve pushing buttons.   And i fully agree, it would be great if it required the same skill as pushing a button to cast a fireball.  Only it doesn't.    

Or are you saying that every single player that has the fireball skill  is equally skilled at using it?   (or that every player that has identical set of spells/abilities and gear is equal in skill?  or that every player than can kill mob X is equal in skill?)    Because if that's what you're saying, then we have a fundamental difference of opinion that simply can't be reconciled.

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195

I like this a lot. I mostly solo but I am not put off if I need the assistance of other players to get my hands on the best stuff. It is an MMO after all. I think its well thought out and adds a little something different to the game.

Yes it is "click and craft" but it seems there are tons of combos possible by all the mats I was picking up in the beta. I also have become resigned to the fact that as long as I play games, using predominantly a keyboard & mouse or a game pad, most everything I'm going to do can be boiled down to clicking one or more buttons.

• MongooseMongoose Member UncommonPosts: 86

Thanks for the info.

-Mongoose

• DaessarDaessar Member Posts: 204
    The skill is the crafter who had to get to max level specificly in that craft, while the raiders skill was to obtain the core item that's powerful enough to warrant an upgrade to it.

I think you're being extremely generous with the terms "raiders" and "skill" in your topic here.

I believe the reality will be that a very large portion of the player base ( including crafters ) will have the "core items" very quickly, and all just be basically waiting around for the crafter to hurry up and get to whichever specialization cap they need, so they can buy the upgrade. 

• alterfenixalterfenix Member UncommonPosts: 370

I think that people that play TESO because of Cyrodiil should not be forced to do any form of raiding

Conclusions made in this OP is based and formed from gathered information supplied by our fellow mmorpg.com user Greenreen, and from TESOelite's Q&A from Paul Sage today.  

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/821/view/forums/thread/407085/Crafting-questions-answered-by-Paul-Sage-from-Zenimax-with-source.html

http://www.tesoelite.com/forums/threads/live-community-q-a-with-paul-sage-topic-crafting.937/