Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

One more beta?

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Den HelderMember Posts: 9,355 Rare

Do you think there will be one more beta?

 

And will it have the build intended for release?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

  • TelondarielTelondariel Ottawa, ONMember Posts: 1,001
    I hope so.  I woke up this morning wanting to play the game again. 

    image
  • jazz.bejazz.be Sint-NiklaasMember Posts: 828 Uncommon

    Doesn't need to for me. I had  a frustrating experience with all the quest bugs. I just wanted to reach lvl 10 so I can test out the PVP zone. I never had so much troubles getting to level 10 before :-)

    That's what BETAs are made for, and I have contributed enough, I'll just wait for release.

  • DignaDigna City, CTMember Posts: 1,994 Uncommon

    No one knows. The .18 version is out there being tested and I would think they would need/want a full stress test for stability testing but maybe they want a magical 'TA DA' unveiling at release. Would have to be pretty damn sure of themselves for that though.

    I tend to think we'll see one in two weeks for a solid test and then they can tweak on the closed server until release.

    Most people FOR the game are already for it and not going to change so I don't see another test as affecting too many to the AGAINST (unless the test was really, really bad).

    Every time I had a mob run through me (or vice versa) I was thinking 'Oh Boy...come on CD!'

     

  • wsoul1wsoul1 Nyack, NYMember Posts: 23 Uncommon
  • LokbergLokberg OlsoMember Posts: 315

    already stated it wasent the last beta test guys.

     

    https://twitter.com/TESOnline

    check 7 hours mark before my post

  • Jagwar_FangJagwar_Fang Lexington Park, MDMember Posts: 264 Uncommon
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    Do you think there will be one more beta?   And will it have the build intended for release?

    It would be nice to have one more with the final build.  I would love to see what the new build has in store and how the fixes have improved the game.  I must say though, that I am actually looking forward to this game and that hasn't happened in a long, long time.

     

    Edit.  Well looks like I type too slowly by the above posts.

  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Den HelderMember Posts: 9,355 Rare
    Originally posted by Digna
    No one knows. The .18 version is out there being tested and I would think they would need/want a full stress test for stability testing but maybe they want a magical 'TA DA' unveiling at release. Would have to be pretty damn sure of themselves for that though. I tend to think we'll see one in two weeks for a solid test and then they can tweak on the closed server until release. Most people FOR the game are already for it and not going to change so I don't see another test as affecting too many to the AGAINST (unless the test was really, really bad). Every time I had a mob run through me (or vice versa) I was thinking 'Oh Boy...come on CD!'  

    The .18 version does not have changes for the biggest problem i see so far..... Its how the instances ruin solo immersion and challenge i. Many of the dungeons that belong to the standard questst, while even giving people reasons not to group...

     

    i hope they change some things, enough solutions have been posted.

    Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

  • KnotwoodKnotwood Missoula, MTMember Posts: 1,103
    They are probably testing it in closed beta because all the people who ran to forums screaming doom and gloom the beta before this one.    They'lll probably get it working good in closed then release it to regular beta afterwards, so they don't have huge doom and gloom screams again. haha it was pretty funny and I know that really gets Nick Konkle going.
  • flguy147flguy147 orlando, FLMember Posts: 410 Uncommon
    I am guessing one more beta in 2 weekends away.  But didn't Wildstar just have back to back beta weekends?  Wonder if ESO would do that.  I can only hope but doubt it.
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Den HelderMember Posts: 9,355 Rare
    Originally posted by flguy147
    I am guessing one more beta in 2 weekends away.  But didn't Wildstar just have back to back beta weekends?  Wonder if ESO would do that.  I can only hope but doubt it.

    Wildstar beta was much smaller scaled...  There where back to back beta weekends but with mostly different players

    Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

  • SovrathSovrath Boston Area, MAMember Posts: 20,752 Epic
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

     

    The .18 version does not have changes for the biggest problem i see so far..... Its how the instances ruin solo immersion and challenge i. Many of the dungeons that belong to the standard questst, while even giving people reasons not to group...

     

    i hope they change some things, enough solutions have been posted.

    It's only a problem if they see it as a problem.

    Maybe they don't care and are insistent that it remain this way. "I" think its' an issue but if they don't then there will be no fix.

Sign In or Register to comment.