Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Transformers Universe: First Two Bots Revealed

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Jagex, in keeping with the promise to reveal more information, has revealed the first two bots for its forthcoming MOTA (massively online, tactical action game, Transformers Universe. Meltdown on the Autobots site and Duststorm on the Decepticons site are both featured on the TU site.

You can check each of these bad boys out in the following videos:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• MazingerZMazingerZ Member UncommonPosts: 52
    Big concern is I haven't seen any bots with flight modes... We want Transformers, not GoBots.
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Well seeing as it is a MOBA i am not sure how well flying would work as anything but a cosmetic feature.

But i am sure that it will be in, some of the most iconic characters are fliers in one capacity or another.

This have been a good conversation

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

Wow lol

2 or 3 years ago they were advertising this game big time at Gamescom. They would do gimmicks like taking a foto of you standing next to an autobot you had to customize yourself etc.

I completely forgot they were making this game.

*edit*

Yeah I asked my friend again and it has been 3 years since they had been advertising and now they are presenting the first 2 playable chars.

I predict a bright future for this game...

Harbinger of Fools
  • bbbb42bbbb42 Member UncommonPosts: 297
    I thought this was going to be an mmo?

• TorcipTorcip Member UncommonPosts: 669
    Originally posted by Dakeru

Wow lol

2 or 3 years ago they were advertising this game big time at Gamescom. They would do gimmicks like taking a foto of you standing next to an autobot you had to customize yourself etc.

I completely forgot they were making this game.

*edit*

Yeah I asked my friend again and it has been 3 years since they had been advertising and now they are presenting the first 2 playable chars.

I predict a bright future for this game...

The problem here is that this game has gone through about 3 different genres. First it was an MMO, then it turned into a MOBA, and now it something different.

going by the stuff they have shown.. it is still a MOBA.

• BrokenSilenceBrokenSilence Member UncommonPosts: 321
    It's kinda not a MOBA from what I've seen.. a little bit here and there come across as it has parts of a MOBA but not really. I guess that's why they are calling it a MOTA. It's like a Tactical Single player and Co-Op MMO from what I've read and seen. I'm still on the fence about the game... I would say if this was just Jagex working on a title it probably wouldn't do that well considering they fell on their face pretty hard when Stellar Dawn got scrapped after putting so much effort into it. With the backing of Hasbro and the Transformers name, I'm sure they aren't going to let Jagex push out something horrible. The game may be good or just ok but I don't think it will be bad to where they won't have a good size community and funds from them. Guess we will see what happens. 

Going by Hasbro´s track-record of Transformers games i am pretty sure they don´t give a flying flappybird about what JageX do or do not put out. If they cared they would have pulled the plug on this mess loooong ago.

Yes i am bitter, thank you for asking. This horrid mess of a game is so far from what once got me interested it actually make me a little bit angry. As luck has it i am not financially invested so i am happy to every now and then shake my fist at them and post snarky remarks on their facebook page.

Would have been nice to have something a bit more... epic.

• Tuga4EverTuga4Ever Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Aren't they Autobots, and what you fly as a Decepticon, i'll be on the ground as a Autobot?????
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

This game does not know what it is.  It is a MOBA, but they are trying to differentiate it from other MOBA's by calling it something else.  More like a marketing ploy than much of a difference.

Until they figure out what they are making I suggest just giving this game a pass.

• mizanyxmizanyx Member Posts: 70
    The gameplay, as shown in the videos, sort of reminds me of SMITE.