Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are we hyped?

13»

Comments

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

I'm hyped but not in the way that I used to get.

I'm sure around the 21st(ish of the month) I'll start getting ancy but right now I have to remind myself that we still have a month to go (well ok, less than a month but pretty close) and there will be almost  4 long weeks in between now and then.

I'll be there on opening day, probably up way too early in the AM and looking at youtube videos I've already looked at 4 or 10 times already just to get as close as I can until the opening bell.

• whisperwyndwhisperwynd Member UncommonPosts: 1,668
    Originally posted by Tamanous

I really wish people could simply use the word "excited".

Using the term hype infers people lack the ability to excited about something on their own behalf and instead are just being controlled through mass media.

I am sure that most people here are simply excited to play a new game when it is released for their own reasons.

If you see an advertisement for something, IT IS NOT AN ATTACK ON YOUR SOUL!!!

I guess it depends on the person. For me, the older I get the less excited or 'hyped' I get about anything. Even the wife (just don't tell her though). image

• Jagwar_FangJagwar_Fang Member UncommonPosts: 264
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
    Originally posted by Cod_Eye
    Over hyped and everyone falling for the same trap as in previous hyped MMO's.

No, I'm pretty sure a good majority of people aren't falling for the "trap". Many understand the glaring flaws that are within the game and so does Zenimax. I'm actually quite surprised the company is actually fixing the issues weeks before release. That's a promising start for the game. 

Totally agree.

• FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    Originally posted by whisperwynd

Using the term hype infers people lack the ability to excited about something on their own behalf and instead are just being controlled through mass media.

I am sure that most people here are simply excited to play a new game when it is released for their own reasons.

I guess it depends on the person. For me, the older I get the less excited or 'hyped' I get about anything. Even the wife (just don't tell her though). image

Its called bitterness, I see it all the time in old married people. :P

• dontadowdontadow Member UncommonPosts: 1,005

If I were to make an Elder Scroll Online Thread it would be have someting to do with the game encouraging me to play GW2.  

The first two beta's I really enjoyed the game, but the problems with Phasing have not stopped and the constant crashes with such a small amount of people this weekend scares me for launch.  After the last serverwide crash the wife, who had drank (as she said "24 Darn ounces of coffee and is going to game one way or the other" told me to boot up GW2 and give that a whirl.  We were playing 8 straight hours Saturday night and the frustration of trying to do the same quests and adventuring in Elder Scroll together was adistant memory.

Thing is, she was realy liking the game right up until either i would disappear or she would disappear or the game would freez.e 

• whisperwyndwhisperwynd Member UncommonPosts: 1,668
    Originally posted by Fearum
    Originally posted by whisperwynd

Its called bitterness, I see it all the time in old married people. :P

Get off my lawn you damn hippy!!  In my day we didn't have excitement. We had to walk 10 miles through snow banks 20 feet high just get our daily bread. You young'uns today...image

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    Originally posted by Cod_Eye
    Over hyped and everyone falling for the same trap as in previous hyped MMO's.

Yup.

People have been "sold" on this game, more than it sells itself.

• DeathFromAboveDeathFromAbove Member UncommonPosts: 112

l tried two Betas, and in both l had alot of fun. So yes. This is a game l really don't feel rush to level up, l want to take my time enjoying this game and not rushing through it. So l see you guys in the game :)

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679

Hyped? - no. I'll need to see the latest client, which will hopefully appear in the next beta before getting really interested. I'm fully aware that the last two beta tests where with an older client, but it didn't stop the frustrations rising when it seemed that every other quest/anchor/npc was either frozen, not working or missing.

I won't be in a hurry to race to end cap, with exploring/crafting/gathering to do. So it won't bother me if I have to wait a while for player feedback saying that all or at least the vast majority of bugs have been resolved.

