Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2.0.1 Discussion- What do you think?

BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

It's so, so good...

Feels so much more like the console version, which was (up until now) much better.

I NEVER had an epic drop in all my time playing D3 on PC even running Inferno and Inferno +1 loot runs.

Got a beautiful epic ring in the first hour of playing Act 1 on Torment +1 in 2.0.1.

Replaced every AH bought epic I had (full character sheet) with dropped Rares in a few hours.

New class changes are beast, my Monk feels like he's in a REAL good place. Gaining tons of Paragon levels quite quickly, started at 5 and got up to 9 in a few hours.

Torment +1 was doable, but my DPS wasn't quite high enough yet. Going to do a full run through Master and try and gear up a bit more before heading back into Torment.

Really excited.

I really wish Adventure mode was in, but oh well.

Really, really excited they've made the game feel like you actually have a point to grinding - to get phat loot! Instead of just to save $ to buy phat loot. Feels much, much better and the true point of the ARG- kill tons of baddies to get shinies!

Comments

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

I've love to see your build!

I think I am using:

Way of 100 Fists: Fists of Fury

Tempest Rush: Tail Wind

Breath of Heaven: Circle of Life

Sweeping Wind: Blade Storm

Serenity: Peaceful Repose

Mantra of Healing: Sustenance

Exalted Soul

Transcendence

Chant of Resonance

It's very mobile, very survivable, but I don't really have any on-demand burst... I am thinking of swapping Breath of Heaven with a AoE burst skill like... Cyclone Strike or Wave of Light.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

So far it is great!

Most importantly, the dominant, most efficient builds are gone. I experimented with quite a few builds last night, and even use one because i got a legendary helm drop with a skill bonus. I think just because of the new skills/build experimentation, it feels like a new game.

Combat is still vicerol, and they retune the pacing to be fast but yet tactical and enjoyable. I found i switch builds just to take down bosses .. which adds a good dimension of the game.

The new paragon system is also good ... not only have some stat customization, but also infinite progression.

I also wish the new adventure mode is in ..... but i heard that is RoS only ... so we have to wait till 3/25 to have it.

Originally posted by BadSpock

Really, really excited they've made the game feel like you actually have a point to grinding - to get phat loot! Instead of just to save $ to buy phat loot. Feels much, much better and the true point of the ARG- kill tons of baddies to get shinies!

Agreed 100%. It is gutsy for them to close AH and make all the good drops BoA ... now it is 100% about killing stuff and getting upgrades.

BTW, what difficulty are you playing? I am doing T3 with my wiz main ... and took me a few try to find the right challenge. (I got killed in seconds on T5 or 6 ... and lower difficulty feels a bit too easy). At T3 i still die ... but that is the fun .. it is no challenge if i don't.

I guess this is because i have reasonable gear at 60 .. by 70, i probably have to start at much lower difficulty level.

• Ender4Ender4 Member UncommonPosts: 2,247

Yeah the changes are nice. After playing PoE for a while I forgot how much better the combat in D3 feels. I think I'm still skipping the expansion for now but I'll tool around a bit with 2.0.1 for sure.

I started a witch doctor and got to lvl 24 on Master level doing just A1, found 4 legendaries along the way which is really nice.

Played my WOL Monk for 5 or 6 Paragon levels but didn't find any upgrades yet, a couple plausible side grades I put in the bank.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

I am playing through on Master just to get some Epics and some easy Paragon levels. I'm only at Paragon 13.

I found I could do some killing in Torment 1, but it was just too slow.

My DPS is way too low. 

I've found 4 epics now, using 3 of them. Definitely have an "off the wall" build, focused entirely on doing Cold damage - all due to the skill bonuses and damage type bonuses on the gear that has dropped.

I can't believe how quickly I replaced every one of my pre-2.0.1 epics!

I had real cheap AH epics before, no where close to "good" gear, but I'm really enjoying 2.0.1 a LOT now.

Really feels like what D3 should have been from the start.

I've also noticed I'm making a LOT of gold very quickly, at least compared to pre 2.0.1.

Originally posted by Ender4

Yeah the changes are nice. After playing PoE for a while I forgot how much better the combat in D3 feels. I think I'm still skipping the expansion for now but I'll tool around a bit with 2.0.1 for sure.

I started a witch doctor and got to lvl 24 on Master level doing just A1, found 4 legendaries along the way which is really nice.

Played my WOL Monk for 5 or 6 Paragon levels but didn't find any upgrades yet, a couple plausible side grades I put in the bank.

I find D3 a much better game than PoE (i played that too) just because combat is so much better, and much easier to experiment with builds.

I think you need the expansion to get the full adventure mode random dungeon gameplay. I am obviously getting RoS not just because of that .. but that alone would worth the money.

Originally posted by BadSpock

I am playing through on Master just to get some Epics and some easy Paragon levels. I'm only at Paragon 13.

I found I could do some killing in Torment 1, but it was just too slow.

