Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone else skipping ESO and Wildstar ?

Comments

• handlewithcarehandlewithcare Member Posts: 322

I am buying ESO great game and wild star I will buy if their is nothing else to play,

unfortunately destiny is releasing after ESO and then its ever quest next.

• Drekker17Drekker17 Member Posts: 296

Yes I'm skipping both. I have zero interest in ESO, and Wildstar might have a fun world to explore, but I forget about it within a day. I predict I'm going to skip EQNext too. Landmark I might try out though.

I'm not playing any MMO's currently. 

"Great minds talk about ideas, average minds talk about events, and small minds talk about people." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Americans used to roar like lions for liberty; now we bleat like sheep for security." -Norman Vincent Peale

• timidobservertimidobserver Member UncommonPosts: 246
    For those that are just looking for a new MMO or something to hold them over until something better comes out, it will be hard to skip both. There hasn't been a lot of new and decent MMOs lately. I am pretty tired of GW2, so yeh I'll probably end up playing either ESO or Wildstar. 
  • SonofSethSonofSeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,884

Back to WoW. Until WoD arrives, there will some very cool singleplayer games out there.

Wildstar feels too much like WoW but without the polish, and somehow against all odds manages to look worse (at least to me).

Elder Scrolls, well, I didn't really care much for Skyrim, so the idea of an online version of that holds no interest.

• ShrillyShrilly Member UncommonPosts: 421
    Tried teso i may give it a go havent looked too much into wildstar just something that turns me away from considering it all in all not likely buying or playing either.
  • bakon2bakon2 Member UncommonPosts: 129
    I played the TESO beta since August. It has improved a lot, imho. I tried WS, but I had to quit after about 30-45 minutes. I just could not get into it at all. I did pre-order TESO and plan to play it. I know many people hate the P2P model, but personally I enjoy it. It does keep down on the gold farmers/spammers. And if it something I enjoy then no problem, at least not for me. Will I get 15 bucks a month enjoyment out of it? I think so. I can blow 15 extra bucks at the grocery store buying junk.

• Skooma2Skooma2 Member UncommonPosts: 697

I'm not playing WildStar because I cannot get past the cartoony graphics.

I'm not playing TESO (even though I am a dyed-in-the-wool ES fanatic.)  Why?  These are the reasons:  making pvp/crafting sales intertwined;  pvp only endgame (I don;t count exploring the other areas as endgame);  skill point progression rather than standard TES progression (use abilities and get better at them); classes (a Skyrim no-no, although prior games had it);  and, most importantly for a plethora of TES fans who were looking forward to this - it isn't the equivalent of Skyrim online. 

These issues may have been raised before by many people in many threads, but I am just answering the OP's question.

Hedonismbot: Your latest performance was as delectable as dipping my bottom over and over into a bath of the silkiest oils and creams.

• bakon2bakon2 Member UncommonPosts: 129
    I thought pvp was available at lvl 10.

• CreatorzimCreatorzim Member UncommonPosts: 274
    Everyone is skipping ESO...

• blastermasterblastermaster Member UncommonPosts: 259
    Originally posted by Creatorzim
    Everyone is skipping ESO...

What kind of parent names his child "Everyone"?

• LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    I used to  be really interested in Wildstar and disliked ESO, but now I've lost interest in Wildstar and am wanting to give ESO another try. So I'm playing ESO's beta this weekend and may try another once we actually get the most recent update. Have not yet decided to purchase it, yet. I know Wildstar is likely a few months out so I'm going to keep an eye on it and see if they do anything that makes it more appealing to me, but some of the things I'm not crazy about are probably not things they can change at this point. So I'm giving it a chance, but doubtful. Either way, I won't be playing either of these as seriously as I've played other games.
  • PsYcHoGBRPsYcHoGBR Member UncommonPosts: 482
    I played beta on both these games and I too will give these a miss. Maybe at a later date I might be tempted.
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    I never skip inexpensive entertainment!, even if it sucks for a while. I try and give everything a chance, and I don't see either of these two not being worth the initial fee. 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

Originally posted by loulaki

both have subscription and both are theme park, which doesnt justify the sub. if it was a sandbox ok i see there they need a sub, but a themepark doesnt need it and its not worthy

Isn't it kind of the other way around? A sandbox doesn't have a lot of new content and game updates/changes to pump out every month or every few months because once you have all the systems in place, the players make their own fun, so the cost of upkeep is a lot less. But a themepark has to constantly be updating the game, so they need to pay a lot of people to ensure that stuff actually happens, otherwise their players are going to leave. It seems to me that a themepark has a much higher need for a monthly sub than a sandbox.

