Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why did the Developers try to deceive us with the fake aim based combat?

2»

Comments

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

-- real time targetting can be done in 2 ways

-> Server side, which is really CPU taxing, and lag sensitive,  on top of that it does not work well with huge amounts of characters in a small part of the world together. This is where Chronicles of Spellborn wasted most of its budget and never got it right

-> Client side, this is what Tabula Rasa did, but if you do things client side, its almost an encouragement for cheeters, aimbots are a special treat in these kind of games..

So basically as with all developer choices it was a trade off between 2 things....

-giving the people the feeling of a real targetting system, while not taxing the servers to much or encouraging the cheaters.

The system worked quite well in GW2, and will probably be the standard for some time.. 

Personally i can live with this system, as long as it allows for this type of fun combat.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

I dont understand the point of that.

Why not just have Tab-Target like it actually is?

Not a knock on the game's other aspects and fun value, but seem to be an insult of our intelligence, as if we wouldn't notice the difference.

Because I want to target with reticule? Because I dont want to spam tab? How is it insult when you CAN tab target in the game? You're trying way too hard to get insulted.

• lunatiquezlunatiquez Member UncommonPosts: 381
    Originally posted by whisperwynd
    Originally posted by inemosz

My point is that the game is still in beta and open for changes/optimizations. If you've been reading the news and the latest PST patch notes, so far they've read the feedbacks and revamped the animations and many other things.

If they can make it better why do you so against it?

If the they make the game better, it'll lead to more players, isn't that a good thing?

Improvements on bugs and clunky animations is always good. Changing things because alot of vocal ppl that 'prefer' a said feature is not always doing the genre a service. 

Saying, however, a game should have this instead of that and post about it with venom in the words is either trolling or indeed fell prey to high expectations not being met. 

I'm not speaking of valid complaints of CTDs (for launches) or broken quests needing fixes, but the run of the mill preferences and then saying 'This game sucks' or 'It'll fail' because it didn't have them. 

Wasted energy IMO. Life's too short to get worked up over game features.

Well, pardon me if my choice of words are considered as venom. This site is my main English learning facility and my vocabulary are still growing in number.

The thing is, they do listen. Some of the complaints are already implemented, such as 1st person mode, any race any faction, animations, etc. And I didn't say anything about 'This game sucks' or 'It'll fail' as I've already pre-ordered and willing to give it a try. 

• HrothaHrotha Member UncommonPosts: 821
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

I dont understand the point of that.

Why not just have Tab-Target like it actually is?

Not a knock on the game's other aspects and fun value, but seem to be an insult of our intelligence, as if we wouldn't notice the difference.

Congratulations on looking behind a game mechanic.

Now to wake you up completely: The world you play in is artificial, it is fantasy. Nothing of this is real and has any meaning outside of the game.

And dont even come up with arguements that a game has meaning that shifts into Real Life. Because it does not. It is within it's frames and it's limitations. And they are so super small that it hurts. It hurts us all at one point and that is why we quit. And we starta gain at another MMO and think we have freedom there, but we forget that this is all men-made and therefor very, very limited.

I suggest exploring life out there and seeking your true origin. This is one of the reasons you came here, not to play videogames. Oh yes maybe it was, to finally understand that they have no meaning.

• whisperwyndwhisperwynd Member UncommonPosts: 1,668
    Originally posted by inemosz

Well, pardon me if my choice of words are considered as venom. This site is my main English learning facility and my vocabulary are still growing in number.

The thing is, they do listen. Some of the complaints are already implemented, such as 1st person mode, any race any faction, animations, etc. And I didn't say anything about 'This game sucks' or 'It'll fail' as I've already pre-ordered and willing to give it a try. 

You misunderstood me. I meant those that say 'This game sucks' for no apparent reason, not aiming the 'venom filled posts' toward you. 

And like I said, just because they listen to the vocal ones doesn't always mean an improvement to the game, just giving in to those that were more 'up in arms'. Those content with how things are seldom come out and voice their happiness.

Again, it was no attack on you. image

• Why did the OP try to deceive us by putting false words in the devs' mouths?

The developers' have always stated this was a soft lock system.  They did not make up soft lock systems.  They have been around for a while.