Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone else skipping ESO and Wildstar ?

12345679»

Comments

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706
    Even though I like ESO from what I played of the beta I probably won't play either again unless they go f2p.
  • evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by ThomasN7
    Perhaps it just isn't my cup of tea and I just find those games very unappealing.  Good luck to those who will be playing those mmos but for the rest of us, what will you be playing instead ?

Wildstar will keep me entertained for a while, but in the long term I am waiting for Everquest Next and Pathfinder.  I need more substantial worlds than either ESO or Wildstar offer to keep me around for long periods of time.

• DaxamarDaxamar Member UncommonPosts: 593

Im not skipping either of them. This is what MMOs are now. There is no new thing in MMOs.

Im also playing Banished, and a few other games. I Hate it when people say. "ill try it when its F2P". Why? If the games not good when its a sub. What makes anyone think itll get any better when its F2P?

They usually get worse when they go cash shops! The F2P thing is just bad. If you cant afford to pay $15 a month, I can understand. Maybe its time for you to get a new hobby?

The part that really bugs me about the F2P thing is why would anyone think that ANY company is making a game if not to make money off that game? F2P model is a big cassh grab. Subs are just a way for them to keep the game goin and still make a good profit on there investment.

We live in interesting times. Lots of games out there to play. Some youll like, others you wont. Just dont expect a free handout for your hobby.

• Dwarfman420Dwarfman420 Member Posts: 207

I will try both when they go f2p.

I am pre-disposed to not liking either.

• OculatusOculatus Member Posts: 29
    I'm skipping both, reason is there is little new, but rather the same stuff I have seen sooooo many times now. I'd rather spend my "gaming" time in GW2 and AO, and ofc good single-player games. I started with AO, and I love that game, I seem to never let it go no matter what :)
  • jimbobfurleyjimbobfurley Member UncommonPosts: 104
    Perhaps it just isn't my cup of tea and I just find those games very unappealing.  Good luck to those who will be playing those mmos but for the rest of us, what will you be playing instead ?

I will be enjoying SWTOR until the autumn when supposedly we should be seeing The Repopulation.  Now *that* is a game worth getting excited for ...

• ScituScitu Member UncommonPosts: 6
    I'm gonna skip both (I tried both betas). I have enough games on steam to keep me occupied, while i'm waiting for Camelot unchained.
  • st3v3b0st3v3b0 Member UncommonPosts: 155
    Yup.  Neither seemed worthy of the box price plus subscription.
  • ResetgunResetgun Member Posts: 471
    I am skipping both for now. I disklike from Wildstar graphics and after playing ESO in beta, it turns out to be another cloned theme park.

"I know I said this was my last post, but you my friend are a idiotic moron." -Shadow4482

• AvulAvul Member Posts: 196

I'm not sure if I'll skip both.

ESO grows on me somehow.. I thought it would be a terrible game. Then I got in the beta last weekend and really enjoyed it. The slower paced (somewhat clunky) combat is fine with me. The graphics are beautiful and I love the fact that it feels very oldschool.. I don't have to look at the map all the time.. I have to speak with people for trading instead of throwing my items in a dumb auction house etc. I didn't try the PVP sadly.. but if it's as good as everybody says.. I'm sold.

WildStar on the other hand.. nah, thanks. I was a fan for 2 years.. then I finally got into the closed beta and what should I say? Even on max level.. it feels bland, tedious and like a WoW 2.0 - been there, done that before a thousand times. No way I'll pay a sub for that.

Elite: Dangerous - Space Exploration & Trading.

• HrothaHrotha Member UncommonPosts: 821

If those games are being launched when the sun is heavily shining outside, I will skip any gaming until we have more darker days here in late Sept. It's like the sun is calling me, I cant stand to live behind drawn curtains anymore - it's disgusting

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by Daxamar

Im not skipping either of them. This is what MMOs are now. There is no new thing in MMOs.

There are lots of new games with some mmo elements. Destiny, Division, .....

• angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,258
    I'll be skipping both and EQ:LandMark/NEXT. None of them really made me want to play them from what I have seen.
  • firegamer31firegamer31 Member UncommonPosts: 26
    good luck then thomas because theres really nothing else coming down the pipe and the current mmos have grown overwhelmingly stale
  • MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596

I gave them both a try, and I'm skipping both.  More of the same, in my opinion, with very simple gameplay models, and nothing for emergent gameplay systems, or social aspects.  I expect a lot more for games releasing in 2014.  I don't doubt there will be an audience for both games; I mean, look at LoL.  All I know is, I expect a lot more from my MMORPG.

