Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Ahh, this game is so refreshing.

2

Comments

  • LatronusLatronus Lexington Park, MDPosts: 692Member
    Originally posted by LisaFlexy22
    Originally posted by Ender4

    Refreshing.

    Talk to NPC, NPC says go here and click this or kill this, follow arrows on screen, repeat.

    This game is dreadful. Bad combat, bad questing, bland world. Sad that the genre has come to this.

    So you're blaming the game for your own decision to walk in a straight line?  Hey guys this game has NO exploration!!  Even though I didn't explore at all or do anything but quest!

    Leave Ender4 alone.   It's not his fault that he cut his teeth on WoW and never got a chance to experience MMOs before that game destroyed the genre.  He's used to his hand being held so cut the chap some slack.

    image
  • kotzkotz lulPosts: 100Member
    Originally posted by Niburu

    refreshing ? What is refreshing about another WoW clone with different skins and models.

     

    Rather play Darkfall which offers a true Open World experience and abit of a  ESO feeling

     

    I was wondering the same thing.

    And no means to communicate in a proper way.. Chat bubbles!

    Another single player game with multiplayer features like: Auction house, Looking for group button, and a chat panel that you hardly use (maybe one time or two times per play session)

     

    Zero ineraction with other players along your path.. Maybe a player saying hi by pressing space two times indication he is saying someting hahaah

  • bcbullybcbully Westland, MIPosts: 8,281Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by CazNeerg
    Originally posted by bcbully
    yeah, I had a bunch of fun today. I rolled Daggerfall this time. I had been Ebonheart. I'm surprised. I enjoyed DF more than EH. 

    That's because Daggerfall > All.

    Blue guys ftw!

  • Ender4Ender4 milwaukee, WIPosts: 2,253Member


    Originally posted by LisaFlexy22

    Originally posted by Ender4 Refreshing. Talk to NPC, NPC says go here and click this or kill this, follow arrows on screen, repeat. This game is dreadful. Bad combat, bad questing, bland world. Sad that the genre has come to this.
    So you're blaming the game for your own decision to walk in a straight line?  Hey guys this game has NO exploration!!  Even though I didn't explore at all or do anything but quest!

    No, I'm blaming the game. I started this beta at level 7 with all level 8 quests. So I said to myself cool I'll go explore around until I hit level 8, perfect chance. There was NOTHING to explore! All of the content was there for quests. I didn't find any hidden dungeons or sites or anything. I found one little path out into the water that led to some structure that had a chest near it and that is it. I proceeded to just keep leveling via the quests at that point and noticed the quests cover 95% of the map.

    This game is not built for exploration at all. It is built to follow the little quest markers around. The only exploration seems to be to find the quest markers that happen to be slightly off of the beaten path and that is it.

  • NiburuNiburu BerlinPosts: 378Member Uncommon

    oh true, its no a WoW clone because in WoW you actually got one world that looks the same for everyone like a massive multiplayer online game and not the 1000 instances and version of the world depending on your progression. 

     

    With players like this its no wonder big publishers can release those games that are not actually an online world with player interaction. 

     

    Cya all 2 month after release when you have played all the content and complain about fortresss circle zerg raiding like in GW2 because you have to farm some points. Well atleast GW2 releases content like mad and has no monthly sub.

     

     

    Edit:

     

    To the guy asking why someone would play an open world PvP game. Its because it gives the gameworld some form of danger and makes the Pve rewarding when you can bank your loot.  Also player interaction matters since you can make friend who dont attack you.

     

    DayZ, Rust, Darkfall and so on have proven there is a market for it.

  • TorvalTorval Oregon CountryPosts: 7,221Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by LisaFlexy22
    Originally posted by DMKano

    OP - its because its a new game.

    Hey there you go OP forget the experience you're describing DMKano has your answer.  It isn't unique at all - just a new game.  :)

    That's pretty much it. It almost always is every time there is a new release. That doesn't mean you can't enjoy the honeymoon period.

