Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What used to be. or A Great MMO

MagiknightMagiknight Member CommonPosts: 782

FFXI NoName:

This is My Story:

Legendary Guild "Phank" playing FFXI:

Failing was Normal in FFXI:

FFXI had a good story:

Fan made video of a typical day in FFXI:

Comments

• Cellarkid88Cellarkid88 Member UncommonPosts: 56

In a nutshell:

I miss it as much as you do. Raising the levelcap in a game where horizontal gear progression was a valid option is a death sentence. Today FFXI has that stupid ItemLevel-crap that killed the game for me.

If they would offer me a new server with 75 cap and no abyssea or adoulin I would uninstall everything on my harddisk for this holy piece of MMO and start anew.

Winning a discussion is not what it's about. If you could pass insight to someone or learn something from it in return - noone can really loose, can they?

• MagiknightMagiknight Member CommonPosts: 782
    Originally posted by Cellarkid88

In a nutshell:

I miss it as much as you do. Raising the levelcap in a game where horizontal gear progression was a valid option is a death sentence. Today FFXI has that stupid ItemLevel-crap that killed the game for me.

If they would offer me a new server with 75 cap and no abyssea or adoulin I would uninstall everything on my harddisk for this holy piece of MMO and start anew.

Yeah a official legacy sever would be nice.

• Calintz333Calintz333 Member UncommonPosts: 1,193
    I may not have played this game non stop for 10 years like other people did. I however did ALWAYS want to return to FFXI during summer months. The reason I didn't used to play year round is because of the time it used to take to get things done. I didn't mind though ... It was putting in the work to get something. I was fine with only playing 3-4 months per year. Now a player can play every day of the year and get things done quickly. At the same time by 1. raising level caps 2. adding Abby and making leveling faster 3. horizontal gear progression all killed the game for me. SE should have simply stopped at the level sync feature and continued to focus on the "journey" and not the destination .... which was FFXI's definitive and unique feature up until they raised the level cap.
  • AliothAlioth Member UncommonPosts: 236
    Originally posted by Cellarkid88

Me too!