Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

controls

lovebuglovebug Member UncommonPosts: 260

dont like the control setup one bit pressing keys 1 to 5 etc for skills is there a way to use mouse interact with ya hot bar

has it is i might get this for the ps4 think a pad will work better for me not into pressing keys for skills like the eq2 set up better.

Comments

• TechnohicTechnohic Member Posts: 148

What do you mean for using the mouse?  you want to click?  Or are you talking like for a Naga or other mouse with extra buttons?

I don't know if you can actually click since you need to aim with your mouse, but there was a key that would give you a free cursor.  I can't remember off the top of my head which it was.  

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141

Since you aim with your mouse cursor you would be shooting your feet every time you clicked the hot bar.

I think what your asking is for Zenimax to change ESO into  a tab targeted game.  Is that it?

• GaeluianGaeluian Member UncommonPosts: 114
    You can use your mouse, you just need to adjust the key maps in the Controls menu.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

I have to say that I use a razer naga and it makes controlling these types of games much easier.

Having said that I understand why some players might not want to buy a new peripheral for every game they buy.

You might be able to map your hotbar to more convenient keys.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • TalemireTalemire Member UncommonPosts: 839
    Remap your keys. You can easily work around the commands.
    Isaiah 41:10
  • FandinFandin Member UncommonPosts: 55
    Originally posted by goboygo

I think what your asking is for Zenimax to change ESO into  a tab targeted game.  Is that it?

It already is...

What you see is a layer on top of a tab target. You "aim" and the game takes what your cross hair is pointing at as your target, and just changes it as you go over a new target. Like a auto tab, I guess. Which I prefer over other MMO controls myself. I think it would take away from the game to implement any type of perma mouse unlock and tab target only.

• KonfessKonfess Member RarePosts: 1,667
    Originally posted by Fandin

It already is...

What you see is a layer on top of a tab target. You "aim" and the game takes what your cross hair is pointing at as your target, and just changes it as you go over a new target. Like a auto tab, I guess. Which I prefer over other MMO controls myself. I think it would take away from the game to implement any type of perma mouse unlock and tab target only.

I am so glad you realized this is what is going on.  I have had to arguments with east coast friend about this today, and I still haven't made it in yet.

Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.
    Even telemarketers wouldn't think that.
    It costs money to play.  Therefore P2W.

• deakondeakon Member Posts: 583
    Originally posted by Konfess

It already is...

I am so glad you realized this is what is going on.  I have had to arguments with east coast friend about this today, and I still haven't made it in yet.

But that isn't how it works, you can tab target yes but your spells wont hit that target if you don't aim at them regardless of whether or not you have them selected through tab. Tab target only works if mobs/players are stacked on top of each otherwise it doesn't do anything at all apart from put a white box around that target

• FandinFandin Member UncommonPosts: 55
    Originally posted by deakon
    Originally posted by Konfess

It already is...

But that isn't how it works, you can tab target yes but your spells wont hit that target if you don't aim at them regardless of whether or not you have them selected through tab. Tab target only works if mobs/players are stacked on top of each otherwise it doesn't do anything at all apart from put a white box around that target

Yeah, they do. I usually open with tab+hotkey out of habit. It's the same as every other MMO it just has a neat new filter over top. I've been doing it all afternoon without my cross hair being anywhere near the target I want.

Edit: You are right on the point of your basic weapon attack and block however. Those are bound to having the cross hair over the target and clicking.

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    The easiest way to target certainly is using reticle and tab together. It's still reliant on los for the most part of toggling through overlapping mobs is far easier using both methods.

You stay sassy!

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072
    Originally posted by lovebug

dont like the control setup one bit pressing keys 1 to 5 etc for skills is there a way to use mouse interact with ya hot bar

has it is i might get this for the ps4 think a pad will work better for me not into pressing keys for skills like the eq2 set up better.

Just remap your keys. It's the first thing I always do when I start a mmorpg, I have combat abilities around wasd, and consumables + buffs on 1-6. If you are saying that you want to click on the abilities on hotbar, all I have to say is it's not 2004 anymore, L2hotkey, seriously, makes the game more fun and more comfortable to handle.

• Why anyone would want to click instead of using convenient hotkeys is beyond me.

• ImperialSunImperialSun Member Posts: 212

It already is...

Wait...what?

So this really IS a standard tab target MMORPG with some smoke and mirrors to give the illusion of being truly free look / manual aim based?

pfffft there goes another specific usp of this game....just like all the other promises the devs have failed to deliver on or completely lied about to start with :(

Driz