Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Done. Finally

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

I don't think that's the case... I also have lag sometimes, and I'm on Intel+nVidia. A buddy had an Ati in the previous laptop (5870m? dunno, not familiar with that line) and had almost no lag at all.

On the weekend there was some serious issue, they even made a statement about it I guess, it was a huge lagfest on every server (I tried 3 myself). By Sunday it was gone luckily, so nothing disrupted the salmon-fishing contest :)

But I agree, it was a strange / unusual one indeed, for example I tried to enter the Bree vault, nothing happened, so /shrug, rented a horse to MD for vaulting there, it rode out of Bree, loading screen - and I was in Bree vault. Wtf..

edit: if it's not a known server-side lag (where the whole forum is complaining :) of course then you can't do a thing), maybe you can try the following to ease the load on your end: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?497497-How-to-reduce-Raid-lag-%28PvMP-Raiders-READ-this!%29  (since PvMP'ers don't like even the smallest amount of lag...)

I'm not saying it will solve it, my gear for example is running LotRO maxed out fully, on 1920x1200, and I don't have problems even during the big events like Weatherstock, with several hundred peeps on screen. And then sometimes I have lag in areas with only 30-40 people around... Luckily it's very rare. The lag, I mean, not the empty areas :)

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
  • kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205
    Originally posted by Dren_Utogi

im done with turine products.  I will be happy when they are no more.

Your choice but wishing a company to close and, in doing so. people loose their job is kinda petty on your part.

All 3 amd machines , all three had the same lag. Turbine is trash. also had 3 different ISP's as well.

Hate to burst your bubble but i get horrific lag as well and I have and Intel/Nvidia set up.

I really wantt o sue them and see if they took money from intel, that would violate the antitrust law.

You must not be an attorney or work in the legal field or you would see what a ludicrous statement this is. I suggest you brush up on antitrust legislation before you start looking for a lawyer ...

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    Been playing Lotro sice release and its always been a bit of lagfest most of the times.Not sure if its cos I live in the UK but fuckin codemasters was the same.Seems to me the fuckin engine isn't nor never will be optimized.Thats why sometimes I don't log in for weeks cos its so frustrating.I got a great pc i5 3300x4 processor,8gb ram,nvidia 560 ti card and its still clunky as hell.
  • Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059

Dude, it's like reading about a messy divorce. Your loved ones can mess you up worse than any one and its clear this game really fucked with your head.  I would honestly recommend pot.

Really that was supposed to read post marital counseling rather than pot but it came out that way as I tapped the keys too lightly and I left it cause its hilarious. I don't think they actually have game mental health groups outside of EVE so I am going to suggest looking for new game advice as that can be found right here on site.

Your frustrations with turbine have twisted your love into a sick thing they make bad movies about. Seriously, move on and don't let it mess with you emotionally anymore. There are happy games waiting for you out there some where. Places where there are no bugs and mistakes only unintended features and happy little accidents.

Go there. For your own good bro.

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960

I'm an AMD / ATi user, and I don't get this lag. Wait, that's not true. I got it back when I played on my Intel Pentium 4 based Dell PC, which was a POS anyway.

Wishing an entire company to go out of business, and even more people losing their jobs in a bad economy just because you get a little bit of lag in one of their games is rather selfish and petty, don't you think? Especially when you came to this entire 'conspiracy theory' conclusion on the basis of a few casual conversations.

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083

It's not Turbine, It's AMD/ATI. I used to use AMD/ATI exclusively myself, I got very tired of their lackluster support, inferior products, and general jackassery with trying to update drivers. (Updating ATI drivers is a nightmare, I almost always have to do a full driver wipe and start over and half the time it still doesn't work.)

That being said, with either my old AMD/ATI machine or my new one I just built that uses Intel/nVidia, I never experienced any hitching when I played this game. I'm curious if it has something to do with your driver version for the graphics card? Sometimes, older drivers are better and more stable than new ones, especially for older games!

Sorry you are having such a tough time, hope you can get it to work better.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• ProfGetzProfGetz Member UncommonPosts: 182
    Not really sure why the anger. AMD will always be second fiddle to NVIDIA. For the record, I have NVIDIA Video, and AMD CPU, and still get lags from time to time, shrug.

Every MMORPG is AWESOME, until it's released!
    I don't want a game so much as I want a WORLD!
    --
    o·pin·ion –noun
    1. a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
    2. a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.

• LimitationsLimitations Member UncommonPosts: 85
    LOTRO, has been known with several users, to have performance issues. I can run FFXIV on max settings, on everything, then I run LOTRO, and I will have some serious performance issues. You are raging to hard at Turbine. It's like Rift, it's poorly optimized. That's just my opinion of course.

Who said this won't be perfect after all we know what is right
    And the sounds of bodies clashing is enough to make them cry.
    You know this cannot be perfect even when it is feeling right.
    And the sound of bodies crashing echo through the night.

• angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,258
    Originally posted by DaKurlzz
    LOTRO, has been known with several users, to have performance issues. I can run FFXIV on max settings, on everything, then I run LOTRO, and I will have some serious performance issues. You are raging to hard at Turbine. It's like Rift, it's poorly optimized. That's just my opinion of course.

I run raids on Max in FFXIV:ARR with no problems but put me in some towns from Lotro and I stutter step.

Still a great game and I would just adjust my settings when need be.

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

My system is all AMD(mostly built in 2009 with a newer 6970 vid card).  I did have hitching, but once I went to a solid state game and OS drive, it vanished.

Great point indeed, an SSD (or a neatly defragmented hdd) can help as well, even moreso since after the server transfer Turbine discouraged the usage of the defragmenter tool.
    Originally posted by Reham34
    Originally posted by Torvaldr

It's been pretty common knowledge for years that this game is really intensive on the drive reads. There used to be a program to run it from a USB drive before the advent of a patch that broke it. Now with SSDs the game runs pretty good even on older rigs.

Yeah but if the OP did his research and did this common knowledge fix in one of his 3 builds he would not have any reason to go a verbally explicit rant, and sue Turbine. 

And then we wouldn't have this cozy and fun thread :)

Anyhow, if you're bored with the regular stuttering and small rubberbanding, and want to see the real, heavy-weight lag, the next Hobbit to Isengard event will be tomorrow on Snowbourn, 2:30pm servertime... the lag is so massive usually, on Laurelin (if I remember correctly) in Bree I was rubberbanded from the jail back to the Boar fountain - twice in a row :)

This discussion has been closed.