Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anet protects the hackers......(

TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247

Your post in TC, you have a hacker in JQ’s bay atm was infracted by a moderator:

TC, please stop with the hacks.

Thief/Mesmer is hacking into bay and attacking from under the ground atm.

Moderator Note:

Accusing any player, guild, or server of cheating, griefing, hacking, or exploiting is not allowed on the forums. If you witness any of these acts while playing, please report them using the in-game ticketing system so our Customer Support team can properly investigate the issue. The forum is not the place for such issues to be discussed. In the case of exploits, you can also send any reports of exploit activity or knowledge to [email protected] to ensure the development team is aware of them.

You have recieved 1 Infraction Point. Infraction points may cause loss of privileges, including forum suspension.

• The topic was locked.
  • The topic was moved.
  • You have been suspended from the forums until February 27th, 2014 02:32 +0000.

This is an automated message generated by an infraction given by a human moderator. If you believe you have received this infraction in error or wish to make an appeal, please send an e-mail to [email protected].

No in-game tool for reporting hackers....and the same hacks have been going on since launch.

But gotta give Anet props for cracking down on the people trying to help.

Comments

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Right. Ever hear the term "The end does not justify the means"?

Your cause may be justified, but you took matters into your own hands which is against the rules. You knew this you got punished, so what is your point here?

Also, there is a difference between ANET giving you an infraction for breaking the rules and ANET protecting hackers. 

They have a process for reporting hackers........It's not on the forums.

• TygranirTygranir Member Posts: 741
    Follow the ToS and you will not encounter this issue. They are not protecting hackers, they have an approved method of reporting them. If you fail to follow that, you are in the wrong.

SWTOR Referral Bonus!
    Referral link
    7 day subscriber level access
    Returning players get 1 free server transfer

Leveling assistance items given to new player!

See all perks Here

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Welcome to the internet OP. This has pretty much been standard since the internet and video games became things that could be combined together. There are other channels for reporting cheating, not posting it on their forums.
  • arunasmearunasme Member UncommonPosts: 129

What is wrong with you? Anet is the banhammer when it comes to bans, they proved time and time again they don't give a f*ck if you a paying customer, if they see you doing something wrong you are guaranteed a permanent exit that very instant.

Use the systems they have made instead of qq'ing on the forums.

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    People fail to understand how gaming forums work apparently. Naming in any game forum (not to mention most forums in general), in a negative way (no matter if it is true or false), is against the ToS. Can't do it on the MMORPG.com forums either or you will be warned/banned. I thought this was sort of common knowledge, but I guess not...

Smile

• TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247

Hackers still around doing their thing......hacking is allowed in GW2.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910
    Originally posted by TalulaRose

Well obviously they make an effort to enforce their rules.  :-)

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• soulkabansoulkaban Member Posts: 1
    One time I found a ring of hackers/bots.  They were in the water off the shore in southsun cove.  I reported over 20 of them.  They were literally teleporting between spawn points on some kind of timer.  I also sent an e-mail directly to the bot report e-mail.  They were doing this for several days.  I kept checking back and reporting them every day for about a week.  Nothing was ever done as far as I know despite my best efforts.  I think I got a response e-mail after almost a week of this saying I needed to do some other BS to report them.  Basically I report this huge problem and the burden is on me to prove there is hacking/ botting going on, and they don't even send anyone to check my story.  I quit the game shortly after that because Anet cearly doesn't care very much if there is huge amount of botting and hacking in their game.
  • An4thorAn4thor Member Posts: 524

What's even the point of this thread, if you can't read the ToS your problem.

You can report hackers (using the wrong methods) in other games and get banned there too if you prefer.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363

Your post in TC, you have a hacker in JQ’s bay atm was infracted by a moderator:

Moderator Note:

Accusing any player, guild, or server of cheating, griefing, hacking, or exploiting is not allowed on the forums. If you witness any of these acts while playing, please report them using the in-game ticketing system so our Customer Support team can properly investigate the issue. The forum is not the place for such issues to be discussed. In the case of exploits, you can also send any reports of exploit activity or knowledge to [email protected] to ensure the development team is aware of them.

