Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] Rift: Introducing the Liberator - A Raid Healing Warrior

BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

For the first time since Storm Legion expanded the world of Telara, Rift is getting four brand new souls in the upcoming 2.7 patch. The update will be filled with expansion-level features that we’ll hear more about soon, but the coolest part we’ve heard so far is that the new souls will allow characters from every Calling (Mage, Warrior, Rogue, Cleric) to perform every role in the game.  We’re pleased to have the exclusive reveal of the first of these new souls: the Warrior’s own Liberator. If you’ve ever wanted to be a warrior that can raid heal… then this is your chance.

Read the rest of Rift: Introducing the Liberator - A Raid Healing Warrior.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

Comments

• blix2006blix2006 Member UncommonPosts: 415
    wow great update from trion.if all the content is going to be free in it they easily shoot to number 1 f2p too me.which they were pretty much there already
  • brunofilip123brunofilip123 Member Posts: 7
    RIft is the ultimate F2P title to me too , right now .
  • reillanreillan Member UncommonPosts: 247

So they're bringing in Paladins...

• HolyfleadipHolyfleadip Member Posts: 67

Stupid, a plated healer in a tin can protected by cloth-bag mage tank. 

"Please protect me", he said to the guy in the dress.

I do like their model of FTP, I like how they made their cash shop with REX I can buy from in game players, but this is stupid.

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    warrior and rogue healing :O , mage tanking O_O
  • ProfGetzProfGetz Member UncommonPosts: 182
    Cool, should lead to some very interesting builds.

Every MMORPG is AWESOME, until it's released!
    I don't want a game so much as I want a WORLD!
    --
    o·pin·ion –noun
    1. a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
    2. a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.

• AvaglaorAvaglaor Member UncommonPosts: 25
    Lets see if warriors and rogues will stop QQing about cleric dpsers in warfronts now :P
  • RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    You guys have to remember that new souls are not free. They will cost money to obtain. Playing through the game though and getting money for REX isn't too hard though.

Smile

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    A new Soul huh? The Soul system should have been a crowning jewel in the MMORPG genre. The ability to create a custom and potentially limitless play style would be an amazing addition to the genre. This was the reason I bought Rift when it launched. And during the leveling process, I experimented with these souls and had a blast doing it. Then I got to 50 and realized the cookie cutter effect was worse here than it was in WoW. 
  • Arezius444Arezius444 Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Rift 2.0 was called Storm legion, not Soul Legion ;)
  • Preacher26Preacher26 Member UncommonPosts: 381
    Waiting to see how the rogue healing soul will work. Hope it's done well and more along the lines of the bard for style and not like the tact. Glad ill be able to heal now. Barding wasn't bad but little to no real survivability when focused
  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Does anyone else get a completely different image in their heads when they hear the name, "Liberator"?

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by Razeekster
    You guys have to remember that new souls are not free. They will cost money to obtain. Playing through the game though and getting money for REX isn't too hard though.

any clue about price?

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679
    Originally posted by Skuall

any clue about price?

I seem to recall that the last time they introduced new souls these where free for a limited period? Or maybe free for founder members - something like that.

Anyone clarify my fading memory :-)

• nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716
    Originally posted by JudgeUK
    Originally posted by Skuall

any clue about price?

I seem to recall that the last time they introduced new souls these where free for a limited period? Or maybe free for founder members - something like that.

Anyone clarify my fading memory :-)

All souls are free to those who owned Storm Legion and then they where sold for a price after not sure that price have not checked because I own the expansion. But if they add them for a fee as others here have stated REX is pretty cheap for now on the AH.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• ShavaKaShavaKa Member UncommonPosts: 91
    Hmm, RIFT does have a nice f2p system, but I think it needs a lot more than more souls - the classes are already pretty customizable. But I guess that's an option  you get since you have to buy them anyway. I could really get into rift if they spent some time on the areas and making them more interesting aside from grinding ten levels just to move on and do the same thing with a different background or waltzing around with a new cosmetic outfit. There needs to be more cultural development because right now it feels too monetary as in a melting pot of everyone trying to accomplish the same thing, just like capitalism, it's set up as a consumer carrot on a stick. Even though it's a fantasy feudal system, it just plays out as a another market grind that's hard to get into unless you like to be constantly baited by flash and swag. The lore is about as generic as it can get and falls out as a bad fantasy novel. But hey, it's free an you'll play it right? ;), REX click, Rex Click.
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

"For the first time since Soul Legion expanded"

...Soul Legion....

...Soul Legion...

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer
    A new Soul huh? The Soul system should have been a crowning jewel in the MMORPG genre. The ability to create a custom and potentially limitless play style would be an amazing addition to the genre. This was the reason I bought Rift when it launched. And during the leveling process, I experimented with these souls and had a blast doing it. Then I got to 50 and realized the cookie cutter effect was worse here than it was in WoW. 

I used to love the idea of the soulsystem as well and yes, it didnt work out for the game in the long run. Not only players, but Trion themselves funnel you into using cookie cutter or 61 pt-builds for endgame.

By now i even think that with the many souls, the game would be better off if the souls were set classes on their own.

With this many classes, all they'd have to do is properly maintain leveling, enlarge the world step by step and everyone would have fun rolling new chars. I quit leveling chars after two 60s already, because they came with just everything i would ever want to do in an mmorpg. For people who prefer leveling to endgame-grind, Rift is not the game.

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Have always thought Rift's soul system was the pinnacle of MMO class achievement, good to see them finally pushing out the new souls. Will have to log back in and give them a shot when it goes live!

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,848

Yeah, sounds neat but will have to wait and see how it is.

Trion is terrible at class balance.

Remember Cleric Defiler? Trion's previous unique healer. Well, the community decided it was a support soul instead because it sucked as a healer.

I foolishly tried to main a Defiler healer the last time I played Rift. Didnt go well.

• GODGANONDORFGODGANONDORF Member Posts: 59
    Originally posted by Holyfleadip

Stupid, a plated healer in a tin can protected by cloth-bag mage tank. 

"Please protect me", he said to the guy in the dress.

I do like their model of FTP, I like how they made their cash shop with REX I can buy from in game players, but this is stupid.

haters gonna hate

DARK AND LIGHT I GOVERN BOTH

• whisperwyndwhisperwynd Member UncommonPosts: 1,668

Freeeedooomm!!!!

Err  wrong context  

• JJ82JJ82 Member UncommonPosts: 1,258
    Interesting, will watch for more 2.7 information to see if they add enough new content to make it worth going back to.

"People who tell you you’re awesome are useless. No, dangerous.

They are worse than useless because you want to believe them. They will defend you against critiques that are valid. They will seduce you into believing you are done learning, or into thinking that your work is better than it actually is." ~Raph Koster
    http://www.raphkoster.com/2013/10/14/on-getting-criticism/

• dancingstardancingstar Member UncommonPosts: 362
    Originally posted by reillan

So they're bringing in Paladins...

The name & concept does rather suggest the Holy Liberator, an advanced class from 3rd edition D&D who was more or less a Chaotic Good paladin-type.

• TalemireTalemire Member UncommonPosts: 839
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

THIS!!! This, this, this, and so much more of this!

Isaiah 41:10