Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Petition for Early Release!

Comments

• TiconzTiconz Member UncommonPosts: 120
    Originally posted by Knotwood

3.    They had a few test instances of PVP where you were unwilling participants in beta testing.   All the other instances of PVP were perfect and was no latency.

thanks for this info.. cuz its a huge concern for me.  Im going to assume that the campaign I was in was one of these tests because for a couple hours it was okay.. not great but then went to unplayable to the point that no one in my guild wanted to log in anymore... we were one keep away from achieving emperor.  :(

Also, the fact that the devs took servers down all together makes me think that something happened that they weren't ready for.. because when the game did finally come back up.. the ability lagged was never fixed... unless they were unrelated to this secret test of theirs.

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030

NO!!!!!

No Early Release for you BCBully!!!!

You stay incarcerated and serve your full sentence!!!

That is what this thread is about right?I

I mean no one could be so lacking in patience that they'd want a soon to be released game out even earlier and unready?

• wildarms2wildarms2 Member UncommonPosts: 80

i would sign this  if the game was 100% working. but  i really do think game needs another 4 + months of  closed beta  and   a pushed release date  to be  aleast  june  or july .the number of grafic  and bugged quests , stuck spots , lag in citys 

this would hurt  eso  release  if not  done .

mabe  change the petition  to  say  for a Closed Beta   ( 24/7 ) and a push  on the release date till  July 2014 

so that  the gamers can play it  as they fix it for  no charge  nobody going to pay to play  a  game that is 25% bugged  and is not   a lemon  

moo all

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Why on Earth would anyone desire a game, ANY game, to be released before it is ready? Do you love bugs that much?

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• CazNeergCazNeerg Member Posts: 2,198
    Originally posted by AlBQuirky

Why on Earth would anyone desire a game, ANY game, to be released before it is ready? Do you love bugs that much?

No MMO is ever ready at release.  Only ready enough.  And the amount more ready the game is going to get in the next four weeks probably isn't that much.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by cowhunters

i would sign this  if the game was 100% working. but  i really do think game needs another 4 + months of  closed beta  and   a pushed release date  to be  aleast  june  or july .the number of grafic  and bugged quests , stuck spots , lag in citys 

this would hurt  eso  release  if not  done .

mabe  change the petition  to  say  for a Closed Beta   ( 24/7 ) and a push  on the release date till  July 2014 

so that  the gamers can play it  as they fix it for  no charge  nobody going to pay to play  a  game that is 25% bugged  and is not   a lemon  

The quest bugs I experienced all seemed to be related (as in one issue causing it) rather than multiple issues to fix, they all seemed to be tied to a single core problem as they all basically happened in the same manner, as well as required the same fix.

As for the overall game being ready? hell no. Granted I don't expect that much to change outside of a few major things like group and quest related issues. I think that's the most we should be hoping for or expecting.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• lunatiquezlunatiquez Member UncommonPosts: 381

They are also the people who will bitch and moan and complain about launch problem all day.

• DreycraftDreycraft Member UncommonPosts: 107
    Originally posted by Massive9
    Originally posted by Iselin
    Originally posted by Iselin
    Originally posted by achesoma
    While I appreciate the enthusiasm, the game is far from ready and already releasing too soon IMO. It's only 4 more weeks anyway(preorder).  All the quest bugs are frustrating. Not to mention getting stuck in NPC conversations and at crafting tables. /reloadui was the theme of the weekend. 

None of that matters apparently as this weekend was purely a stress test :p

It is very worrying being what, 4 weeks from launch and the game build on public beta is months old. How much time do they think they will have to public beta the CURRENT build, with all of its bugs etc when they game is due to go live in 4 weeks?

I'd be worried too if the weekend beta were anything more than stress test + show and tell.

Good thing there is a REAL 24/7 beta in the PTS with the same testers for about a year who do play test the latest build.

Besides, all this melodramatic "glass half empty" posts are ignoring the fact that, quest and stuck conversation bugs aside, this old build is already in better shape than the release state of many past and current MMOs. Except for those who want to nit-pick shit so they can pose as good forum warriors, it's very playable as is.

The "old" build is also irrelevant.