  • AvulAvul BerlinPosts: 196Member
    mcrippin.. I totally agree to you. Not just to this thread but to all of your other posts in this forum section. It's surprising because TESO wasn't on my radar so far. The hate on the internet discouraged me in looking in it. Finally I've got a beta key and tried it just for fun. I'm in love.. I think. It's nowhere near a perfect game. But in my opinion the best (MMO)RPG (R-P-G!!!) experience in a long time. I've read many random books, wandered aimlessly around the starter areas and felt totally immersed. No bulky UI all over the screen.. just a minimalistic compass etc. I know that there are many bugs and generally a lot of room for improvement. But for me.. it just feels like the game I wanna play for a long time.

    Elite: Dangerous - Space Exploration & Trading.

  • craftseekercraftseeker kynetonPosts: 845Member Uncommon

    Definitely getting that Morrowind feeling when playing this game.  Unfortunately for me that means having an empty bucket close, something about the graphics/controls induces severe motion sickness in me.

    Quite licking the game although I would like the key binds to be more open to change, particularly that mouse turn thing.

  • free2playfree2play Toronto, ONPosts: 1,868Member Uncommon

    Class as well as nationality/ race. I'm still trying to get that character affinity that I require to get pulled in to a game for more than a few weeks.

    The original objective was to put crafting under some scrutiny but the mats are a bit rare and you can't really do it. I haven't seen hide or hair of a dwarf thing to make second upgrade and I haven't even gotten enough green to 100% an upgrade yet. I did make a full set of armor but to have a character running around in legendary level 5? I'm not even really sure it would be useful, more of an epeen thing because my full white con set had me over cap in armor points. So even having a character at level 5 in full green gear could be seen as less than practical due to diminishing returns.

     

    Still, to keep it optimistic I would describe ESO with "more than meets the eye".

     

    Stupid little things that drive me crazy? That crease in the butt. Because most of your time is spent looking at the back of your character in third, that crease just drives me up the wall. It's like she sat on a skill saw.

     

    I'm also getting an interface glitch and need to log out a lot. Quests, crafting, dialogue. My character will break in and then won't break out when you say 'goodbye' for example and I am forced to log off to get back to the game.

  • RebelScum99RebelScum99 Mesa, AZPosts: 1,090Member
    Originally posted by Ender4

    This game is not built for exploration at all. It is built to follow the little quest markers around. The only exploration seems to be to find the quest markers that happen to be slightly off of the beaten path and that is it.

    Wrong on so many levels.  

  • RebelScum99RebelScum99 Mesa, AZPosts: 1,090Member
    Originally posted by Niburu

     

    DayZ, Rust, Darkfall and so on have proven there is a market for it.

    Yes, they sure have, as evidenced by the countless people playing those games.  

     

     

  • SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Lancaster, UKPosts: 2,141Member Uncommon
    I was on the fence as I've never played Elder Scrolls but having played a few hours yesterday and today I like it. Will play a few more hours and if I still like it will probably pre-order.  Combat is a nice change from tab targetting. I can run around and gather bugs... and the crafting isn't too bad either, once I figured out how to smelt iron!!
  • keithiankeithian Los Angeles, CAPosts: 3,042Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by CazNeerg
    Originally posted by bcbully
    yeah, I had a bunch of fun today. I rolled Daggerfall this time. I had been Ebonheart. I'm surprised. I enjoyed DF more than EH. 

    That's because Daggerfall > All.

    I prefer Daggerfall once you get past the 2nd starter island. Its weird. I liked the first starter island, but by the 2nd it just felt WAY too linear. That might have also been caused by phasing issues with the Mega Server and quests that were bugged that you couldn't complete to move to Daggerfall without people realizing you had to close the app and relogin to hopefully allow you to progress. I had two quests where that happened on the 2nd island, none of the 1st island, and I was so happy when I finally got to Daggerfall lol. Such a beautiful and appropriate entrance to that area :-). Just loved the whole feel of it.

    There Is Always Hope!

  • SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Lancaster, UKPosts: 2,141Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Niburu

    oh true, its no a WoW clone because in WoW you actually got one world that looks the same for everyone like a massive multiplayer online game and not the 1000 instances and version of the world depending on your progression. 

     

    WoW does exactly the same thing, specifically Cataclysm xpac.

  • blastermasterblastermaster Cap-aux-Meules, QCPosts: 149Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by free2play

    I'm also getting an interface glitch and need to log out a lot. Quests, crafting, dialogue. My character will break in and then won't break out when you say 'goodbye' for example and I am forced to log off to get back to the game.

