Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Vote: Should we be allowed to skip level grind to play Cyrodil PvP?

13»

Comments

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko RotterdamPosts: 3,845Member Uncommon

I see no reason why anyone should be "forced" to reach level 10 before they are allowed to start PVP.

That said, I suspect that anyone who considers reaching L10 in ESO to be an "insufferable grind" will most likely not be around very long anyways. But even if they burn out before their free 30 days are up, at least ZOS can sell them a box, which is a nice chunk of cash. 

• ArndushArndush Dallas, TXPosts: 303Member
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

Should we be allowed to skip level grind to play Cyrodil PvP?

Seem like a large useless grind simply to unlock PvP aspect of the game.

I understand that PvE is another important aspect of the game, but does it really need to block off the PvP to unlock it?

What if you couldnt play the PvE gameplay until you unlocked a certain rank in PvP? How would you like that?

OP, I voted no. Let me ask you a question, if ZeniMax allowed you to skip all low level content and participate in AvA from level 1, what exactly would you hope to achieve as a lvl 1 player in Cyrodill with no combat abilities? Even though you gain significant buffs in Cyrodill, the reason you have to get to level 10 first is so you can have a few abilities in combat and for newer players to acclimated to the game before taking the plunge in AvA. Personally, I think this is reasonable and prudent policy and I have no problem spending the give or take 10 hours to make it to level 10 before entering AvA Combat.

• alterfenixalterfenix Bielsko-BialaPosts: 343Member Uncommon

I understand that PvE is another important aspect of the game, but does it really need to block off the PvP to unlock it?

What if you couldnt play the PvE gameplay until you unlocked a certain rank in PvP? How would you like that?

it's only 10 levels - not that much really.

Also the very idea od game resolving (in result) totally around RvR reminds me of WAR. As much as RvR there was fun still PvE aspect of the game, even if initially being developed, was abandoned shortly after. Needless to say to what it led (as one of major factors). I think that ZOS has a good balance between those two and there is no need to change that.

• jskeets916jskeets916 Folsom, CAPosts: 154Member
    Originally posted by Deddmeat

Originally posted by jskeets916

Originally posted by Deddmeat  

Originally posted by Dogblaster

Originally posted by nerovipus32 If you feel the game is a grind and want to skip most of the game well you're probably better off playing something else.
    +1
    and another +1  
     If you feel this game has any chance of competing with other MMO's strictly on a PvE front, you're dellusional as like it or not a significant portion of the players are interested at least partially in PvP if not entirely.

Some of us prefer other games for PvE or prefer PvP entirely, regardless don't be mad the devs clearly mean to support both groups of players, including those who find PvE tedious and grindy.  Hence the entire AvA allure

you do know that the larger pb is not even heard from? and a significant number want PvP unlocked after 10 like now.

I put +1 so i fail to see where I was mad at PvP, i can see where you are mad i put +1 to PvP being kept behind lvl 10 though. I never said a thing about the devs either, I know the game is both PvE & PvP, that doesn't mean people need to skip 10 levels just because it takes time. It's a MMO for gods sake, the clue to 'takes time' should be in the MMORPG

Who cares which pb is larger quite frankly?

The entire post that was "+1" indicated if you felt the game was a grind it was "not for you" and you should skip it.

Clearly a group exists that is not interestedin PvE and vice versa.  A grind is subjective, for example i find PvE activities to be motonous and boring in a game such as this, while another player might find engaging in PvP via AvA to be the same.  They could argue what i enjoy as a "grind", yet your point is still completely silly to incite one group to "leave the game" for not enjoying an aspect they are not interested in the first place.

OP gave a perfect example when they asked if PvE players would PvP til lvl 10 before having access to their preferred content.

In the end, your comment about 'takes time' makes absolutely no sense.  The #1 most logged hours in an online game is LoL.  More time than any other and the players are engaging in PvP.  Time is not a measure of if something feels grindy, it is the redundancy and lack of stimulation that merits this qualification.

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Algo Star SystemPosts: 647Member Uncommon

I think it is needed for various reasons.  Playing PvP the 2 things that bother me the most is:

1. Players who hop into WvW or PvP with no gear no skills and act as fodder. Then complain and push for unneeded nerfs due to their own ignorance of the game and its systems.
    2. Opposing factions who create alts, to f#%k over rival factions

Having the filter there puts a buffer in front of both issues. Players looking to be apart of PvP long term should respect the small time gate put there to give things a little bit of integrity.
  • hulgarhulgar madridPosts: 93Member
    Someone wants this game to become Darkfall...
    This is not a pvp only game
  • ThorbrandThorbrand West Palm Beach, FLPosts: 1,198Member

I didn't vote and don't care too but to all the PvPers.

You love to mention DAOC while preaching about not wanting to grind before you can PvP! WTF? DAOC had to worst grind before you where allowed to enter into RvR at least it was at launch. Pretty sure it is pretty fluff now. Just saying if you wanted DAOC type game with RvR you would have to grind to lvl 30 before entering PvP so why all the complaints when this is even easier than what you all claim is the best PvP game ever?

Didn't you just get what you all claim you wanted?