What is there to "show and tell" about a build that is 6 months out of date? From what I have read following the weekend beta the only things they had to show and tell were a considerable number of bugs that were NOT there in the previous beta. Plus many bugs that were simply unfixed despite being reported previously.

A closed beta on the new build is not really a very robust way to test the code base or stress test the server in relation to the current build is it?

With 4-6 weeks till launch we had better hope this new build that few people have even seen is just about perfect as they have left themsevles zero time for recovery if it is not.

Have you actually played or only "read"?

And where's this 6-month-old shit coming from? The build we played last weekend 0.171 was a tiny revision of build 0.17 that is 1.5 months old - January not August lol.

You can split hairs and white knite all you want.

That doesnt change the fact that the beta build used for this weekend just gone is out of date and irrelevant.

The current build has some huge changes that could have a potentially huge impact on performance and experience alike, such as collision detection and changes to starter zones. Why is this not the build in public beta / public stress test given that launch day is almost on top of us?

Circa 6 weeks from the live date of this game, there are still no plans for a robust public beta / stress test for what is basically the finished product.

What kind of marketing decision is it to have a beta with such redundent code this close to release? And you spin this as positive? The devs are obviously not confident enough in the current build to roll it out for public beta or stress test and that is a huge problem so close to the live date, a huge problem that all of the apologists are just choosing to ignore.

But it's ok, everything is fine because 6 weeks from release they are still showing and telling old code...win :)

You're only looking at one side of this possible situation. Did it ever occur to you that they are so confident in the current build being tested 24/7 that they don't want to have a public beta of the full game to ruin a lot of the surprises? Obviously I don't know this for sure, but I'm more inclined to believe that is what's going on. Game directors Matt Firor and Paul Sage are definitely not noobs when it comes to developing an mmorpg, and most people don't seem to realize that this game has been in development for 7 friggin years which is a HELL of a lot longer than most mmorpgs releasing nowadays. Just because they're not doing what every other developer is doing and having an open beta of the full game right before release doesn't mean they're not confident enough in their product. The more I think of your accusation the more ridiculous it sounds, seriously give me a break.

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Originally posted by CazNeerg

No MMO is ever ready at release.  Only ready enough.  And the amount more ready the game is going to get in the next four weeks probably isn't that much.
    While I agree, an MMO could launch better than Anarchy Online (is that the right one?) did. A few bugs are unfortunately expected. The sooner the release, though, the more bugs do NOT get fixed and systems do not get tweaked. Nothing quite like launching a game and then in the next 2 weeks have patches galore (FF XIV:ARR) to try to fix all the bugs they missed.

Players cry for new games to launch, simply because they are impatient.

I am of the mind that games, any game, should not launch before they are ready. I guess my standards are higher and think that video game companies should strive for the best game they can deliver at launch. Saying "MMOs always launch incomplete" is like giving troublesome boys carte blanche by saying, "Boys will be boys." Without expectations, there is no strive to get better.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

While I agree, an MMO could launch better than Anarchy Online (is that the right one?) did. A few bugs are unfortunately expected. The sooner the release, though, the more bugs do NOT get fixed and systems do not get tweaked. Nothing quite like launching a game and then in the next 2 weeks have patches galore (FF XIV:ARR) to try to fix all the bugs they missed.

Players cry for new games to launch, simply because they are impatient.

I am of the mind that games, any game, should not launch before they are ready. I guess my standards are higher and think that video game companies should strive for the best game they can deliver at launch. Saying "MMOs always launch incomplete" is like giving troublesome boys carte blanche by saying, "Boys will be boys." Without expectations, there is no strive to get better.

Everybody has a different standard for "ready enough."  All the people are really saying who ask for an early release is that for them personally, the game is in good enough shape that if it did release now they would feel comfortable throwing money at it.

The Force shall free me.

• TechnohicTechnohic Member Posts: 148
    I think they shlould just go all out, open beta/stress test weekends from now until launch.  Go head first seeing the issues every weekend, and would then say delay if you come across bugs that are actually major and not just minor annoyances.  
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,824

I would be far happier if they released in on launch day + two months, and you can say that about every MMO ever launched. Has everyone forgotten how a huge budget MMO like SWTOR could not sort out adjustable UI's until nearly two months after launch? There will be something like this in ESO, which given an extra month they would have sorted out.