There is also one particular feature that's stopping me rushing to the wallet (UK prices aside), and that's the forced isolation of people for some quests, even when we have been grouped together for the whole story and are at the same stage. They need to lose this and allow continual grouping - it's an mmo, and should encourage group play - not forcibly prevent it at certain stages.

• MamasGunMamasGun Member Posts: 152

Elder Scrolls is an MMO now?  Meh... been too busy loving Wildstar to care about ESo.  Great SP campaign, but from everything I'm seeing (personally through videos) and hearing (through friends playing beta and posts on here), ESO isn't really that good.

Glad you guys are excited, though!  I know ES has it's fanbase- hope they reach the people their supposed to.  As for me and the people I game with, it's all about Dat Wildstar!

Loves: SMITE, WildStar, Project Zomboid, PSO2, DCUO,

Worst Online Communities: WoW/WoD(the OG MMO Trolls), DayZ/WarZ, SMITE/LoL/DOTA, EVE Online, APB
    "I’m ready for
    All the comparisons
    I think it’s dumb and it’s embarrassing
    I’m switching off
    No longer listening
    I’ve had enough of persecution and conditioning
    Maybe it’s instinct- We’re only animal"
    - Lily Allen, Sheezus

• CalypsxCalypsx Member Posts: 38

It's relaxing for me, and I like that I wont have to worry about giant groups until end game. 4 mans are my favorite, anything higher just stresses me out if done too much.

I also don't feel very confined when playing this in a way, things feel really open.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Originally posted by FoxBoogs

Elder Scrolls is an MMO now?  Meh... been too busy loving Wildstar to care about ESo.  Great SP campaign, but from everything I'm seeing (personally through videos) and hearing (through friends playing beta and posts on here), ESO isn't really that good.

Glad you guys are excited, though!  I know ES has it's fanbase- hope they reach the people their supposed to.  As for me and the people I game with, it's all about Dat Wildstar!

You see, now we know you are trolling because you commented (negatively I will point out, though that is your right) on the game in the past.

Congratulations for being that guy. Enjoy Wildstar though.

As far as the topic: I'm "sort of" hyped. I have enjoyed myself though I do feel that doing the starter quests over and over and over, have given me a bit of burn out for my particular faction. I look forward to going past the level 11 that I finally made on one character and finally playing in earnest.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • DaveyColeDaveyCole Member Posts: 85

Games usually build up a lot of hype before they release or when betas are active. Many people are just hanging around to see how the final game comes out after all of the patches. I am fairly certain that good quantity are just here because they've already decided not to play, but want to see if it implodes after failing to live up to the Elder Scrolls standard.

Whatever happens, it will be a good show. The forums are more entertaining than the game is. If the chat window were as easy to read as this forum, I'd subscribe for at least two months to watch it all from the inside.

• DaxamarDaxamar Member UncommonPosts: 593
    Originally posted by FoxBoogs

I tried Wildstar....once...for about 15 mins.

Good luck with your game. Im sure Ill be happy in mine!

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    depressed... for the 1st time in 15 months, I'm gameless.  ESO can't come soon enough. image
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Allacore69Allacore69 Member Posts: 839

Originally posted by Daxamar
    Originally posted by FoxBoogs Elder Scrolls is an MMO now?  Meh... been too busy loving Wildstar to care about ESo.  Great SP campaign, but from everything I'm seeing (personally through videos) and hearing (through friends playing beta and posts on here), ESO isn't really that good. Glad you guys are excited, though!  I know ES has it's fanbase- hope they reach the people their supposed to.  As for me and the people I game with, it's all about Dat Wildstar!
    I tried Wildstar....once...for about 15 mins.

Good luck with your game. Im sure Ill be happy in mine!

I won the contest here to get a wildstar beta key and let me tell you, I was sorely dissapointed. Felt like a colorful WoW with some anime(asian) type character art.
    But it is NCSoft after all. I mean other than GW2, they really have nothing else going for it. Aion, maybe? Lineage = HELL NO. Blade and Soul = OMG never coming to the west.

