Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dragon Age: Inquisition: New Trailer Shows Off In-Game Footage

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Bioware has been relatively quiet about Dragon Age: Inquisition, the third game in the beloved RPG series. Today perhaps marks an end to that silence with the release of a two-minute plus video that shows off several locations within the game, the beauty of the Frostbite engine and much more. See what you think before heading to the comments.

Our new “Discover the Dragon Age” video highlights only some of the locations you can choose to visit during your adventure. Each area in the video has its own realistic ecosystem with predators, prey, factions, and opportunities to expand your Inquisition.

The world’s population is based on an emergent system that adjusts what you’ll encounter based on how your actions tip the balance in the area. You’ll see towns attacked by bandits, deer fleeing from wolves, giant’s feeding on bears, and countless other scenarios.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ageventagevent Member UncommonPosts: 11

keep it up bioware

I enjoyed playing mass effect 2 and 3 but not as much as dragon age origins and da2 but I hope inquisition is gonna be good. very excited and looking forward to gameplay footage

• gonewildgonewild Member UncommonPosts: 136

looks beaitiful.Glad the get rid of that stupid art of dragon age 2 and has a more skyrim appeal.?

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Those are some beautiful looking environments with great lighting and nice weather effects.  That being said,  I really hope Bioware can redeem themselves with this Dragon Age versus that DA2 debacle.   So far this game sounds really good on paper. 

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    Originally posted by rodingo
    Those are some beautiful looking environments with great lighting and nice weather effects.  That being said,  I really hope Bioware can redeem themselves with this Dragon Age versus that DA2 debacle.   So far this game sounds really good on paper. 

DA2 was great, DA was great, both games were amazing, but different.

Many people who liked DA:O were off put that DA2 was a different type of game, they were unwilling to adjust or adapt, unfortunate for them the game was excellent, I've convinced many of my friends to retry it over the years and they agree, it was their expectations that were at fault, not the game.

• LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266

Squee! Looks amazing, can't wait.

Also, wtb Dragon Age MMO. Come on Bioware you know it would be great! :)

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735
    Looks like EA want some of that skyrim pie. I'll wait for the witcher 3.
  • kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012
    As long as they don't pull off another "DA2" and re-use same 5 maps over and over and over times infinity I'm in!
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    I almost dont believe this is ingame footage.  It almost doesnt seem like a Bioware game.  It looks too good to be from BioWare!
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    DA1 was amazing. Let's hope they go back to more of that. DA2 played like I was pumping quarters into my PC.

Joined - July 2004

• JinxysJinxys Member UncommonPosts: 488

I couldn't agree more

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    Originally posted by Laughing-man

Many people who liked DA:O were off put that DA2 was a different type of game, they were unwilling to adjust or adapt, unfortunate for them the game was excellent, I've convinced many of my friends to retry it over the years and they agree, it was their expectations that were at fault, not the game.

I actually agree. Dragon Age 2 had its flaws and a few things I didn't like but it was a really great game.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Storm_CloudStorm_Cloud Member UncommonPosts: 401
    Originally posted by Leiloni

Mmmm, a sandbox Dragon Age MMORPG... Question is though, will Bioware be capable of such a task? A question to be discussed if this wish become a reality.

• PokeyPraschPokeyPrasch Member Posts: 6
    I loved DA1 enough that I preordered DA2.  I must be in the minority but I thought DA2 was awful, from storyline to gameplay.  It left me with a bad taste in my mouth.
    Originally posted by Sovrath
    Originally posted by Laughing-man

I actually agree. Dragon Age 2 had its flaws and a few things I didn't like but it was a really great game.

I agree, I loved DA2. I hope they continue down that vein. I played DA2 before I had DAO and I have never been able to get very far in DAO, it just couldn't capture my interest.

Originally posted by Storm_Cloud

Mmmm, a sandbox Dragon Age MMORPG... Question is though, will Bioware be capable of such a task? A question to be discussed if this wish become a reality.

I didn't say anything about a sandbox lol. I think a mix really would be best.

• WolfClawsWolfClaws Member UncommonPosts: 638
    Ok I am stoked.
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299

DA:O was a fantastic game while DA 2 was just alright and took the franchise backwards. I've been looking forward to this for years as Bioware rpg's are always fun.

Still don't see why this is on an mmorpg site though.

Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • Sunnyguy46Sunnyguy46 Member UncommonPosts: 91
    Originally posted by Mithrundir

DA:O was a fantastic game while DA 2 was just alright and took the franchise backwards. I've been looking forward to this for years as Bioware rpg's are always fun.

Still don't see why this is on an mmorpg site though.

Because this site had made the decision to become a MMO + RPG website in order to survive. 

• RelampagoRelampago Member UncommonPosts: 445
    This is looking like what 2 should have been.
  • HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

Heres around 25 minutes of recorded gameplay video,  they didnt do a 1/2 bad job of recording either.

DA:I <--- click here

I know some people will bust a nut over it.

But for me I think I'll pass.

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209

The Dragon Ages: Skyrisition!

It's a good year to be an RPG fan.

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030
    The landscapes they feature in this trailer look much more open, almost like an MMO or Elder Scrolls game.  That would be pretty sweet for a DA game.  DA:O was my first Bioware RPG, and it really opened up a new world of potential of the RPG genre to me.  I really gotta go back and play them again.  I don't think I ever quite got through DA2 or Awakening.  The first one was amazing though.  
  • bbbb42bbbb42 Member UncommonPosts: 297
    dont trust anyone who has da2 was good prob just EA forum pr team

• DengarDengar Member UncommonPosts: 34
    Originally posted by Storm_Cloud

I feel the same way. A DA sandbox would be great, but I don't feel like I've seen Bioware do a sandbox yet. Maybe after 3, they can jump any other future narratives 100 years in the future or something and just make an open MMO happen after that. Maybe outsource it to a different company, depending on how DA3 goes (it's supposed to be more of a sandbox, right?)

• jacktorsjacktors Member UncommonPosts: 180
    I hated DA2.  The game was a rushed, linear game. I hated how they made it so you had to do A, then B, then C, and so on. This is 2014. RPG's should be made with tons of open world content, if they are to be considered Triple A type games IMO.  Examples of top tier games are Skyrim, The Witcher 2, and the like. If I ever decide to purchase Inquisition, the game better have much more content than the last Dark Age.