Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Companions

MongooseMongoose Member UncommonPosts: 86

Has anyone read anything about getting in game companions? Thought I saw something recently stating that they would be introduced after launch.

-Mongoose

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088
    I had a pet monkey, does that count?

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• MongooseMongoose Member UncommonPosts: 86

AI that you command to follow you around. Don't think the little crabs are worth calling companions but maybe that's what they meant lol.

-Mongoose

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994
    They stay on your spaceship and run errands for you.....
  • KnotwoodKnotwood Member CommonPosts: 1,103

While back they said that you wont have companions like in SKYRIM, where they follow you around all the time in game, but you will be able to get companions that will stay with you on storylines until that storyline is complete.

• hawkrylhawkryl Member Posts: 24
    On certain quests you get a companion that will follow you and fight for a portion of that quest.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Only for crafting. But you never see them - they're probably too busy to chat. They just send you materials.

But no permanent NPCs that fight for you... sorry, Lydia didn't make it.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090
    Thought this thread was going to be about the npc guild from Skyrim.
  • rygard49rygard49 Member UncommonPosts: 973
    Originally posted by Iselin

Only for crafting. But you never see them - they're probably too busy to chat. They just send you materials.

Good.

That chick always gave me the bitchiest attitude when I asked her to carry my loot. I can only hope one of her ancestors is my Blacksmith's assistant constantly working to prop up my achievements, and receiving no credit, nor being provided any avenue to complain.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by rygard49
    Originally posted by Iselin

Good.

That chick always gave me the bitchiest attitude when I asked her to carry my loot. I can only hope one of her ancestors is my Blacksmith's assistant constantly working to prop up my achievements, and receiving no credit, nor being provided any avenue to complain.

I know. I like it this way. They should never be seen OR heard. I also hope they don't write notes in the packages they send our mats in. I don't need any more passive aggressive bitching.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED