Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Wait till level 10"?

Comments

• doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858
    Originally posted by greenreen
    Originally posted by doodphace
    Originally posted by Bluewhitehell
    Originally posted by quixadhal...snip

Those statements would make sense only if there wern't MMOs out there with both those things, and I assure you...there are.........as well as the social and charecter progression points you listed.......I think the main quesitong is, why settle for less?

...snip

Read the post I quoted....does he mention any of that? Nope....and snipping the post i quoted doesn't hide it.....he said social interaction and charecter progression only....hence my reply...

I realise you are offended for some unknown reason, but if you are going to quote me to prove some point that I never disagreed with, at least reply with the correct context.

Well this is my package and I'm certain you don't have a game for me that matches this one. I'm with them, animations are low on the scale for me. If you don't consider all the gear, weapon, and skill choices progression what is progression to you?

Why do you feel the need to debate thing I never said or implied? Honestly....please..for the love of god, go read the exchange that you quoted.

He said he plays MMOs for social interaction and charecter progression, not for smooth combat, animations, and good UI. I then stated that there are MMOs out there with smooth combat, good animations, clean UI, as well as social interaction and charecter progression, so why settle for less?

At what point did I say ESO didnt have charecter progression, or care/debate what your total package is????? For all you know, I agree with you...i havent said anything implying otherwise....you need to relax a bit on forums bro lol.

I don't need to do anything but see you define character progression without using skills, gear, or weaponry. Then when we are done with that you can tell me how "ignore, guild functions, and being rewarded for healing" are not related to social interaction.

Why are you talking as if I said ESO didnt have charecter progression or social interaction??.....why are you ignoring every one of my replies?? You need to read...thats R-E-A-D. ESO has TONS of charecter progression and social interaction....why are you still talking as if I EVER implied otherwise????...LMAO This is honestly getting scary :/

Originally posted by artemisentr4
    Originally posted by artemisentr4

What are those MMOs with smooth combat, animations and good UI to you?

Here we go.....

Are you implying that there arn't any? Something tells me that no matter which games I list, someone will argue...I don't see this becoming a healthy exchange in the least, so lets not have it. It has absolutly no bearing on anything.

I was tying to see where you are coming from. What games you like and think have the full package. Not attacking you, just trying to understand you.

Tha doesnt have any bearing on my previous comments, so I would rather not get into that exchance.

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090

If you only play a MMO for animation, UI and smooth combat, then yes you probably shouldn't play it.

If I want good animation I would watch pixar movie, if I want smooth combat I would play a fighting game though. I don't play a MMO to get impressed by animation, UI and crazy combat. I play MMO for character progression and social interaction.

Those statements would make sense only if there wern't MMOs out there with both those things, and I assure you...there are.........as well as the social and charecter progression points you listed.......I think the main quesitong is, why settle for less?

Maybe, but those games might lack other features that ESO excels at, like immersion, environment, exploration and story/lore.  

Originally posted by RebelScum99

If you only play a MMO for animation, UI and smooth combat, then yes you probably shouldn't play it.

If I want good animation I would watch pixar movie, if I want smooth combat I would play a fighting game though. I don't play a MMO to get impressed by animation, UI and crazy combat. I play MMO for character progression and social interaction.

Maybe, but those games might lack other features that ESO excels at, like immersion, environment, exploration and story/lore.  

I'm sure they do. That's not what the poster I quoted said though...

• MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member RarePosts: 689
    the big issue with those who are complaining about ESO is that they were expecting skyrim online. Its not it is an mmo. I spoke to a few hardcore TES fans and they didnt like the game. YET they did not post a bunch of crap about it. The animations are bad. ect ect...honestly i have seen FAR worse animations from games that are less then 2 years old. If you do not like the game then do not play it, Alos we need to keep in mind 99% of the people complaining never had any intrest in buying the game its just the free beta crowed trying to give the game a bad name. ...funny thing is ..its not out yet and i know they got a couple heavy patches they wil be putting in before launch.

