Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will you be playing WildStar at launch?

Comments

• VooDoo_PapaVooDoo_Papa Member UncommonPosts: 897

I'll play it at some point, but after following the game since 2011 very closely and getting to test it out over an extended period of time, im just completely underwhelmed by it and honestly confused where their focus has been the past few years

• VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817
    Originally posted by Vobrias
    Originally posted by Voiidiin
    Originally posted by Annekynn

Yes, will be playing on day 1. The game improves the WoW formula in every aspect. Provided it launches complete, polished and relatively bug free it should advance this style of gameplay over WoW the same way WoW advanced it over EQ1.

This is the reasoning as to why i WILL NOT be getting WS. 

Raid progression.

Vertical gear treadmill.

Over the top telegraphed Boss fights / AOEs (toned down it would be acceptable)

"?" Quest hubs.

Themepark rehash.

2 factions instead of 3 or more.

All in all it is a complete "been there done that" re-do of themeparks. Someone did not tell Carbine that themepark content driven MMO's are the past, not the future.

One could also tell Zenimax that if your going to pick up a  lore based game like ESO you should at least be able to provide lots of feature's and option's,but i suppose both games fall short in some ways ( Eso in mores ways than wild-star).

In no way was my post supporting ESO either, in fact i never even mentioned ESO, which i think is almost as bad at Wild Star.

Lolipops !

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

After playing the BETA I came into conclusion that I'll wait for some endgame reviews before leaping into it.

But who knows maybe I get a moment of boredom and jump in earlier.

It's so similar to WoW that you are constantly comparing those two games.

• MamasGunMamasGun Member Posts: 152

I will definitely be there when I can!  Just got in the Beta Weekend last weekend, hoping to get in again this one!

I don't usually like to Sub for MMO's (I'm just always in constant fear I'll wake up one day and they'll be switched off), but I am so ready to Lifetime my way in Wildstar.  It has everything I've ever been looking for in an MMO, and I can see myself throwing so much time into this game, it's ridiculous. 

Never liked WoW, prefer Fallout to ES (so ESO does absolutely nothing for me), don't care for GW2.... Wildstar is where it's at for me!

Loves: SMITE, WildStar, Project Zomboid, PSO2, DCUO,

Worst Online Communities: WoW/WoD(the OG MMO Trolls), DayZ/WarZ, SMITE/LoL/DOTA, EVE Online, APB
    "I’m ready for
    All the comparisons
    I think it’s dumb and it’s embarrassing
    I’m switching off
    No longer listening
    I’ve had enough of persecution and conditioning
    Maybe it’s instinct- We’re only animal"
    - Lily Allen, Sheezus

Originally posted by gonewild
    and why not play wow which is looking far superior and plays a lot better

Just accept it: Some people just don't like WoW.  I can't speak for everyone, but I've tried WoW multiple times, and I've always walked away bored from it.  Sure, WoW may have done stuff first and sooner, and sure, in it's current 10 yr state, WoW has a lot of content.

But in short- I had more fun playing in Wildstar with weekend than I did everytime I've installed WoW.  WoW, to some people, is just... no.  No no no no no no no no.  If you like WoW, and prefer, good for you.  But telling someone "why not play wow which is looking far superior and plays a lot better", in context of a different game set in a different world with different lore, Is just... it's like saying, "Why play Sonic when Mario has been around longer".  Two different games that share many similarities but draw many different experiences.  That's why some people will be playing Wildstar, and not WoW.

I know it's hard for people to believe, but WoW does nothing for some people.  There's no amount of comparison, or Sub statistics, that will make people just give up Wildstar and play WoW.  WoW isn't for everyone- neither is Wildstar.

Worst Online Communities: WoW/WoD(the OG MMO Trolls), DayZ/WarZ, SMITE/LoL/DOTA, EVE Online, APB
    "I’m ready for
    All the comparisons
    I’m switching off
    No longer listening
    - Lily Allen, Sheezus

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by SickSadWorld
    I don't usually like to Sub for MMO's (I'm just always in constant fear I'll wake up one day and they'll be switched off)

Dont understand why are you in constant fear... lol?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

Originally posted by Nitth

Originally posted by SickSadWorld
    I don't usually like to Sub for MMO's (I'm just always in constant fear I'll wake up one day and they'll be switched off)

Dont understand why are you in constant fear... lol?

Lol- I've always just had this thing about paying out the ass monthly for a game that might be closed down in a week or two.  Case in point- I joined City of Heores right before they closed.  Was subbing and everything.  And then- BAM!  Time to move on.  I'd sub for Champions Online is everytime I logged on it didn't feel like a graveyard. 

Wildstar, though- even when (not if) they go F2P, I'll still sub.  I, personally, think this game will be around for quite sometime. 