ESO on the other hand is fantastic!

• GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989

Not "hyped"...wrong word for it to me. Hype is fluff. I'm stoked so far though. Like what I have seen in the past few betas. Enough to preorder. More excited than I have been for an MMO in a while...but that's not saying much.

If only they would make that Fallout MMO...or S.T.A.L.K.E.R.!!

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

• Allacore69Allacore69 Member Posts: 839

Originally posted by Gestankfaust
    Not "hyped"...wrong word for it to me. Hype is fluff. I'm stoked so far though. Like what I have seen in the past few betas. Enough to preorder. More excited than I have been for an MMO in a while...but that's not saying much. If only they would make that Fallout MMO...or S.T.A.L.K.E.R.!!

OMG a Fallout MMO would be the BOMB!

• GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989
    Originally posted by Allacore69

Originally posted by Gestankfaust
    Not "hyped"...wrong word for it to me. Hype is fluff. I'm stoked so far though. Like what I have seen in the past few betas. Enough to preorder. More excited than I have been for an MMO in a while...but that's not saying much.

If only they would make that Fallout MMO...or S.T.A.L.K.E.R.!!

OMG a Fallout MMO would be the BOMB!

They keep teasing it...BASTARDS!!

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

• ThornrageThornrage Member UncommonPosts: 659
    Originally posted by WinstonSmith

I tried to never get hyped again after SWTOR.

I failed...

LOL!

I was in the same boat. After SWTOR I felt I would never get too hyped again. I felt I would just play games as they came out, but now I am going crazy waiting for release of ESO.

"I don't give a sh*t what other people say. I play what I like and I'll pay to do it too!" - SerialMMOist

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

I I'm not really looking forward to any mmo, not Wildstar or this, because they both are just another themepark mmo, where you go quest hub to quest hub like a trained rat going for cheeze thru tubes. Unless ESO really IS very sandboxy I'll probally not buy it. The fact crafters make the best gear though has me intersted a bit at least, though it will still be the same kill raid boss, except this time its for materials insted of already made items.

I'm not hyped up for the game in the least myself, but I may check it out eventually out of boredom, but I don't expect much from mmorpgs these days, they've been letdowns for years, and I don't expect ESO or Wildstar to be any diffrent to be honest. Just remember box sales mean next to nothing in a mmorpg, look at SWTOR, tons of box sales but the game was pretty much dead a month or so after release till it went f2p.

Not trying to troll here, just stating my opnion based on the question asked by the OP.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Yes we are...

We have 450k unique hits for this game on this website in a single week...  Most popular game over the las year had a total of 4M hits...  Yes we are officially a hyped game now on MMORPG.com.  

thats not a good thing or a bad thing... Its just a fact...

i personally enjoyed playing this game over the last three betas  and am looking forward to playing it, yet i realise to see the imperfections that where far from perfect...   Lets hope some of them improve over time and others dont turn in irritators...  But for now, i am looking forward to enjoy tamriel as long as it longs.

well its weird for sure, cause i remember a few months ago everyone was wishing for a sandbox and now you get hyped for  mediocre theme park ...

the game play was not enjoying for me, in the first beta the PvE had good renders and optimization but monotone colors, weird fight animations which remained and on the 2nd beta, good story and quest content, good crafting but nothing sandbox ...

the 2nd beta was disaster i have seen videos showing "awesome" PvP which was weird for me, and i said lets try it again, ok i bleed to get the level to be able to join PvP (wtf ? why? ) and it was the same story just in PvP transferred and except the bigger map than GW2 it doesnt deliver anything better and it demands monthly sub... sorry but i prefer to spend on other games this amount of money ..

• kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044
    Originally posted by Mikeyfree
    April will be a good month! Eso launch and Game of Thrones s4!!

Oh fuck yeah mate, you sooooooo won the thread with that duo !!!