Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'd like to capture some intense RvR action this weekend. Recommendations?

SatariousSatarious Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
I want to record some cool RvR footage this weekend.  Anybody have any recommendations for the best video capture type software (preferably free) that causes little lag?

Comments

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043

I might be wrong but I'd go with a third party like twitch but I don't know if they record for free.

As far as FRAPS or Bandicam, I can't tell the difference in performance. You either have the machine to handle it or you don't. Bandicam seemed to have a better quality of free though.

• SatariousSatarious Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    Originally posted by free2play

I might be wrong but I'd go with a third party like twitch but I don't know if they record for free.

As far as FRAPS or Bandicam, I can't tell the difference in performance. You either have the machine to handle it or you don't. Bandicam seemed to have a better quality of free though.

Awesome!  Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.  I think FRAPS might be worth the $37 registration in order to record indefinitely and without a watermark, but I will wait to see if there are any further comments on this.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,627
    I use CamStudio
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• SilveruneSilverune Member UncommonPosts: 128

Ezvid is good

http://www.ezvid.com/

Really easy to use, great quality, up to 45 mins of recording time with voice over option, and easy upload to youtube.

*You have to record in windowed mode*

Only downside is that is will not let you record ingame sounds but there are plenty of free music tracks to choose from.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

No matter what, if you cant capture at highest ingame graphical settings to full HD, dont even try, capturing at lower settings allways hurts the game..

best way to capture is to use a 2nd device that records directly from your DVI output...  It prevents client lag and gives the best results..   You can use any vcr programm..

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309
    OBS - open broadcaster software - is free and quite excellent.  A friend recommended it and i've been using to make EQ2 vids for about 6 months now.  Very happy with it.

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• ShimmerkatieShimmerkatie Member UncommonPosts: 12

Has anyone used fraps in ESO yet?  I wanted to film some for my guild trailer I was going to make.  I have had absolutely NO issues in any other game with it ever and in TESO for some reason it appears to be recording (the numbers turn red and my LCD on my Logitech tell me it is) but no files are saved in my designated folder. 

I also tried to stream to my channel via OBS and I get nothing, black screen, this is in windowed mode, capturing game and capturing window.

Anyone?

• jazz.bejazz.be Member UncommonPosts: 962

I had good experience with Bandicam. Small file sizes and not to heavy on fps. I had to try different settings to obtain best results.