Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cyrodiil Campaign Rule Sets

PyatraPyatra Member Posts: 644

Optional rule sets are possible for Cyrodiil campaigns and there is already a section for rule sets in beta.

Is there any rule sets or game styles you would like to see in Cyrodiil campaigns?

So first we should just accept that this conversation is not about add-ons and I will consider you off topic if that starts. 

My thoughts:  Potential other game sets may arise, something similar to capture the flag (Elder Scrolls) where everyone has to pour into the Imperial City and try to fight their way to scrolls (Daedric Titans and all) and get them back to one of your keeps and the campaign timer is much shorter.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • PyatraPyatra Member Posts: 644
    Originally posted by greenreen

No add-on discussion in these rulesets - ok.

First person only mode. - Would be hard to lose all that situational awareness.

Costumes only, no gear. - That should knock down the min/maxers and would make for great videos and keep people collecting costumes. The fights would last longer too with everyone at reduced strength.

You make a good point 1st person mode only would be more challenging and give melee a better chance to flank.  It would promote slotting more mobility based skills that would be for sure.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Originally posted by shawnsum

Costumes only, no gear. - That should knock down the min/maxers and would make for great videos and keep people collecting costumes. The fights would last longer too with everyone at reduced strength.

[mod edit]

Please contribute to the discussion or don't bother posting.  This thread is not to bash other people's ideas but to express your own ideas for potential rule sets.  If you post again in this thread it should contribute by containing possible rule sets you would like to see for a campaign.  The campaign length can be changed too, so this should make it fairly easy for you to come up with something.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

How exactly does the concept of the "home campaign" fit into this multi-ruleset situation ?

You have to join one campaign as your default campaign. You can "guest" in other campaigns, but there seems to be some drawbacks to guesting. I don't know exactly what those drawbacks are, but couldn't they potentially limit your fun in other ruleset campaigns ?

Switching "home" campaigns is quite pricey I believe.

Originally posted by SpottyGekko

How exactly does the concept of the "home campaign" fit into this multi-ruleset situation ?

You have to join one campaign as your default campaign. You can "guest" in other campaigns, but there seems to be some drawbacks to guesting. I don't know exactly what those drawbacks are, but couldn't they potentially limit your fun in other ruleset campaigns ?

Switching "home" campaigns is quite pricey I believe.

Guest campaigns are free to transfer, they are just on a timer of 24 hours since last login to the campaign (or the end of the campaign timer), which they can put in place a very easy 3rd campaign option for shorter or "Specialty Campaigns".  So the option is very viable and can be implemented fairly easily.  What kind of rule sets would you like to see?  It doesn't have to take any of this into account of course, I don't want you to feel limited in your ideas.

• TiconzTiconz Member UncommonPosts: 120
    Originally posted by Pyatra

[mod edit]

Please contribute to the discussion or don't bother posting.  This thread is not to bash other people's ideas but to express your own ideas for potential rule sets.  If you post again in this thread it should contribute by containing possible rule sets you would like to see for a campaign.  The campaign length can be changed too, so this should make it fairly easy for you to come up with something.

[mod edit] I actually like the idea of no gear, just costumes or maybe just a basic set that puts everyone on equal terms per class.  Only problem i can see from this is some builds are going to be built around the gear they wear.  I really do like the first person one.  Having people to watch the rear and having blindspots is a neat idea to flank/counter-flank.

Originally posted by Ticonz

Edit.

Edit.

[Edit]  I actually like the idea of no gear, just costumes or maybe just a basic set that puts everyone on equal terms per class.  Only problem i can see from this is some builds are going to be built around the gear they wear.  I really do like the first person one.  Having people to watch the rear and having blindspots is a neat idea to flank/counter-flank.

Any particular rule sets you would like to see yourself that haven't already been mentioned?  They don't have to be singular rules but can be entire sets.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

A campaign with only "weapons-based" PVP combat allowed.

So no magic spells, unless you're using an enchanted staff.

A single staff holds a fairly limited amount of charges.

No recharging a staff while in combat.

Originally posted by SpottyGekko

A campaign with only "weapons-based" PVP combat allowed.

So no magic spells, unless you're using an enchanted staff.

A single staff holds a fairly limited amount of charges.

No recharging a staff while in combat.

I'm not sure about how difficult it would be to implement the staff charges, but weapon-skill or weapon only combat seems very viable with minimal effort from the developers and it's definitely a good suggestion.  Also may promote more use of siege engines outside of just keep conflicts.

• CazNeergCazNeerg Member Posts: 2,198
    There should be a FFA server.  That way when a guild that doesn't control a keep wants one, they could pick between taking it away from an enemy faction, or hitting the presumably softer target of one of the keeps in their own faction.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

• blastermasterblastermaster Member UncommonPosts: 259

I would like an "hardcore"  rule set, which could include

1st Person Only.

Friendly Fire

No "teleports" from keep to keep.

No rez with soulstone.

Limited information from the map  (no markers for every little skirmish that is happening,etc.)

I'm sure people could come up with other rules that could fit in the "hardcore" campaign..

Originally posted by CazNeerg
    There should be a FFA server.  That way when a guild that doesn't control a keep wants one, they could pick between taking it away from an enemy faction, or hitting the presumably softer target of one of the keeps in their own faction.

Interesting so a guild vs guild in the alliance setting.  Maybe something that doesn't involve break doors and walls but still some sort of contention would be good.  That way another faction won't march into the hole in the wall and gank it.  Maybe something confined to the inner courtyard and keep.  Either way, good suggestion.

Originally posted by blastermaster

I would like an "hardcore"  rule set, which could include

1st Person Only.

Friendly Fire

No "teleports" from keep to keep.

No rez with soulstone.

Limited information from the map  (no markers for every little skirmish that is happening,etc.)

I'm sure people could come up with other rules that could fit in the "hardcore" campaign..

Wow.... you make me wonder about the Imperial City now.... if a smaller campaign can be confined to just the city (which is really big but not walk for hours huge) then I think every single one of those would work really well.  Of course sadly, I haven't seen the imperial city, but making that a war zone and assuming there are plenty of buildings and alleys, would be super crazy (but fun) even for friendly fire.

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849

No add-on discussion in these rulesets - ok.

First person only mode. - Would be hard to lose all that situational awareness.

1st person only mode would be awesome, WarThunder (Completely different kind of game I know) has a first person cockpit only view in simulation battles which is really cool, I would love to see ESO have this.

• Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Optional rule sets are possible for Cyrodiil campaigns and there is already a section for rule sets in beta.

Is there any rule sets or game styles you would like to see in Cyrodiil campaigns?

So first we should just accept that this conversation is not about add-ons and I will consider you off topic if that starts. 

My thoughts:  Potential other game sets may arise, something similar to capture the flag (Elder Scrolls) where everyone has to pour into the Imperial City and try to fight their way to scrolls (Daedric Titans and all) and get them back to one of your keeps and the campaign timer is much shorter.

Damn this is awesome. Do you know what type of option there are?

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
    Originally posted by bcbully

Damn this is awesome. Do you know what type of option there are?

Seeing as the parameters set by the devs, you can just assume pretty much anything.  But given how many mechanics already exist within Cyrodiil that are already hard coded into the game and can easily be slightly altered, feel free to shoot for the moon on this one.

Also you can assume that there can be smaller one off campaigns with smaller timers.  I know the devs or the campaign moderator have set it as low as 2 days and as high as 90 days.

Edit: I can do grammar me!