Originally posted by Amjoco
    I never skip inexpensive entertainment!, even if it sucks for a while. I try and give everything a chance, and I don't see either of these two not being worth the initial fee. 

This is a good point. Considering how much I pay for tv, $15 a month is super cheap.

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    I got in a beta of both and will not be pre-ordering or buying either at launch.  I will wait a bit and see if I get bored and the price drops to $30 or less after they have been out for a few months.  My opinion is ESO will tank while WS will do ok but no where near 1 mill subs. 
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• KazaraKazara Member UncommonPosts: 1,086

I have ZERO interest in Wildstar because of the over-the-top cartoony graphics, which is the same reason I skipped WoW.

I will be beta testing TESO this weekend with my husband and we both do not have high expectations for the game. We just want to try it for ourselves. The game would have to be rather awesome for us to pre-order, which I doubt it will be from reading the responses here so far. If it is mildly entertaining, then we will wait for it to go F2P to skip the box price.

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592
    Originally posted by Lobotomist

I totally am.

I am done with themepark MMOs. And honestly box price + sub. Thats insane. And for what ?

I have Starbound, Rust ... as sandbox fix while waiting for EQN , Star Citizen, Elite,  Repopulation. And if I want themepark I can always play GW2.

Time of themepark is over

I'm of much the same mind. I'll hope into TSW for new issues, but that's about all I do in terms of themepark games. I'll probably try Star Citizen when it comes out, and I've got my eyes on Wander, but I'm really, really tired of the same generic formula at this point.

<3

• Aliantha_AngelAliantha_Angel Member UncommonPosts: 225
    Skipping Wildstar, spent 5 minutes in beta and it just wasn't appealing to me.  I'm NOT knocking it, I hope it's very successful and makes a happy home for many.
  • meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    I'm skipping both most likely although I'm still slightly considering buying TESO for the AvA. The monthly sub model killed most of my interest in both games since I expect them both to follow the trend of AAA MMOs in recent years of only holding my attention for a month or two then adding a no sub option within a year or two after their populations tank. Given my limited interest in both games I'd rather just wait for that no sub option to be implemented.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• SuperNickSuperNick Member UncommonPosts: 460

Both solid games if you give them a few hours play time.

Let's be honest most people who sit around saying "nope! never playing that!" eventually cave in. They succumb to that boredom and impulse buy the game they swore they never would, then go on forums and deny it. They also deny it has ever happened before too.

• eGumballeGumball Member Posts: 151

May not skip them entirely but won't buy anytime soon.

Both are solid games with decent features directed towards different audiences but there are better options in the market. Neither of them are at the same quality of Guild Wars 2 via release and neither brought the impression that WoW brought 10 years ago. These aren't masterpieces but decent games and therefore rushing isn't really worth it as they may go into a better model, B2P perhaps.

TESO is a pay to play game and still forces you to buy a special edition of the game to get that extra class, a bit too over-confident perhaps considering that the game is at least 5 times less polished than Gw2 during beta.

On the other hand, I am not offending any cause I really believe they are good games. When it comes to P2P vs B2P, it is kinda meh nowadays considering some P2P games have shops as expensive as the one Gw2 have. 

• hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401

I'll give both a year to mature and then consider if they are worth it.

As it stands both are pretty "meh"...

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

I am skipping both.

Though I may play them at a later date. Call me an mmo player launch skeptic, I don't need to be in crowded areas with 50 people competing for 1 mob. I'll take my time like sipping a smooth whiskey.

• ph3n0m73ph3n0m73 Member UncommonPosts: 46
    Originally posted by ThomasN7
    Perhaps it just isn't my cup of tea and I just find those games very unappealing.  Good luck to those who will be playing those mmos but for the rest of us, what will you be playing instead ?

Skipping ESO for sure, felt bored after an hour as for wildstar yet to see what its like myself but will probs skip that too. ESO to me didnt have that wow factor i look for in games sorry to all you fans but i give this a thumbs down.