"I’m ready for
    All the comparisons
    I’m switching off
    No longer listening
    - Lily Allen, Sheezus

• hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    i really wanted to like it since it had stealth class and it uses fist weapons wich are my favorite melee weapon... but after testing it i did'nt really feel it  =/

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273
    Absolutely not, unfortunately.
  • AvulAvul Member Posts: 196
    Nope. Hardcore fan since 2011 but after playing it for some time I'm sure that it isn't my cup of tea. I guess it will have around 250k subs and after a year or so it will go f2p - sadly.

Elite: Dangerous - Space Exploration & Trading.

• nobloodnoblood Member UncommonPosts: 13
    Definitely i will buy/try this one, can't wait
  • AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550
    I'm amazed by how many came flooding to the site hungry for a beta key.
  • xtravertxtravert Member UncommonPosts: 134
    I have to admit that there's a certain draw for me to be involved in all the excitement and chaos that occurs when a game launches.  I'll probably be there right from the start. :)
  • KeveriKeveri Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Absolutely, I am looking forward to this game alot.

Don't let there be a hole where the fun should be!

• WaidenWaiden Member UncommonPosts: 500
    Originally posted by zelaex
    Nope. Hardcore fan since 2011 but after playing it for some time I'm sure that it isn't my cup of tea. I guess it will have around 250k subs and after a year or so it will go f2p - sadly.

As a hardcore fan, which you claim to be, you would know what the game is about and what it brings. Wildstar is exactly what it said it will be. So ... yea, pretty hardcore fan which dont know about the game :D

• Aliantha_AngelAliantha_Angel Member UncommonPosts: 225
    Will not be playing.  I waited months for a beta key and someone finally gave me one yesterday (thank you!).  I'm not going to knock the game because I'm sure the disconnect is as much my personal tastes as anything else so I'll stick with eso (again, my tastes not yours maybe) and I will wish all of you who do play Wildstar a simply awesome amount of fun!  Games are for fun and many games for many people so no flames, just not for me.  Enjoy whatever you play!
  • thekamshaftthekamshaft Member Posts: 2

I will absolutely be playing at launch. Love the game. So much to do. It's ultimately Space-WoW and thats pretty much the greatest description of any game ever. Telegraph system reminds me of playing SMITE so im all in.

Most anticipated 2014 for me.

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Originally posted by AzurePrower

So been thinking over this weekend that just passed. No particular reason why. ;)

Although not sure how long WildStar will last in the long run. I will be definitely purchasing this game and playing it at launch.

In the long run .... suspect it will come down to destiny. Sorry Destiny.

• ErdaErda Member UncommonPosts: 211

I will be passing on this one.   It just didn't grab me like I thought it would.

I'm sure that it will do very well though.   People seemed to enjoy it quite a bit.

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,381
    Won't play:  Reason ->  NCSoft.

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• DealdrickDealdrick Member UncommonPosts: 85

While I genuinely hope the game succeeds, I will most likely be passing. I love the message coming from the devs, but the game just didn't "grab" me. I have some major doubts regarding the combat system and I don't think a theme park game with text based quests is a step in the proper direction. SWTOR has some major problems, but chapter 2 of the imp agent story alone is worth checking it out.  The combat looks like a whack-a-mole game with all the telegraphs and aiming of your own abilities. I really do hope it does well, I just don't think it's for me.

• Nope.  Was going to then i played TESO. Wildstar,even though i hope it does good, is a....wow clone to me. Wowstar if you will.

Its does keep my attention more than WoW did and i actually enjoy the graphics so i will give it that. Like i said though, TESO is my game.

Heck OP asked this same question on the ESO forums, and waaaaay more people are getting ESO at launch.

Take a look:

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/821/view/forums/post/6213953#6213953

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090
    Originally posted by Heavy-armor-warrior

Heck OP asked this same question on the ESO forums, and waaaaay more people are getting ESO at launch.

Lol, clearly that is significant.  <rollseyes>

Not sure why anyone would expect that ESO wouldn't have a bunch more people playing at launch.  Big-name IPs tend to have that effect.  

Staying power?  Now that's a different story entirely.

• skyline385skyline385 Member Posts: 564

Interesting how ESO has 81% at YES in its thread but Wildstar has only 45% at YES here. Tables have turned completely it seems.

Just to add to the discussion, i got a chance to play both of them and i am gonna go with ESO too. I probably won't even buy Wildstar as i just couldn't find the motivation to play it. And i am not the kind of guy who gives up after 30 mins. I leveled all the 6 classes to level 10 before giving it up completely.

• JedicowboyJedicowboy Member UncommonPosts: 140
    i am sooooo gonna be playing this game at launch.  Some says this is a wow clone or wow is better LMFAO wow doesnt even come close to this game.  WS is ten times better than that WoW POS lol.