Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMOs purpose? ESO beta didn't cut it.

Years ago (1998) when I played UO, I used my dragon to defend my castle from roaming pvp gank squads. Where can that be done now? 

I don't want quests, raids, or bosses.  Just my own castle and a pet dragon.

Comments

• KrimzinKrimzin Member UncommonPosts: 687

You can have all that and more, including your own pony mount. All this can be yours in the Upcoming Epic Adventure known as My little Pony Online.

Doubt there will be any server congestion issues either=)

Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever

Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station 
  • MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596
    Originally posted by Krimzin

You can have all that and more, including your own pony mount. All this can be yours in the Upcoming Epic Adventure known as My little Pony Online.

Doubt there will be any server congestion issues either=)

Congrats, you are the first person I've ever seen on this site make a signature about their car.  I loled. Also, murder wraps are so 2009. ;)

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by Boradin5011

Years ago (1998) when I played UO, I used my dragon to defend my castle from roaming pvp gank squads. Where can that be done now? 

UO?

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by nariusseldon

UO?

Really Nariusseldon?

Okay i'll bite:

Ultima Online

........rings a bell?

OP: just type Dragon defend your castle and you will get many hits if that's all you are after.....?

• unfilteredJWunfilteredJW Member RarePosts: 388
    Originally posted by Reklaw

UO?

Really Nariusseldon?

Okay i'll bite:

Ultima Online

........rings a bell?

OP: just type Dragon defend your castle and you will get many hits if that's all you are after.....?

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!

I'm a MUDder. I play MUDs.

Current: Dragonrealms

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

bleh  more the years go back the worse the mmorpg have become.

Despite the crappy graphics 15 years ago the worlds were more alive  then they are today.

I really wish ralph koster makes another  mmorpg he knew a thing or two about making worlds seems alive.

• CazNeergCazNeerg Member Posts: 2,198

I don't want quests, raids, or bosses.  Just my own castle and a pet dragon.

I don't know about pet dragons, but Landmark will not only let you have your own castle, it will let you personally design and build it to your specifications.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

Originally posted by hercules

bleh  more the years go back the worse the mmorpg have become.

Despite the crappy graphics 15 years ago the worlds were more alive  then they are today.

I really wish ralph koster makes another  mmorpg he knew a thing or two about making worlds seems alive.

"worse" is subjective. I don't need a "alive world" to have fun. In fact, i prefer the "world" in MMOs don't get in the way of fun and convenience (like no long travel).

There are reasons why ralph koster never made a AAA MMO recently. May be his idea of fun is just out-dated, and not compatible with the audience who want lobby-based solo-MMOs where the companies are catering for.

• BarrikorBarrikor Member UncommonPosts: 373

lobby-based solo-MMOs

Honestly, show me just one single lobby based game that is massively multiplayer (1000+ players in the same world or match)

Originally posted by Barrikor

lobby-based solo-MMOs

Honestly, show me just one single lobby based game that is massively multiplayer (1000+ players in the same world or match)

STO ... you can play the stories solo. You can queue up instances but there are massive number of players in the game, and most of the time, you don't have to do anything with them.

• phluuxphluux Member Posts: 211

That was an amazing story! Can you tell it again?

• laokokolaokoko Member UncommonPosts: 2,004
    you can still go back to play MUD.  You can even create your own MUD.
  • KrimzinKrimzin Member UncommonPosts: 687

Originally posted by MindTrigger
    Originally posted by Krimzin You can have all that and more, including your own pony mount. All this can be yours in the Upcoming Epic Adventure known as My little Pony Online. Doubt there will be any server congestion issues either=)
    Congrats, you are the first person I've ever seen on this site make a signature about their car.  I loled. Also, murder wraps are so 2009. ;)

Glad you like it. When you can afford to make the payments, Ill give you a say in how it looks=)

Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever

Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station