    Side note : No need to log out for this one, either do /reloadui  or just hit the email panel key ( ' ) .

    This will bring you out of the dialog then.

  • Originally posted by Niburu

    oh true, its no a WoW clone because in WoW you actually got one world that looks the same for everyone like a massive multiplayer online game and not the 1000 instances and version of the world depending on your progression. 

     

    With players like this its no wonder big publishers can release those games that are not actually an online world with player interaction. 

     

    Cya all 2 month after release when you have played all the content and complain about fortresss circle zerg raiding like in GW2 because you have to farm some points. Well atleast GW2 releases content like mad and has no monthly sub.

     

     

    Edit:

     

    To the guy asking why someone would play an open world PvP game. Its because it gives the gameworld some form of danger and makes the Pve rewarding when you can bank your loot.  Also player interaction matters since you can make friend who dont attack you.

     

    DayZ, Rust, Darkfall and so on have proven there is a market for it.

    You do realize that there's parts in WoW where the phasing does the same thing, right?  Off of the top of my head; Redridge Mountains post cataclysm and parts of Northrend.

  • TalemireTalemire Clearwater, FLPosts: 756Member
    Originally posted by mcrippins

    So I've played (very little) in a few betas. More or less to test out the classes. I knew I liked the game, but purposely didn't play much as to save as much content as possible for launch. To be honest, I hadn't really enjoyed most of the classes very much up until today. Finally found my class! Upon doing so, I didn't realize how much I had been playing. Looked down at the clock, and realized it had been 3 hours. Damnit!

     

    I seem to keep getting lost in all the content. I started off doing a quest, and the next thing I know i'm fishing. Simply because I read a book that randomly said a rare type of fish was in these waters. Then I quickly realized that I actually just read some random book in a game. I never do that. I always ignore these things. Glad I didn't! Which got me to stop and read everything. Checking every little nook and cranny. Randomly crafting here and there. I love it. So far an excellent game, and I absolutely can't wait for the official launch! Hope you all are enjoying it as much as I am.

    In the same boat as far as play time. I don't want to get all into the quests and story right now either. I'm just in it to get my feet wet and to see what's what and how it goes. Honestly man, I'm reading all these negative Nancy posts and I really don't understand them. Personally, this is the best MMORPG I've played yet. The combat is sweet, the environment draws you in, and with just those two characteristics alone, I hardly even feel a speed bump going over some of the issues the game does have, which I'm sure will be dealt with upon release if not a bit after.

    It's like as soon as somebody does something new and different, everyone hates it lol. Often leaves me wondering just what some people want in an MMORPG. I mean well when I say this, but hopefully at least Wildstar can cater to the WoW 2.0 crowd so that we don't have to hear it.

    ------------------------------
    MMORPGs are great to look forward to after a hard day of work, but heaven is the ultimate reward for those who live Christ-like.

    image
  • mcrippinsmcrippins Dallas, TXPosts: 1,070Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Talemire
    Originally posted by mcrippins

    So I've played (very little) in a few betas. More or less to test out the classes. I knew I liked the game, but purposely didn't play much as to save as much content as possible for launch. To be honest, I hadn't really enjoyed most of the classes very much up until today. Finally found my class! Upon doing so, I didn't realize how much I had been playing. Looked down at the clock, and realized it had been 3 hours. Damnit!

     

    I seem to keep getting lost in all the content. I started off doing a quest, and the next thing I know i'm fishing. Simply because I read a book that randomly said a rare type of fish was in these waters. Then I quickly realized that I actually just read some random book in a game. I never do that. I always ignore these things. Glad I didn't! Which got me to stop and read everything. Checking every little nook and cranny. Randomly crafting here and there. I love it. So far an excellent game, and I absolutely can't wait for the official launch! Hope you all are enjoying it as much as I am.

    In the same boat as far as play time. I don't want to get all into the quests and story right now either. I'm just in it to get my feet wet and to see what's what and how it goes. Honestly man, I'm reading all these negative Nancy posts and I really don't understand them. Personally, this is the best MMORPG I've played yet. The combat is sweet, the environment draws you in, and with just those two characteristics alone, I hardly even feel a speed bump going over some of the issues the game does have, which I'm sure will be dealt with upon release if not a bit after.