• jskeets916jskeets916 Folsom, CAPosts: 154Member
    Originally posted by FlyByKnight

I think it is needed for various reasons.  Playing PvP the 2 things that bother me the most is:

1. Players who hop into WvW or PvP with no gear no skills and act as fodder. Then complain and push for unneeded nerfs due to their own ignorance of the game and its systems.
    2. Opposing factions who create alts, to f#%k over rival factions

Having the filter there puts a buffer in front of both issues. Players looking to be apart of PvP long term should respect the small time gate put there to give things a little bit of integrity.

A very logical and clear reasoning as to the benefit to this time gate as you put it.

Refreshing compared to all the "It's only 10 levels you lazy example of society!" posts from neckbeards who under the same breath can't take a flight of stairs to save their lives (literally).

Good Day 

• coretex666coretex666 PraguePosts: 1,934Member Uncommon

I think you should.

It perfectly fits into MMOs designed around "endgame". Why should players be forced to deal with the RPG part of the game which lasts only for several weeks before they reach "endgame" and "the game really opens up" as developers often claim.

Waiting for L2 EU Classic

• MMOExposedMMOExposed lalal land, DCPosts: 6,255Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by alterfenix

it's only 10 levels - not that much really.

Also the very idea od game resolving (in result) totally around RvR reminds me of WAR. As much as RvR there was fun still PvE aspect of the game, even if initially being developed, was abandoned shortly after. Needless to say to what it led (as one of major factors). I think that ZOS has a good balance between those two and there is no need to change that.

yeah only 10 levels. But inst that a grind of content that is not interested in, in order to get into gameplay that I may enjoy?

Would you like to be forced to grind 10 ranks in PvP before you can play the PvE world?

Same logic. Neither seem fair or fun.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed lalal land, DCPosts: 6,255Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by coretex666

I think you should.

It perfectly fits into MMOs designed around "endgame". Why should players be forced to deal with the RPG part of the game which lasts only for several weeks before they reach "endgame" and "the game really opens up" as developers often claim.

I agree with this as well. Same logic.

• CromicaCromica West Fargo, NDPosts: 657Member Uncommon

I guess they could just let you pvp right after the tutorial.

Personally I don't care because I hated the pvp side of the game. (zerging isnt fun)

• deakondeakon birminghamPosts: 583Member
    I voted no, I do think they should lower the level requirement to 7/8 though
  • deakondeakon birminghamPosts: 583Member
    Originally posted by Cromica

Personally I don't care because I hated the pvp side of the game. (zerging isnt fun)

Then don't join a zerg, there's plenty to do in cyrodiil that doesn't involve a zerg

• CromicaCromica West Fargo, NDPosts: 657Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by deakon
    Originally posted by Cromica

Then don't join a zerg, there's plenty to do in cyrodiil that doesn't involve a zerg

I won't, I will only be going there for the gathering and the pve

• lunatiquezlunatiquez San Fransisco, CAPosts: 381Member

I found this mmo which you pvp lobby lovers may like

http://www.nosgoth.com/

Oh, I remember another one

http://www.tornbanner.com/chivalry/

See?

There are games which can get you straight to pvp. No, those games aren't MOBA nor FPS, but those aren't MMORPG as well.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Stone Mountain, GAPosts: 13,643Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by MMO-Relic
    Originally posted by Loktofeit
    Originally posted by StarI

I'm starting to get disgusted by gamers who are apparently addicted to MMORPGs (got to play them all) but want to skip half of the reason why these games are called MMORPGs in the first place. Too impatient and too bored as to not be able to follow story for 10-20 levels (level grind, are you kidding?), let alone read some of it. Read?! Am I mad?! I know right. MOBA generation at best...

I don't think it's impatience and boredom in a situation like this. The PVP is a whole different game. IMO, Guild Wars did it right. The people that wanted to play for the PvP could skip the PvE and go straight to PvP. There's no reason to make someone wade through (and pay monthly to do so) a bunch of unrelated content they don't want just to get the the content they bought the game for. 

Of course there is a reason. That's the way they designed the game. This is not a PvP specific game. If you want a game that jumps straight to PvP then head back to LoL.

I play EVE, MO and Puzzle Pirates. Was able to jump straight into PVP in all of them. Play something other than WOW clones and you will see there's more than one way to make an MMO. 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• will75will75 Fatalis,The Combine, SoB... Semi retired, waiting for next big thing.., FLPosts: 353Member

Agreed. i would of tried the pvp this weekend for a few mins, but i knew i had to grind to 10... so i didnt bother to try, could i normally? Sure, but i was busy and just wanted to test the pvp to see if it's a zerg shizfest like gw2 was.Which it seems it is.

So i guess back to waiting on Camelot Unchained who guarantees small man roaming pvp and "zerg" pvp  like DAOC.

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Posts: 2,114Member Uncommon
    Why make players play pve for 10 levels if they don't want to ?
  • AsariashaAsariasha Somewhere inPosts: 218Member Uncommon

I voted no.

In MMORPGs you slip into the role of your character. Leveling and in the end developing your character is a fundamental principle of traditional MMORPGs. Bypassing the process of developing your character would transform an MMORPG into a MOBA and I very much doubt that this is what the majority of players wants.

• Jagwar_FangJagwar_Fang Lexington Park, MDPosts: 262Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Shadanwolf
    Why make players play pve for 10 levels if they don't want to ?

I have a better idea.  Why play the game if you don't like the design? 

• HrothaHrotha -Posts: 821Member

"No" was not involved in ESO PvP yet.

It is a very good idea to skip PvE to get directly into PvP.

13»