So never ask for a game early, you will only get a product with less quality.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Omg release it already!!!!
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735
    The OP will be the first person to complain about a bad launch, yet he is asking for an early release?
  • nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735
    Originally posted by unbeatin
    Game needs a beta with an updated content release. We have been playing the same Stone field for like 6 beta's. That tells me the rest is not even ready enough for testing, now that scared me horribly.

You're obviously not in the closed beta, the stress test does not count as beta testing because it's always the same client. The closed beta client gets patched every 3 days.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by nerovipus32
    The OP will be the first person to complain about a bad launch, yet he is asking for an early release?

You kidding right? The people here know me better than that. I not the "omg a bug" type. I play Age of Wushu for pete's sake. The bugs there have given the game a soul lmao.

Besides that through 4 beta weekends my game play has not been hindered, outside of two slow spawning quests, and some server lag. 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • WarThorWarThor Member UncommonPosts: 41

You all that think they will change release date due to one thread /signed need to get out and get a taste of realism.  

1.  They set the date with other companies to sell digital and box sets.  So no happening

2.  Changing it would cost more money they are in it to make money.  Most likely either way.

3.  Pushing back costs more money.  Still have to pay for team to work on a game not collecting any money yet.  I hear ya preorders nope cant touch that money till you get product.

4.  Pushing forward could save money but could cost more in fact that push more players away due to game not ready.

So wake up drink some caffeine hit the gym or park.  Experience some real life stuff cause before you know you addicts me included will be gaming till I need sleep and so on. 

• ThornrageThornrage Member UncommonPosts: 659
    Originally posted by WarThor

You all that think they will change release date due to one thread /signed need to get out and get a taste of realism.  

I applaud you for taking this thread too serious!

The OP and those of us who agreed are not seriously asking for the game to release early. We are just expressing our desire to play as soon as possible. We had fun in beta and want to have fun when the game releases. This is not a serious petition for an early release.

Some just need to lighten up.

"I don't give a sh*t what other people say. I play what I like and I'll pay to do it too!" - SerialMMOist

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,627
    Originally posted by bcbully
    /signed 

lol

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    This game needs some tweaking still. It should be a petition to fix the bugs that are present and not releasing early. Releasing early will have consequences (think SWTOR).

Originally posted by botrytis
    This game needs some tweaking still. It should be a petition to fix the bugs that are present and not releasing early. Releasing early will have consequences (think SWTOR).

I think if releasing early could guarantee TOR's "consequences" of making a couple hundred million a year in revenue, ESO would be releasing now.

The Force shall free me.

• AkemiZenAkemiZen Member Posts: 24
    I wish I could play it right now!  Even with the stress test client, that has not been patched and still has bugs, I would rather play this game than any other that is out in the market right now.  I completely understand that beta testing is not for everyone, I also have never played an mmorpg that was perfect at launch.  I would happily play through bugs and tweaks to help make ESO the best that it can be, but sadly I did no make it into the closed beta.  I am thankful for making it into the beta weekends, a few times, and am counting the days until I can play it again.  Oh, and I know that it would be a mistake for them to release the game before the scheduled time due to many many things, so instead I will wish someone could make time go faster for me until the preorder early release :).
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,824
    Originally posted by nerovipus32

Release it already, we want to start complaining. :D

• Aliantha_AngelAliantha_Angel Member UncommonPosts: 225

/signed

let me play and keep what I earn and everyone who wants to wait 3 months for bug fixes can do so.  I loved it and want to play, bugs and all!

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    Originally posted by AkemiZen
    I wish I could play it right now!  Even with the stress test client, that has not been patched and still has bugs, I would rather play this game than any other that is out in the market right now.  I completely understand that beta testing is not for everyone, I also have never played an mmorpg that was perfect at launch.  I would happily play through bugs and tweaks to help make ESO the best that it can be, but sadly I did no make it into the closed beta.  I am thankful for making it into the beta weekends, a few times, and am counting the days until I can play it again.  Oh, and I know that it would be a mistake for them to release the game before the scheduled time due to many many things, so instead I will wish someone could make time go faster for me until the preorder early release :).

I agree !00% ....I'd rather think about ESO then play anything else