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Originally posted by Amjoco
    Originally posted by Ender4

If you don't like a game in the first 10 levels it is extremely unlikely that you are going to like the game. You can go through the early stage and not be sure and discover you love it, but if you honestly dislike those early levels there is most likely something about the game that simply does not appeal to you.

Why? WoW is boring the first 10 levels and look at how popular it is.

Although WoW might be somewhat boring in the first 10 levels, at least you can see the potential, the smoothness, the not so amateur looking animations. You can without a doubt know in the first 10 levels , whether you ll like a game or not.

If you don't like a game in the first 10 levels it is extremely unlikely that you are going to like the game. You can go through the early stage and not be sure and discover you love it, but if you honestly dislike those early levels there is most likely something about the game that simply does not appeal to you.

Not true at all.  

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558

Not true at all.  

Actually, true for a lot of people, most I know, that's for sure.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

...snip

Read the post I quoted....does he mention any of that? Nope....and snipping the post i quoted doesn't hide it.....he said social interaction and charecter progression only....hence my reply...

I realise you are offended for some unknown reason, but if you are going to quote me to prove some point that I never disagreed with, at least reply with the correct context.

Well this is my package and I'm certain you don't have a game for me that matches this one. I'm with them, animations are low on the scale for me. If you don't consider all the gear, weapon, and skill choices progression what is progression to you?

Why do you feel the need to debate thing I never said or implied? Honestly....please..for the love of god, go read the exchange that you quoted.

He said he plays MMOs for social interaction and charecter progression, not for smooth combat, animations, and good UI. I then stated that there are MMOs out there with smooth combat, good animations, clean UI, as well as social interaction and charecter progression, so why settle for less?

At what point did I say ESO didnt have charecter progression, or care/debate what your total package is????? For all you know, I agree with you...i havent said anything implying otherwise....you need to relax a bit on forums bro lol.

I don't need to do anything but see you define character progression without using skills, gear, or weaponry. Then when we are done with that you can tell me how "ignore, guild functions, and being rewarded for healing" are not related to social interaction.

Why are you talking as if I said ESO didnt have charecter progression or social interaction??.....why are you ignoring every one of my replies?? You need to read...thats R-E-A-D. ESO has TONS of charecter progression and social interaction....why are you still talking as if I EVER implied otherwise????...LMAO This is honestly getting scary :/

I don't know what this reading thing is, can you tell me a game where it's animated well so that I can understand it.

And thus, you finally scrolled up and saw that I never said ESO didn't have charecter progression or social interaction, and rather than come clean about your incorrect argumentative assumptions, you respond like a 4 year old. I would expect no less here lol.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by Soki123

Why? WoW is boring the first 10 levels and look at how popular it is.

Although WoW might be somewhat boring in the first 10 levels, at least you can see the potential, the smoothness, the not so amateur looking animations. You can without a doubt know in the first 10 levels , whether you ll like a game or not.

You can? How can you know that if it is your first time playing it. Is it by the amount of scorpid workers you kill or the boars? Is it from the ability to use 3 o4 skills? Maybe the way you have to wait until level 10 to start using the talent tree? I personally don't see what your are speaking about in the animations. Games start out slow and progress for a reason. 

No, if you were to start playing WoW today for the first time you would have the same feeling you would when you first started Rift or any game like it. All game releases are boring the first few levels. We have learned though that if we keep up with them they get better. That is what people are trying to say here about ESO, but it's easier for people like you to give the generic statement Ender4 gave above. 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

...snip

I don't know what this reading thing is, can you tell me a game where it's animated well so that I can understand it.

And thus, you finally scrolled up and saw that I never said ESO didn't have charecter progression or social interaction, and rather than come clean about your incorrect argumentative assumptions, you respond like a 4 year old. I would expect no less here lol.

