Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please help me run FF14 at maximum performance

Hey everyone,

I just joined this forum and it seems like a sweet place to be. I wanted to ask some of you guys if you could help give me some tips to make FF14 run better on my laptop. Here are the specs:

Dell Precision (m-can't think of exact model. At work and not near laptop)

Core 2 Duo 3.06GHz Processor

NVIDIA Quadro FX 3700m

8GB Ram

160GB HD

I just bought this laptop last week because it seemed like it would be a pretty good gaming machine. I am running everything on low settings and the game is playable, don't get me wrong...but I wanted to know what I could do to make it perform even better. I'm not trying to overclock or get better graphics output but just simply want the game to run the absolute best it can. When I'm in forest areas I encounter some lag. The game runs extremely well when Im in a dungeon or not a dynamic environment. Any tips would be great.

Thanks

Comments

• AppokAppok Member Posts: 20

I'd return that laptop if you can. and buy a desktop tower, or take on a mini project and pick out parts yourself and build it yourself. there are plenty of guides on the internet and youtube to follow.

The Graphics card is very weak, the cpu is also weak and outdated by a couple of years.

Cant really do much to improve the performance when your machine is really outdated.

• TygranirTygranir Member Posts: 741
    My PS4 maxes it out.

SWTOR Referral Bonus!
    Referral link
    7 day subscriber level access
    Returning players get 1 free server transfer

Leveling assistance items given to new player!

See all perks Here

• EricK425EricK425 Member Posts: 2

I unfortunately cannot return the laptop, I could sell it on craigslist I guess. I also own a PS4 and may switch to console when it officially launches.

Considering my system setup, can you provide any advice to maximize performance?

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177
    Originally posted by EricK425

I unfortunately cannot return the laptop, I could sell it on craigslist I guess. I also own a PS4 and may switch to console when it officially launches.

Considering my system setup, can you provide any advice to maximize performance?

Get the PS4 version.

• VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817
    Originally posted by EricK425

Hey everyone,

I just joined this forum and it seems like a sweet place to be. I wanted to ask some of you guys if you could help give me some tips to make FF14 run better on my laptop. Here are the specs:

Dell Precision (m-can't think of exact model. At work and not near laptop)

Core 2 Duo 3.06GHz Processor

NVIDIA Quadro FX 3700m

8GB Ram

160GB HD

I just bought this laptop last week because it seemed like it would be a pretty good gaming machine. I am running everything on low settings and the game is playable, don't get me wrong...but I wanted to know what I could do to make it perform even better. I'm not trying to overclock or get better graphics output but just simply want the game to run the absolute best it can. When I'm in forest areas I encounter some lag. The game runs extremely well when Im in a dungeon or not a dynamic environment. Any tips would be great.

Thanks

Really not sure how this setup screamed "Gaming rig" but that laptop really is not going to play most games that were released in 2013, and certainly not FF14 let alone anything close to max. FF14 was made for new computers, or the PS4. For the money i would just hook up a PS4 to a nice computer monitor and then get a decent usb mouse and keyboard (assuming that mouse and Keyboard will work on release of the PS4 version). 

Really for this game the cheapest way to play it on a decent rig will be on the PS4, otherwise i would be looking to invest in an 1100.00 tower, Laptops are soo limiting when it comes to computer gaming, really hard to upgrade compared to a desktop.

Goodluck to what you do choose to do, but yeah the PS4 version seems the least expensive of the options.

Lolipops !

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355

That's not a gaming machine at all, whether good or otherwise.  Quadro is Nvidia's professional graphics line, and the drivers aren't optimized for gaming.

Is your question exactly which settings you ought to turn down to make the game run well?