Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Albion Online: Classless System Revealed in New Video Diary

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 16,658MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

Albion Online devs have partnered with MMORPG.com to bring the latest video developer blog to our readers in a world-first exclusive. The classless system embodies the motto "you are what you wear". Players can choose traditional classes but also can experiment with combinations such as heavy armor with a staff and spellbook and many others. Check it out and let us know what you think!

Associate Editor: MMORPG.com
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

Comments

• JimmyYOJimmyYO Columbus, OHPosts: 520Member
    With a pvp heavy game like this I predict two or three equipment combinations to rule them all.
  • TsuruTsuru Silverspring, MDPosts: 264Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by JimmyYO
    With a pvp heavy game like this I predict two or three equipment combinations to rule them all.

You say that now, but they have also stated that:

• In Albion Online, your abilities are crafted onto the items you wear.
    • Only certain abilities may be crafted onto certain items.
    Thus just because you are wearing heavy armor while casting spells, you may not have access to some powerful spells because it cant be crafted into heavy armor.

But of course we will never know for sure till we get closer to release.
  • crysentcrysent cedar rapids, IAPosts: 837Member Uncommon
    This game continues to really intrigue me, and seems to  still be mostly flying under the radar.
  • DihoruDihoru ConstantaPosts: 2,731Member
    Originally posted by crysent
    This game continues to really intrigue me, and seems to  still be mostly flying under the radar.

Likely because most people equate cross-platform with shit but I played this game on more than one platform and it works without sacrificing anything on either side.

• SwampDragonsSwampDragons KavlingePosts: 324Member Uncommon
    looking forward for a nice MMORPG that i can play when I am slacking in the couch with the Ipad
  • wangkomwangkom Leesburg, VAPosts: 119Member
    Why was my previous replys deleted ?
  • NitthNitth AustraliaPosts: 3,684Member Uncommon
    And yet, no dual wield... :(

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• BercilakBercilak Albion Online BerlinPosts: 108Member

Dual Wield will be implemented around release, don't worry. But currently we keep the focus on the core game mechanics to make sure that they are a lot of fun, before we start adding more and more items and buildings.

Kind regards,

Stefan