You have recieved 1 Infraction Point. Infraction points may cause loss of privileges, including forum suspension.

• The topic was locked.
    • The topic was moved.
    • You have been suspended from the forums until February 27th, 2014 02:32 +0000.

This is an automated message generated by an infraction given by a human moderator. If you believe you have received this infraction in error or wish to make an appeal, please send an e-mail to [email protected].

No in-game tool for reporting hackers....and the same hacks have been going on since launch.

You need to report IN GAME not on forum.  Also include a screen cap.

Your whining here is just that a whine.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363

AH no. A.Net is the king of the banhammer. People have complained that they ban TOO MUCH. Thou dost not know what you are talking about

• AzzrasAzzras Member UncommonPosts: 407

There is an in-game tool for reporting players...

/thread

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130

ANet is actually pretty good with this. I'd say they are better than most. 

First of all, there is a process for reporting people. The fact that you didn't adhere to the forum rules isn't their fault. 

Second of all, reporting players shouldn't be easy. Two reasons, if it's easy, than people just run around reporting everyone. Secondly, whenever people start just running around reporting everyone, it creates a larger backlog of investigations, meaning that the "real" problems don't get looked at for weeks or months, or ever. People are right that it sucks to have to go through a long process to report someone, but if it's actually important to you then you do it. Someone who quits a game because there isn't a one-button report feature probably isn't entirely happy with the game anyway. 

Finally, it's a B2P game. Have you ever tried to get any sort of support for a retail boxed game? Let alone asking them to launch a full-scale investigation into a specific player? Generally speaking, they'll usually evaluate the behavior and see if it's something that's common enough for further investigation or to be fixed. If someone has a really obscure exploit of the system that's extremely difficult to detect, I'd much rather them invest the money they would have spent on that investigation on some other activity. If it's widespread, I'd expect them to fix it, for sure. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

What if.......the accuser is bad at pvp and the other player is just ..............better?

BLASPHEMY!

How often I have been accused for one of my mesmer mirrors attacking someone on a wall when I am standing in front of the gate outside the fort.......I can't count it anymore......guess I was hacking too.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

Originally posted by soulkaban
    One time I found a ring of hackers/bots.  They were in the water off the shore in southsun cove.  I reported over 20 of them.  They were literally teleporting between spawn points on some kind of timer.  I also sent an e-mail directly to the bot report e-mail.  They were doing this for several days.  I kept checking back and reporting them every day for about a week.  Nothing was ever done as far as I know despite my best efforts.  I think I got a response e-mail after almost a week of this saying I needed to do some other BS to report them.  Basically I report this huge problem and the burden is on me to prove there is hacking/ botting going on, and they don't even send anyone to check my story.  I quit the game shortly after that because Anet cearly doesn't care very much if there is huge amount of botting and hacking in their game.

You are assuming that what they are supposed to do is to satisfy your sense of right and wrong.  What they are doing is collecting information to not only ban these accounts, but to also make the hacks impossible in the future.  It's just a waste of time to ban 10 people when they can take extra time and make it impossible for a 1,000 people to do the same thing in the future.

• TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    Originally posted by lizardbones

You are assuming that what they are supposed to do is to satisfy your sense of right and wrong.  What they are doing is collecting information to not only ban these accounts, but to also make the hacks impossible in the future.  It's just a waste of time to ban 10 people when they can take extra time and make it impossible for a 1,000 people to do the same thing in the future.

A quick search for hacks shows that the popular ones at a popular hack site have been around for over a year.

Took me 2 minutes to find it.

I guess Anet downloading it and rendering it useless would be an option but the programmer of the hacks seems to be better than what Anet has on staff.

