Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dragon's Prophet: Big Update, Big Features Added

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Sony Online Entertainment has announced that some big new features have been added to Dragon's Prophet that give players brand new ways to play the game and ways to find out what dragons await collection throughout the game world.

• Dragon Arenas: Using dragons from their Stable, Lair or Dragon Chamber, players can create teams of three dragons to fight against another player's team of dragons. Winners will earn Dragon Runes and bragging rights!

• Dragon Evolution system: Players can now teach their dragons a brand new skill, specific to that dragon family, to further evolve them. As a result, dragons can now have 11 skill slots. 

• Dragon Compendium: Players can see which dragons they have captured and how many types are still out in Auratia waiting to be trained. Collect every dragon possible to earn extra Dragon Runes and Dragon Elements, which can be spent in the Dragon Evolution system. Players will be rewarded for capturing dragons in the same family.

Find out more about each of these specifically on the Dragon's Prophet forum.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• TygranirTygranir Member Posts: 741
    That's.... actually kind of interesting....

SWTOR Referral Bonus!
    Referral link
    7 day subscriber level access
    Returning players get 1 free server transfer

Leveling assistance items given to new player!

See all perks Here

• rmk70rmk70 Member UncommonPosts: 408
    Ugh. I really want to like this game. It has so much potential. It's just so (sometimes painfully) rough around the edges. 
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910

What is wrong with this game it looks good and it even has housing ?

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    I think if this game hadn't been developed for an Asian market it would have been amazing. It has awesome concepts and the combat is really cool. But it doesn't really hit home enough for my western MMO tastes.

• SinfulChrisSinfulChris Member UncommonPosts: 73
    So... its becoming Pokemon?
  • sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    Originally posted by rmk70
    Ugh. I really want to like this game. It has so much potential. It's just so (sometimes painfully) rough around the edges. 

Exactly.  Its so painful to try and play for any extended period of time.

• BrokenSilenceBrokenSilence Member UncommonPosts: 321

I tried this for a short time when it first came out. I believe I heard now that the dragons can be in combat which is kool. My question is do they still limit you to only 2 dragon slots for free?

That was what initially turned me away from the game. I thought all these kool dragons and I can't keep most of them unless I want to pay for slots for them. Seeing how dragons are one of the biggest things about the game it kinda limited you a lot. 2 slot is very very little in this game. When I played originally if they gave say 2 more, making it four that could of worked for me and depending how deep I got into the game I probably would have thrown some money to the game. 

I want to add that I liked the game and have fun for the time I did spend on it..

• TybostTybost Member UncommonPosts: 629
    Too little to late, deleted the game recently ;)
  • mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    Bought a founder's pack for this game. Actually enjoyed the beta. They had some big patch at release, and I simply didn't like it after that. To clarify - Dragon's have been able to fight since day 1 of launch. Although housing wasn't in at the time. Is it in now?
  • DarkEvilHatredDarkEvilHatred Member UncommonPosts: 229

Big updates, big features my butt! Lamest excuse for updates I have ever heard.

How about fixing the game crashing to desktop every 10-15 minutes and all the bugs.

The game has so much potential, but I recently uninstalled it due to the above issues. Had even just put $40 into the game and didn't even want to spend it all before the problems just became too much to overcome.

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Originally posted by bobbyk45248

How about fixing the game crashing to desktop every 10-15 minutes and all the bugs.

The game has so much potential, but I recently uninstalled it due to the above issues. Had even just put $40 into the game and didn't even want to spend it all before the problems just became too much to overcome.

That's my biggest problem with F2P games, you just put 40 dollars into a game  be it good or bad, and it that will barely get you started.  That's the price of your average box which people constantly complain about having to spend, but its the minimum entry point to make a F2P even playable.  But its just a start, people pour that much and more in every month just be competitive.  It makes no sense to me at all.  Yet everyone is screaming for every game to be F2P, so in essence they want every game to cost more than a P2P.  Go figure.

• JJ82JJ82 Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

This game is better played with the Japanese client. It receives far more support, has a ton more players as well. They also do not suffer from the CTDs with Nvidia cards like it does here. Sony is just not giving the support here the game needs.

"People who tell you you’re awesome are useless. No, dangerous.

They are worse than useless because you want to believe them. They will defend you against critiques that are valid. They will seduce you into believing you are done learning, or into thinking that your work is better than it actually is." ~Raph Koster
    http://www.raphkoster.com/2013/10/14/on-getting-criticism/

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Originally posted by bobbyk45248

What game did you play? Sure there are bugs but there isn't any crashing to desktop as far as I have seen and I played it for quite a while. This update sounds great, I hope SOE actually continues support for this game, and doesn't treat it like another wizardry online or vanguard and just forget about it so their other games don't have competition.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

dragons can now evolve!!!!! and learn 1 more skill!!

uh.... hooray?

i hate when companies are this misleading.... thats not fraggin evolution thats jsut learning a new skill >.>

Go play some pokemon and learn about monster evolution lol

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Not worth playing, honestly if you want a good game in my opinion and a Fair Free 2 Play game, Play RIFT, at least with Rift you pay a few dollars to unlock Cosmetic items for your entire account, in Dragons Prophet its like pay for every color you want to unlock, pay for cosmetic armor, Its Pay 2 Enjoy not worth playing to me. Big deal you can add Dragon Evolution and leveling doesn't mean the game is good I have installed 3 times and removed 3 times and just gave up on the game could have been so much more but developers lack of innovation ruined the game for me.