Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New, need friends to play with...

jphilly25jphilly25 Member Posts: 26
This is, by far, the saddest post I've ever had to write.  I am looking to start playing GW2, but I HATE soloing.  I love grouping and playing with people so...  Is anyone willing to take me into their tight group of friends and battle the fierce enemies/instances/etc that GW2 has to offer.  Be kind in your replies I am very fragile.

Comments

• eliteroelitero Member UncommonPosts: 264
    What's up buddy, PM me your in-game name!
  • BeelzebobbieBeelzebobbie Member UncommonPosts: 430
    What server you on? 'clan hunters on Gandera is always recruting.
  • NaqajNaqaj Member UncommonPosts: 1,673

You'll need to decide whether you want to play in the European region or the North American/International region, and tell us, so we know whether you actually can play with us. You don't have to pick the region you live in, but it's recommended.

You may want to also take this question to reddit.com/r/guildwars2

They are very supportive towards new players over there, and have a lot  of good resources for new players to get a headstart in the game.

Definitely don't go to Gandara, those imbeciles can't even spell the name of their server correctly ;P

Come to Aurora Glade instead!

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    Originally posted by Naqaj

You'll need to decide whether you want to play in the European region or the North American/International region, and tell us, so we know whether you actually can play with us. You don't have to pick the region you live in, but it's recommended.

You may want to also take this question to reddit.com/r/guildwars2

They are very supportive towards new players over there, and have a lot  of good resources for new players to get a headstart in the game.

Definitely don't go to Gandara, those imbeciles can't even spell the name of their server correctly ;P

Come to Aurora Glade instead!

People in Desolation love to farm Gandara imbeciles. :)

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• jphilly25jphilly25 Member Posts: 26
    Thanks for the replies.  I haven't picked a server yet so I'm up for anything.  I really just want a group of people willing to help me out and play together.  I've joined guilds before that claim to group and help their members and it never seems to pan out.  Any other suggestions are very much appreciated.
    Originally posted by jphilly25
    Thanks for the replies.  I haven't picked a server yet so I'm up for anything.  I really just want a group of people willing to help me out and play together.  I've joined guilds before that claim to group and help their members and it never seems to pan out.  Any other suggestions are very much appreciated.

in GW2 you can always change servers for free IF you delete all characters.

You can also guest 2 servers per day from your region.

Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• AqueAque Member Posts: 118

Looking to get into GW2, I'll be starting from lvl 1. Looking to join a group or find someone or people to start with, or have some veterans take me in and teach me haha.

Send me a pm or just reply on the forum if your interested or have questions.

- Have not chose a server yet, will probably play North American region.

- Have no exp in GW2 so not sure how the learning curve is.

- Grouping is a major plus, I get bored soloing.

- Love PVP and PVE content so no big deal either way.

Suggestions welcome! 

• fantasyfreak112fantasyfreak112 Member Posts: 499
    That's the sad reality of GW2, it's a single player game disguised as an MMO.
  • AqueAque Member Posts: 118
    Originally posted by fantasyfreak112

Well, I still want to give it a shot but thanks for your opinion ;)

It is a single player game disguised as an MMO that is criticized for being very zergy...

Originally posted by Aque

Looking to get into GW2, I'll be starting from lvl 1. Looking to join a group or find someone or people to start with, or have some veterans take me in and teach me haha.

Send me a pm or just reply on the forum if your interested or have questions.

- Have not chose a server yet, will probably play North American region.

- Have no exp in GW2 so not sure how the learning curve is.

- Grouping is a major plus, I get bored soloing.

- Love PVP and PVE content so no big deal either way.

Suggestions welcome! 

I think the best way to get into these games is to start with someone you already know and with the down level system plus the fact leveling a character doesn't require a big investment even players that have different rates of play can still play together.

Other than that it will require some work and/or luck to find a guild or a player that is also starting and both of you actually enjoy spending time together.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Only if you limit yourself to solo play. It's available in GW2 to you. But so is group play. 

One thing I have learened about MMORPGs. Your social interaction with others, is entirely on you and you alone. GW2 has provided me one of the best social games of many MMOs since Anarchy Online. But it's because it's what I chose to do.

If you are waiting for a game to give you "real reasons" other than some basic tools to socialize, I'm willing to bet that will backfire.