Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will you be playing WildStar at launch?

Comments

• AvulAvul Member Posts: 196
    Originally posted by Dogblaster
    Originally posted by zelaex
    Nope. Hardcore fan since 2011 but after playing it for some time I'm sure that it isn't my cup of tea. I guess it will have around 250k subs and after a year or so it will go f2p - sadly.

As a hardcore fan, which you claim to be, you would know what the game is about and what it brings. Wildstar is exactly what it said it will be. So ... yea, pretty hardcore fan which dont know about the game :D

I've read a lot of your postings in this section.. I know you love the game but don't be a true fanboy please. I was cheering for the game since the GamesCom 2011 in Cologne. So I was referring to "hardcore" because of the time and the amount of articles I've read since then. I thought Sci-Fi + WildWest + action combat (hellooo Firefly) would be da bomb.

Actually.. the combat system is fine and it was fun to level up to 20. But after 3 chars (lvl 45, lvl 24, lvl 20) I have to say: it's bland and quite mediocre. The questing is 90% pure grinding (either you have to kill 50 creatures or you have to f-click on 50 creatures to give them a medicine and kill them afterwards). At lvl 45 I refused to carry on.. I invested a lot of time in the last months to see if the game fits my style...

For people who like to rush to endgame and don't care about (or even like) stupid and uncreative quests it will be a fun game. Endgame is the typical treadmill. Raiding isn't my cup of tea (I quested these public events with 20 people in a raid group.. and even that was horrible) and the rest feels like World of Warcraft all over again. It's not just the art style.. it's the feeling in general. The areas are underwhelming.. no reason to explore them completely (although you're on the explorer path and wanna do the achievements). The creatures are 80% space bears, space birds, space wolves (well.. you can't tell the difference between a real wolf and a space wolf.. but it has to be a space wolf.. it's planet Nexus!) and so on. The NPCs are just talking heads with no real background.. the immersion lacks in general.

There are many other problems but if you're really interested in the reasons I refuse to play it anymore.. write me a private message. I already wrote a really long thread on the offical forums.. look at it. There were many, many players who upvoted the thread and agreed with my points. Maybe they have the time to change all these flaws.. but I highly doubt it. There are just too many wrong design desicions in my opinion. I'll try ESO this weekend. Wasn't interested at all but maybe it's a more "adult game".

e: Oh I forget the main point: The biggest problem so far is that the game is in no way "hardcore" as they've said. If you like a challenging game which rewards a good player.. go play Demon's Souls or Dark Souls. This game just randomly punishes the player with huge chunks of white damage. You can't see it.. you can't prevent it.. even as a fully geared tank. It's tedious, yes.. but not challenging. The only good and challenging point so far were the dungeons. The boss mechanics are cool.. I'll give you that. But once again.. it just feels like WoW with a GW2-combat style to me. I'm feeling too old for this.

Elite: Dangerous - Space Exploration & Trading.

• redbugredbug Member UncommonPosts: 175
    I don't buy games without trying them first, burned to many times. Tried to get a beta key but it doesn't seem like they want a lot of people to try the game. Maybe I will get a beta key when they stress test who knows. Till then I am Ever Camping the EQN forums.
  • skyline385skyline385 Member Posts: 564
    Originally posted by Dogblaster
    Nope. Hardcore fan since 2011 but after playing it for some time I'm sure that it isn't my cup of tea. I guess it will have around 250k subs and after a year or so it will go f2p - sadly.

As a hardcore fan, which you claim to be, you would know what the game is about and what it brings. Wildstar is exactly what it said it will be. So ... yea, pretty hardcore fan which dont know about the game :D

I've read a lot of your postings in this section.. I know you love the game but don't be a true fanboy please. I was cheering for the game since the GamesCom 2011 in Cologne. So I was referring to "hardcore" because of the time and the amount of articles I've read since then. I thought Sci-Fi + WildWest + action combat (hellooo Firefly) would be da bomb.

Actually.. the combat system is fine and it was fun to level up to 20. But after 3 chars (lvl 45, lvl 24, lvl 20) I have to say: it's bland and quite mediocre. The questing is 90% pure grinding (either you have to kill 50 creatures or you have to f-click on 50 creatures to give them a medicine and kill them afterwards). At lvl 45 I refused to carry on.. I invested a lot of time in the last months to see if the game fits my style...

--------------------------------------------

e: Oh I forget the main point: The biggest problem so far is that the game is in no way "hardcore" as they've said. If you like a challenging game which rewards a good player.. go play Demon's Souls or Dark Souls. This game just randomly punishes the player with huge chunks of white damage. You can't see it.. you can't prevent it.. even as a fully geared tank. It's tedious, yes.. but not challenging. The only good and challenging point so far were the dungeons. The boss mechanics are cool.. I'll give you that. But once again.. it just feels like WoW with a GW2-combat style to me. I'm feeling too old for this.