Au Contraire. I've been trying to explain to you that character progression and social interaction are different in different games. That constitutes what I labeled a package. Since someone cannot receive the same package for those two items from another source and have the things that you consider an upgrade, they cannot take your advice and just find another "on of these" with animation in a different way. If you can't see that then why keep trying to make you understand. You've insulted me twice and been sarcastic, why shouldn't I respond to you with a little fun. I'm not explaining it to you again.

I can't believe that you are still sticking with your false belief that I said ESO didnt have charecter progression or social interaction....this is getting ridiculous...I think I should stop getting baited into this exchange with you lol.

• Yodi2007Yodi2007 Member Posts: 167
    Tried the game and like every other MMO since FFXI, EvE, and WoW are utter GARBAGE! The game is empty, bland and boring worst ES series I've ever played!

Below is where we can disscuss and come up with new ideas for Sandparks!

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/5164689#5164689

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547

Originally posted by SwashBuccaneer
    Why does everyone say to give the game until level 10 before giving up on it?Just curious.  Does the game open up much more or something at this magic level?Don't care about spoilers so answer away. :P

Maybe you should read other threads on this subject first or play to lvl 10 to figure it out. Just saying.....

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

...snip

Au Contraire. I've been trying to explain to you that character progression and social interaction are different in different games. That constitutes what I labeled a package. Since someone cannot receive the same package for those two items from another source and have the things that you consider an upgrade, they cannot take your advice and just find another "on of these" with animation in a different way. If you can't see that then why keep trying to make you understand. You've insulted me twice and been sarcastic, why shouldn't I respond to you with a little fun. I'm not explaining it to you again.

I can't believe that you are still sticking with your false belief that I said ESO didnt have charecter progression or social interaction....this is getting ridiculous...I think I should stop getting baited into this exchange with you lol.

I believe you lost no matter what the debate was. I didn't read the entire string of events, but read her last sentence. /shrug

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

Originally posted by Yodi2007
    Tried the game and like every other MMO since FFXI, EvE, and WoW are utter GARBAGE! The game is empty, bland and boring worst ES series I've ever played!

What does this have to do with the OPs question?

...snip

I believe you lost no matter what the debate was. I didn't read the entire string of events, but read her last sentence. /shrug

/shrug

• MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member RarePosts: 689
    Originally posted by Yodi2007

And this is the problem. People join ESO thinking its going to be skyrim online. ITS NOT EVEN CLOSE! they had to change a lot of things to make it online friendly..imagen if you went to town only to find every npc dead. >> really this is kind of getting old.

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

Originally posted by Soki123

Not true at all.  

Actually, true for a lot of people, most I know, that's for sure.

My guess is those people just quit the game if they don't like how the game feels at the beginning.  Not exactly what I was referencing.  

I've played plenty of games where the opening few levels were dull, and came to love them as the game progressed.  In fact, I'd say most themeparks work this way.  Maybe it's not an ideal model to follow, but that doesn't make it any less true.

...snip

/shrug

I read it. You lose. /shrug

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    I pushed through past 10 and it got better, but still not good enough. Dungeons and PvP are a welcome change from the terrible dialogue, questing and courier quests, unfortunately the combat at its core is just boring. The combat animations and spell effects are also incredibly bad. So yeah, does it get better? Sure, if you just want to end the terrible quests, but if you don't like the combat it won't get better.

...snip

/shrug

I read it. You lose. /shrug

Then please quote me where I said ESO didnt have charecter progression or social interaction...this is gonna be good lol

EDIT: Seeing as I know that you can't, i'm off to sleep. Toodles, and sweet dreams ;)

/shrug

• DrDwarfDrDwarf Member Posts: 475

...snip

Why love god ?   He made all the disease and suffering in the world and does NOTHING to alleviate it.

Originally posted by DrDwarf

...snip

Why love god ?   He made all the disease and suffering in the world and does NOTHING to alleviate it.

Fair enough lol