    It's like as soon as somebody does something new and different, everyone hates it lol. Often leaves me wondering just what some people want in an MMORPG. I mean well when I say this, but hopefully at least Wildstar can cater to the WoW 2.0 crowd so that we don't have to hear it.

    Well said. I honestly can't figure it out either. Games have bugs. It happens. I haven't seen a single one that I would consider to be game breaking. In fact, everything seems to be running quite smoothly. It seems there is a crowd that needs a certain level of instant gratification coupled along with high expectations. They expect games to have the content level of WoW (post vanilla) and hook them in immediately. There is no opportunity to allow the game to grow on them. I can't bring myself to say that there's nothing wrong with this. Simply because it can often effect the development process of games in general.

     

    I feel like Zenimax is actually filtering through the vocal minority to find things that will actually positively change the game, instead of just catering/bending to their will. So props to them for doing so. And the bugs/changes that don't get squashed yet, will most likely be resolved in the future. Sometimes it feels like people forget this is a beta. There will be problems. There will be things that aren't fully polished. This will even be the case at launch. There will most likely be login server issues/lag on day 1 of official launch, and maybe even early access. Yet, there will most likely be a huge amount of forum threads complaining about this very thing. The nature of the beast! Meanwhile, we'll be enjoying the game! image

  • BluewhitehellBluewhitehell LondonPosts: 66Member
    Originally posted by Niburu

    DayZ, Rust, Darkfall and so on have proven there is a market for it.

     

     

    *A very small market that isn't going to sustain a game cost 100M~200M to make

     

  • rafalex007rafalex007 dubaiPosts: 244Member
    i think i was wrong sorry but this game is A DAYZ CLONE image
  • ProblemProblem Bedford, OHPosts: 71Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by rafalex007
    i think i was wrong sorry but this game is A DAYZ CLONE image

     What are you talking about?! It's a Battlefield 4 clone!

    Citizen: Preach your filth elsewhere!

  • time007time007 Houston, TXPosts: 492Member Uncommon

    I feel the same as the OP.  I get a lot of immersion out of reading the journals and novels.  The game's pace is great. 

     

     

    image
  • rafalex007rafalex007 dubaiPosts: 244Member
    Originally posted by Problem
    Originally posted by rafalex007
    i think i was wrong sorry but this game is A DAYZ CLONE image

     What are you talking about?! It's a Battlefield 4 clone!

    at least this one is working :P

  • eAzydamaneAzydaman UmeaPosts: 218Member
    Nope the game is terrible for me. I despise story driven MMO's. I always skip everything text related in an MMO. Glad everyone else is enjoying it, the PVP is unplayable ATM because of massive lag so can't even try that out. It's a shame....
  • AcidonAcidon Salem, ORPosts: 797Member
    Originally posted by Jockan
    Originally posted by mcrippins
    Originally posted by Niburu

    refreshing ? What is refreshing about another WoW clone with different skins and models.

     

    Rather play Darkfall which offers a true Open World experience and abit of a  ESO feeling

    First of all, I played Darkfall. Didn't enjoy it one bit. Looks great on paper, and I felt it was poorly executed. For what it's worth - I grew up on games that Darkfall attempted to mimic. UO was my favorite MMO experience so far.

     

    Second, this is not even close to a WoW clone. I'm saying that as a person who has tested about 100 games I would consider WoW clones. This is the first game I have truly gotten lost in, in years. The PvP that I have seen absolutely reminds me of DAoC. Which I am really looking forward to. This is not a linear game either. Some elements might be slightly linear, but for the most part, exploration is 100% worth it. If you try to play this game going from Point A to Point B, you will simply miss out on content. I doubt you will be satisfied with this answer, but now you have one. 

     

    image

     

    image

    Playing: H1Z1, The Crew, Defiance, APB:Reloaded
    Mourning: World of Darkness, Vanguard, City of Heroes


    image


    My Humble MMO Blog:
    http://mmogasm.blogspot.com


    Free, Clean & Safe Quality of Life Software:
    http://www.acidonsolutions.com

2
Sign In or Register to comment.