I definitely agree with these points. The main reason the combat gets boring too soon imo is because of the combination of both Limited Action set having only few viable FOTM skills and no option to change the weapon. It gets boring far too quickly. The weapons themself look very underwhelming. Except for one Stalker wep, i never had the excitement in the game of looking at a weapon. Same goes for armor too. Two of the most important aspect of grinding and playing a MMO felt very underwhelming  to me.

And the quests are way too generic for today's MMO market. It would have worked definitely a few years ago but now it feels too bland. Like you i invested a ton of time as well. I just wish they would improve the questing. They made the leveling slow to stop the endgame rush but then they filled it with generic quests. There are also too many creatures to be killed in those quests. The farthest i went was my Stalker just because i got fed up for being aggro-ed everywhere and the sheer number of creatures i had to kill. Stalker excels at both of these aspects.

• AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550
    Originally posted by skyline385

Interesting how ESO has 81% at YES in its thread but Wildstar has only 45% at YES here.

Even more interesting is that at this point ESO has 180 votes for yes whilst WildStar has 256.

• Originally posted by RebelScum99
    Originally posted by Heavy-armor-warrior

Heck OP asked this same question on the ESO forums, and waaaaay more people are getting ESO at launch.

Not sure why anyone would expect that ESO wouldn't have a bunch more people playing at launch.  Big-name IPs tend to have that effect.  

In red:

So your saying that TESO is just going be popular because its a TES game? If so, your wrong.

Remember a couple months ago when wildstar was at its biggest hype? For TESO the hype is working in reverse. 

• mysticmousemysticmouse Member UncommonPosts: 146

After playing the beta a bit I have decided that it is a well made game, but not the game for me. The colors are way too neon for my taste and I got a mild headache after most sessions . I did enjoy the humor quite a bit and many aspects seemed fun till I tried them.

Again My view is that it's  a well done game but just not my thing.  Good luck and have fun playing!

• autonomausautonomaus Member Posts: 9

Probably not. It's funny wildstar was the game I was expecting to be good, but after playing both ESO and wildstar... well ESO is the easy choice.

Why? Well wildstar is honestly really damn boring.

The combat system is the only highlight really. I do love the aesthetics and the setting/lore is very borderlandish, but it doesn't change the fact that wildstar is a game you've played a thousand times before. The combat system helps but ultimately it doesn't save the game and you're going to be bored out of your mind within a week or two.

• LisaFlexy22LisaFlexy22 Member UncommonPosts: 450
    Originally posted by AzurePrower

Interesting how ESO has 81% at YES in its thread but Wildstar has only 45% at YES here.

Even more interesting is that at this point ESO has 180 votes for yes whilst WildStar has 256.

You know what's even MORE interesting?  That you are trying to make a pitch for Wildstar by saying it has more "yes" votes when you posted the Wildstar poll 3 (almost 4) days earlier than the ESO poll.  We could also say Wildstar has 316 no votes while ESO has only 90.  Interesting indeed. 

AzurePrower ****OP  2/27/14 7:43:31 PM ****

How about you? Will you be playing ESO at launch?

Yes - 71.5%

No - 28.5%

Based on 312 votes.

AzurePrower  **** OP  2/24/14 3:10:13 AM ****

How about you? Will you be playing WildStar at launch?

Yes. - 45.0%

No. - 55.0%

Based on 575 votes.

• Ender4Ender4 Member UncommonPosts: 2,247

If you payed me $60 and $15 a month to play this game I'd still probably say no, one of the worst MMORPG I've ever tried.

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

I'm very open to a positive beta experience turning around my current opinion of Wildstar, but shy of that, no.

It, along with ESO, will go on my list of "MMOs to try when they eventually go F2P" and I'm pretty confident at least one of them will do so with in a year.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398
    Originally posted by autonomaus

Probably not. It's funny wildstar was the game I was expecting to be good, but after playing both ESO and wildstar... well ESO is the easy choice.

Why? Well wildstar is honestly really damn boring.

The combat system is the only highlight really. I do love the aesthetics and the setting/lore is very borderlandish, but it doesn't change the fact that wildstar is a game you've played a thousand times before. The combat system helps but ultimately it doesn't save the game and you're going to be bored out of your mind within a week or two.

My conclusion aswell.

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • Jonas_SGJonas_SG Member UncommonPosts: 475

After playing this weeks beta i can say this:

The world is cartoonish. The gameplay is fun. The character design is childish. The Story is great.

It looks like a good game for kids, and some adults, but it's not a game that i will jump in at launch.

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643
    Originally posted by LisaFlexy22

You know what's even MORE interesting?  That you are trying to make a pitch for Wildstar by saying it has more "yes" votes when you posted the Wildstar poll 3 (almost 4) days earlier than the ESO poll.  We could also say Wildstar has 316 no votes while ESO has only 90.  Interesting indeed. 

Yes - 71.5%

No - 28.5%

Based on 312 votes.

Yes. - 45.0%

No. - 55.0%

Based on 575 votes.