/rolls eyes

I think its more of a case of if it doesn't cost Anet money its acceptable.

• VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817

Moderator Note:

• The topic was locked.
    • The topic was moved.

What do you mean ??? There is to an ingame tool for reporting.... know yer facts before posting inaccurate garbage. The rule about not posting about suppossed hacks is there so that it can't be abused by those who want to discredit others by just making false accusations, Anet does the right move by enforcing this and requiring the players to report it in game and not some tirade on the forums.

Lolipops !

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

A quick search for hacks shows that the popular ones at a popular hack site have been around for over a year.

I guess Anet downloading it and rendering it useless would be an option but the programmer of the hacks seems to be better than what Anet has on staff.

/rolls eyes

You seem to have all the answers on both hacking and running a gaming company. I call the discussion over!

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    I'm not saying there won't be hacks in AvA on ESO, but the amount of hackers and Anet's lack of care for dealing with them on GW2 is one of the many reasons that drove this dedicated fan away from the game and towards other RvR based games.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• cptndunselcptndunsel Member UncommonPosts: 136

Anet forum moderators are self-imporatant morons. I am perma-banned from their forums for making similar comments over the last year. They hit you with multiple infractions for a single thread which is idiotic and once you hit their invisible limit - thats that. So try to have an intelligent conversation with people in a thread about the various issues (bots - long ago, and bot trains farming materials, flying hack in WvW to get the orbs of power - something anet could never fix, so the orbs were removed, etc) and end up with a bunch of infractions within the same thread. A more intelligent moderator might give a single point and close the thread, but not these clowns.

Anet forums are now only for raw raw fanbois. Anyone critical of the game in any respect, or pointing out issues, will eventually be banned.

I have little respect for anet at this point. They broke all of their promises and punish anyone who reminds them of this or points out issues.

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Originally posted by cptndunsel

Anet forum moderators are self-imporatant morons. I am perma-banned from their forums for making similar comments over the last year. They hit you with multiple infractions for a single thread which is idiotic and once you hit their invisible limit - thats that. So try to have an intelligent conversation with people in a thread about the various issues (bots - long ago, and bot trains farming materials, flying hack in WvW to get the orbs of power - something anet could never fix, so the orbs were removed, etc) and end up with a bunch of infractions within the same thread. A more intelligent moderator might give a single point and close the thread, but not these clowns.

Anet forums are now only for raw raw fanbois. Anyone critical of the game in any respect, or pointing out issues, will eventually be banned.

I have little respect for anet at this point. They broke all of their promises and punish anyone who reminds them of this or points out issues.

While a bit hostile, this post is entirely true. The new Anet is all about censorship and ruling with an iron fist. Anything negative said about the game 9 times out 10 on their forums results in immediate banning or infraction and removal of the post. They cannot or will not handle criticism and it's really sad for the fans of the company and the franchise.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

/rolls eyes

Yes, because the people making money off of hacking and botting are always going to be upfront about what works and what doesn't.  They are always going to be up front about what gets people permanently banned from games and such too I suppose.  Yes, we should base our perception of how Anet handles things on the websites that can profit from selling things they can't complain about.  Makes sense to me.

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Nice how you blame TC for hacking. I play in TC and can tell you we have met PLAYERS on other servers, including JQ , who are hacking.  Going on the forums and accusing x server for hacking is not the way to do it.  Anet is fairly good about dealing with this issue also. 
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,404

In my humble experience the more the forums are controlled/strict and the more the moderators are inflexible the more it is easy to hack/cheat in game.

Dunno why just found it to be so.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• laokokolaokoko Member UncommonPosts: 2,004

Bascially Anet dont' want people to post any negative post on their forum (in the sense it will stop new players from buying the game, that is especially true right now since they are so close to their china release).  Try to post on the bug forum since Anet dont' want negative post in their general forum.

You can right click the players portrait and click on report the players.  Not always easy to do especially if people are hiding under ground.