Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA: How much content behind paywall?

SagrellSagrell Member Posts: 10
Title. Basically I want to know the level of "Free to Play" in this game before I start playing it.

Comments

• KyutaSyukoKyutaSyuko Member UncommonPosts: 288
    There is no block content.  All the pay items are pretty much more character slots, larger bank, vanity items like weapon skins and costumes, mounts, pets, and the usual.
  • SagrellSagrell Member Posts: 10
    Originally posted by KyutaSyuko
    There is no block content.  All the pay items are pretty much more character slots, larger bank, vanity items like weapon skins and costumes, mounts, pets, and the usual.

I don't have a problem with the stuff you mentioned, i was more concerned about something like a lower lvl cap/additional areas, quests, stuff like that. Thank you for your swift reply.

• GODGANONDORFGODGANONDORF Member Posts: 59
    Like stated above plus you can by all those cosmetic stuff from other players thus everything is potencially free

DARK AND LIGHT I GOVERN BOTH

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Best Free To Play Model of any mmo out.
  • BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Originally posted by Jockan
    Best Free To Play Model of any mmo out.

I would put Rift on that list too. The combat in Tera is more fun though and it has a really cool twist on healing classes.

Rift is now charging for PVP dimensions and items (credits only) and new souls and certain gear. Tera is now the definitive F2P imho and imho the reason they can keep it that way is cause they have some damn fine artists that come up with some very nice cosmetic items and useful stuff.

Rift would have done better with cosmetics if they would have had more variations with their art. Their stuff was/is really nothing more than re-skins.

Gotta respect En Masse Entertainment they are one of the only companies out there making a legit F2P that works and they definitely have some talented people.

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772

Zero.  TERA has the best f2p model ever.

Neverwinter is pretty close but you can still buy you're way into OP in Neverwinter- can't do that in TERA.

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Unfortunately the questing is some of the most bland, mind-numbing you will come across.  Should I mention the less than stellar community.  Ellin party!      I made it less than a day in there.