Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vote: Should we be allowed to skip level grind to play Cyrodil PvP?

13»

Comments

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967

I think it is needed for various reasons.  Playing PvP the 2 things that bother me the most is:

1. Players who hop into WvW or PvP with no gear no skills and act as fodder. Then complain and push for unneeded nerfs due to their own ignorance of the game and its systems.
    2. Opposing factions who create alts, to f#%k over rival factions

Having the filter there puts a buffer in front of both issues. Players looking to be apart of PvP long term should respect the small time gate put there to give things a little bit of integrity.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • hulgarhulgar Member Posts: 93
    Someone wants this game to become Darkfall...
    This is not a pvp only game
  • ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198

I didn't vote and don't care too but to all the PvPers.

You love to mention DAOC while preaching about not wanting to grind before you can PvP! WTF? DAOC had to worst grind before you where allowed to enter into RvR at least it was at launch. Pretty sure it is pretty fluff now. Just saying if you wanted DAOC type game with RvR you would have to grind to lvl 30 before entering PvP so why all the complaints when this is even easier than what you all claim is the best PvP game ever?

Didn't you just get what you all claim you wanted?

• jskeets916jskeets916 Member Posts: 154
    Originally posted by FlyByKnight

I think it is needed for various reasons.  Playing PvP the 2 things that bother me the most is:

1. Players who hop into WvW or PvP with no gear no skills and act as fodder. Then complain and push for unneeded nerfs due to their own ignorance of the game and its systems.
    2. Opposing factions who create alts, to f#%k over rival factions

Having the filter there puts a buffer in front of both issues. Players looking to be apart of PvP long term should respect the small time gate put there to give things a little bit of integrity.

A very logical and clear reasoning as to the benefit to this time gate as you put it.

Refreshing compared to all the "It's only 10 levels you lazy example of society!" posts from neckbeards who under the same breath can't take a flight of stairs to save their lives (literally).

Good Day 

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Originally posted by alterfenix
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

Should we be allowed to skip level grind to play Cyrodil PvP?

Seem like a large useless grind simply to unlock PvP aspect of the game.

I understand that PvE is another important aspect of the game, but does it really need to block off the PvP to unlock it?

What if you couldnt play the PvE gameplay until you unlocked a certain rank in PvP? How would you like that?

it's only 10 levels - not that much really.

Also the very idea od game resolving (in result) totally around RvR reminds me of WAR. As much as RvR there was fun still PvE aspect of the game, even if initially being developed, was abandoned shortly after. Needless to say to what it led (as one of major factors). I think that ZOS has a good balance between those two and there is no need to change that.

yeah only 10 levels. But inst that a grind of content that is not interested in, in order to get into gameplay that I may enjoy?

Would you like to be forced to grind 10 ranks in PvP before you can play the PvE world?

Same logic. Neither seem fair or fun.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Originally posted by coretex666

I think you should.

It perfectly fits into MMOs designed around "endgame". Why should players be forced to deal with the RPG part of the game which lasts only for several weeks before they reach "endgame" and "the game really opens up" as developers often claim.

I agree with this as well. Same logic.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• CromicaCromica Member UncommonPosts: 657

I guess they could just let you pvp right after the tutorial.

Personally I don't care because I hated the pvp side of the game. (zerging isnt fun)

• deakondeakon Member Posts: 583
    I voted no, I do think they should lower the level requirement to 7/8 though
  • deakondeakon Member Posts: 583
    Originally posted by Cromica

Personally I don't care because I hated the pvp side of the game. (zerging isnt fun)

Then don't join a zerg, there's plenty to do in cyrodiil that doesn't involve a zerg

• CromicaCromica Member UncommonPosts: 657
    Originally posted by deakon
    Originally posted by Cromica

Then don't join a zerg, there's plenty to do in cyrodiil that doesn't involve a zerg

I won't, I will only be going there for the gathering and the pve

• lunatiquezlunatiquez Member UncommonPosts: 381

I found this mmo which you pvp lobby lovers may like

http://www.nosgoth.com/

Oh, I remember another one

http://www.tornbanner.com/chivalry/

See?

There are games which can get you straight to pvp. No, those games aren't MOBA nor FPS, but those aren't MMORPG as well.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by MMO-Relic
    Originally posted by Loktofeit
    Originally posted by StarI

I'm starting to get disgusted by gamers who are apparently addicted to MMORPGs (got to play them all) but want to skip half of the reason why these games are called MMORPGs in the first place. Too impatient and too bored as to not be able to follow story for 10-20 levels (level grind, are you kidding?), let alone read some of it. Read?! Am I mad?! I know right. MOBA generation at best...

I don't think it's impatience and boredom in a situation like this. The PVP is a whole different game. IMO, Guild Wars did it right. The people that wanted to play for the PvP could skip the PvE and go straight to PvP. There's no reason to make someone wade through (and pay monthly to do so) a bunch of unrelated content they don't want just to get the the content they bought the game for. 

Of course there is a reason. That's the way they designed the game. This is not a PvP specific game. If you want a game that jumps straight to PvP then head back to LoL.

I play EVE, MO and Puzzle Pirates. Was able to jump straight into PVP in all of them. Play something other than WOW clones and you will see there's more than one way to make an MMO. 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• will75will75 Member UncommonPosts: 365

Agreed. i would of tried the pvp this weekend for a few mins, but i knew i had to grind to 10... so i didnt bother to try, could i normally? Sure, but i was busy and just wanted to test the pvp to see if it's a zerg shizfest like gw2 was.Which it seems it is.

So i guess back to waiting on Camelot Unchained who guarantees small man roaming pvp and "zerg" pvp  like DAOC.

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    Why make players play pve for 10 levels if they don't want to ?
  • AsariashaAsariasha Member UncommonPosts: 252

I voted no.

In MMORPGs you slip into the role of your character. Leveling and in the end developing your character is a fundamental principle of traditional MMORPGs. Bypassing the process of developing your character would transform an MMORPG into a MOBA and I very much doubt that this is what the majority of players wants.

• Jagwar_FangJagwar_Fang Member UncommonPosts: 264
    Originally posted by Shadanwolf
    Why make players play pve for 10 levels if they don't want to ?

I have a better idea.  Why play the game if you don't like the design? 

• HrothaHrotha Member UncommonPosts: 821
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

Should we be allowed to skip level grind to play Cyrodil PvP?

Seem like a large useless grind simply to unlock PvP aspect of the game.

I understand that PvE is another important aspect of the game, but does it really need to block off the PvP to unlock it?

What if you couldnt play the PvE gameplay until you unlocked a certain rank in PvP? How would you like that?

"No" was not involved in ESO PvP yet.

It is a very good idea to skip PvE to get directly into PvP.