ESO in particular is a far, far cry from what I would expect.  I've made some other comments on the site, but the gist of it is, that it's a shallow, soulless husk of a game for me.  The best word to describe it quickly is: SWTOR.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

Originally posted by firegamer31
    good luck then thomas because theres really nothing else coming down the pipe and the current mmos have grown overwhelmingly stale

I take it you don't really follow games much.  There are all kinds of games 'coming down the pipe'.  In addition, your advice is that people should play these games because you think there's nothing else coming out? hahahahaha

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• TondagonTondagon Member Posts: 19
    Originally posted by Xthos

ESO - Tried the first beta, didn't like it....BUT I admit, I didn't get to 10+, where people say it changes, and I had been too busy to play it again on the betas to give that a go, so if they have another beta that I am invited to (been to all of them, so should be), I will try to give it a push and see what the game is like 10+.  As it stand now, no, but could change, not a huge fan of the game controls, but that is what it is.  The crafting stuff sounds promising at least.

Wildstar - Nothing scream out to me as a must buy, and rumors of point/click to move seem a little odd.  I had signup problems to try to get a key, I have them resolved now, so hopefully I will get to try it out and who knows.  I definitely will not buy it if I don't try it, or I will have to wait for a free trial or something. 

So today, yes I am skipping, but that is not 100%.

Whahahahahahah!

Originally posted by MindTrigger

ESO in particular is a far, far cry from what I would expect.  I've made some other comments on the site, but the gist of it is, that it's a shallow, soulless husk of a game for me.  The best word to describe it quickly is: SWTOR.

TOR .. you mean that huge financial success with lots of players enjoying the game?

• BeelzebobbieBeelzebobbie Member UncommonPosts: 430

SKipping both, Never liked skyrim or the rest of them and wildstar is to much wow and wow I stoped playing 5 years ago and won't be starting again.

GW2 is the game for me and will be for a looooooooong time. Maybe I will try everquest next, maybe.

I have tryied both ESO and wildstar and wildstar is really no fun at all (atleast for me) and ESO seems to be a great game just not sub fee great.

Originally posted by nariusseldon

TOR .. you mean that huge financial success with lots of players enjoying the game?

You seem to misunderstand me.  I'm not claiming anything about the 'success' of these games. I'm speaking about what it means to me.  SWTOR was a soulless husk of a game, in my opinion, as is ESO.  The fact that some people see it differently is just fine by me.  Lots of people listen to Miley Cyrus and eat McDonalds death food, but that doesn't mean I will.

Originally posted by Beelzebobbie

SKipping both, Never liked skyrim or the rest of them and wildstar is to much wow and wow I stoped playing 5 years ago and won't be starting again.

Same here .. SKYRIM has too much walking.

Wildstar .. i may take a look when they go F2P.

• KrimzinKrimzin Member UncommonPosts: 687

Originally posted by nariusseldon Originally posted by MindTrigger ESO in particular is a far, far cry from what I would expect.  I've made some other comments on the site, but the gist of it is, that it's a shallow, soulless husk of a game for me.  The best word to describe it quickly is: SWTOR.
    You seem to misunderstand me.  I'm not claiming anything about the 'success' of these games. I'm speaking about what it means to me.  SWTOR was a soulless husk of a game, in my opinion, as is ESO.  The fact that some people see it differently is just fine by me.  Lots of people listen to Miley Cyrus and eat McDonalds death food, but that doesn't mean I will.

Maybe its me, but you seem to have a negative comment about most things.
    Bitterness in life breeds bitterness in everything you do. Try optimism, it goes a lot farther.

Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever

Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station 
    Originally posted by Krimzin

Originally posted by nariusseldon

Originally posted by MindTrigger ESO in particular is a far, far cry from what I would expect.  I've made some other comments on the site, but the gist of it is, that it's a shallow, soulless husk of a game for me.  The best word to describe it quickly is: SWTOR.

Maybe its me, but you seem to have a negative comment about most things.
    Bitterness in life breeds bitterness in everything you do. Try optimism, it goes a lot farther.

I'm not the least bit bitter, my life is fantastic.  I'm here to give feedback, and when I have positive feedback to give, I will.  It's not my fault most of the MMORPG games that release are total garbage. I am adventurer in real life (camping, hiking, Jeeping, etc.) and I couldn't be much happier than I am about those activities, and many more I am into. I write glowing reports elsewhere on the internet.  When there's something (subjectively) good to be written in the MMORPG space for me, I will.