Yeah that's about right.

• AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

Yes - 71.5%

No - 28.5%

Based on 312 votes.

Yes. - 45.0%

No. - 55.0%

Based on 575 votes.

I think you were missing the point and over thinking it. My post was made in response to skyline385 with exactly that in mind. A comparison of the two thread's poll is always going to be inaccurate; due to the time it was posted and the amount of votes submitted.

• ArielyAriely Member Posts: 68
    no idea for now, i have beta acces this weekend but all i get is the 0x00000 error so for now i'm still not sure if i'd like it or not.
  • Alber_gamerAlber_gamer Member UncommonPosts: 588

Solid yes. Nothing else appeals to me in the foreseeable future. 

I'm pretty sick and tired of indie projects that blow up in 15 days to fake free to play models with too much pay-to-win into them, that on top of that, never deliver due to countless bugs and faulty design. 

I want something real, tangible and solid, and for me, right now, that's Wildstar.

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.

• LisaFlexy22LisaFlexy22 Member UncommonPosts: 450

Yes - 71.5%

No - 28.5%

Based on 312 votes.

Yes. - 45.0%

No. - 55.0%

Based on 575 votes.

I think you were missing the point and over thinking it. My post was made in response to skyline385 with exactly that in mind. A comparison of the two thread's poll is always going to be inaccurate; due to the time it was posted and the amount of votes submitted.

haha - sure.  Missed the point and overthought it.  WOOPS

Originally posted by Ghern

Much to my own disappointment the answer is no after playing in this weekends beta.

It just felt as if I had been there and done that before.....a lot.

Strange how things work out. Two months ago. I was all over Wildstar and not so much ESO.

That has completely flipped. I will be playing ESO when it releases.

It is possible that I am getting older and looking for something a little slower paced.

I will say the Chua's animations and movement were awesome.

Absolutely the same for me. I was all over WildStar then played the beta a lot (nearly max level) and now I couldn't care less for this overly traditional carebear MMO. I wasn't interested in TESO because there was so much hate for it. Then I played it on the beta weekends and I'm pretty sure I will either pre-order it or buy it after launch. It's not the perfect game - by far.. but it's immersive, quite "RPG-esk" and I love the slower paced combat. I like it (or maybe I'm just getting old too..). Sorry Carbine!

• angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259

I would have to see if it is just box price or monthly payments. I haven't even looked into the game or its features, I just read various forums with people praising or complaining. 

I would say if it was Free (maybe even with a box price) I would try it out, but if it is monthly I'll pass.

• DigitallyEndowedDigitallyEndowed Member Posts: 125
    Hell no. The questing system is horrendous.
  • hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    i really wanted to like it but after trying it out i was pretty dissapointed..  also not feeling the 60$ + sub thing.. if you're going to have subs then atleast you can lower the game price.

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• 5ubzer05ubzer0 Member UncommonPosts: 72

I was so excited for the release of this game and hoped it would be my next main pvp game. After trying it out and realizing that this game requires you to sink a huge amount of time into pve to stay competitive in pvp, I am out. After lvl 20 you can pretty much forget about leveling through warzones. Then, of course, you'll have to pve for amp drops or farm gold to buy amps via the auction house from pve people and let's not forget about the standard gear grind and elder point farming at max level. They should have named this game Grindstar.

This is going to be 2014's pvp flop and deservedly so. Maybe it's a great game for people who enjoy raiding, crafting and housing, but if you are a pvper save your money.

• ayeshunayeshun Member Posts: 5
    After having experienced the beta, no i will not play at launch. I think I'd rather read a nutrition label on a box of cereal.

• wilqwilq Member UncommonPosts: 144
    I was quite exited for wildstar but after 2 stress tests my exitment passed. I dont know what, but for me there is something wrong with this game. On other hand i got to eso beta this weekend, i downoaded it from curiosity as im never was elder scrolls fan and now im thinking about buying it. I like the looks, i like the combat more than wildstar bunnyhoping one, quests are more interesting, dont know how crafting works and i need to check this large pvp zone too.
    Originally posted by 5ubzer0

They should have named this game Grindstar.

This is going to be 2014's pvp flop and deservedly so. Maybe it's a great game for people who enjoy raiding, crafting and housing, but if you are a pvper save your money.

This. I don't know if it'll be the flop of the year but it's sooo grindy and dull after some time. It really feels like "been there, done that before a thousand times". I never been a fan of raiding so I'll pass. Their housing and crafting is kinda cool and well implemented but the PVE part gets really tedious after some levels. And for me the PVP part was underwhelming as well. I know that you should never judge a game's PVP part without playing in a premade team or together with your guild mates. But in public mode it's a clusterfuck at best. I know there are a lot of people who enjoy it anyways. To each their own I guess. It would be great if both - ESO and WIldStar - succeed.. but so far I'm leaning towards either ESO (it's definitely growing on my after some time) or "pass" on both.