My DPS is way too low. 

I've found 4 epics now, using 3 of them. Definitely have an "off the wall" build, focused entirely on doing Cold damage - all due to the skill bonuses and damage type bonuses on the gear that has dropped.

I can't believe how quickly I replaced every one of my pre-2.0.1 epics!

I had real cheap AH epics before, no where close to "good" gear, but I'm really enjoying 2.0.1 a LOT now.

Really feels like what D3 should have been from the start.

I've also noticed I'm making a LOT of gold very quickly, at least compared to pre 2.0.1.

Wait till the expansion ... i think the adventure mode will make the grind gear game even better. The "gear dependent" build is a truly awesome result of the new itemization.

Remember, D2 was not the classic that it was .. until the expansion. And late is always better than never. I am quite impressed with how blizz figure out the issues of the game (probably a combo of seeking opinion, and looking at data), and create new fun systems to solve the problems.

I can't wait to play the new act and level up the crusader.

• raider2357raider2357 Member Posts: 3
    I will have to check this out when I get home...dust off the old Demon Hunter
  • nickster29nickster29 Member Posts: 486

Having a blast, the changes have definitely been for the better in my opinion.

Been re-gearing my long forgotten SC Wizard, playing an unconventional but very tanky Disintegrate build on Torment 1.

• Deathgod881Deathgod881 Member UncommonPosts: 104
    Plan on buying it soon probably next week for my pc XD loved the ps3 version

"Let destruction rain!" from Asbel Tales of Graces f

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

Gonna give this a go tonight.

Been playing the PS3 version only since it was released. Time to dust off my WD on the PC version. A step in the right direction for sure. Glad that the AH will be gone for good in a few weeks.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

I'm not likely to try it until after the expansion releases and I read up on how well received BOA is.  I don't expect it to work out well, but that's because RNG is a fickle beast and D2 trading just a lot of fun for me.

Blizzard makes design decisions specifically to fight 3rd party sellers and D2JSP, and this compelte redesign COULD end up as badly as the AH did if people get bored or frustrated.

Originally posted by FrodoFragins

I'm not likely to try it until after the expansion releases and I read up on how well received BOA is.  I don't expect it to work out well, but that's because RNG is a fickle beast and D2 trading just a lot of fun for me.

They reduced RNG with smart drop.

I got an upgrade within 2 hours of play ... that never happened so fast in the past.

• ShrillyShrilly Member UncommonPosts: 421
    I'm going to hop on now and try out the changes
  • CazNeergCazNeerg Member Posts: 2,198
    The launch version of the game was such a steaming pile that I am little leery about even taking the time to check out the new patch.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

• Entris38Entris38 Member UncommonPosts: 401

I'm thrilled about the new patch. It breathed a whole new life back into the game for me. I was becoming very impatient waiting for the expansion, but I'm hooked. Thanks blizzard for Epic loot tables..........in 4 hours I had 1 legendary drop that was a huge upgrade for me, and endless rares, a few I could make use of.

My Barb feels great on hard difficulty ,scaled nicely so far  for a level 54. I 've played D3 since launch, but have a few characters around 50. It's my "go to game" for some good old hack and slash.

Played with a friend for a few hours. In that time combined we got 5 legendaries and one set piece amulet. Much better drop rates to say the least.

Plus all the other changes patched in give it a whole new feel.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    Originally posted by nariusseldon
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins

They reduced RNG with smart drop.

I got an upgrade within 2 hours of play ... that never happened so fast in the past.

The big thing about BoA is whether or not rerolling stats trying to get perfect rolls is fun enough to keep you going.  Paragon leveling doesn't seem quite as enjoyable a grind now that they removed the MF boosts at each level.

But I haven't tried it and I won't let the hype trick me into buying the expansion.  I'll just try to avoid loot 2.0 until I see it in the context of a month after the expansion is released.

• ThumbtackJThumbtackJ Member UncommonPosts: 669
    So are these changes live, or only on test servers? I have a... 60-something Wizard that I haven't touched in a LOOOOONG time. I think I got to the beginning of Hell, maybe end of nightmare difficulty. But if the loot system is better now, I might have to patch up and get back into this.
  • lunatiquezlunatiquez Member UncommonPosts: 381

RMAH has gone for good, right?

I think I'll finally buy the game this month :)

Originally posted by ThumbtackJ
    So are these changes live, or only on test servers? I have a... 60-something Wizard that I haven't touched in a LOOOOONG time. I think I got to the beginning of Hell, maybe end of nightmare difficulty. But if the loot system is better now, I might have to patch up and get back into this.

Yes its Live.

Well worth checking out if you have not played in a long time, many changes since release.

• RedCurryRedCurry Member UncommonPosts: 70
    Glad I checked out the changes, enjoying D3 again. Never thought I'd say that!
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960

RoS is to D3 what LoD was to D2. Taking a decent game and turning it into a fantastic one.

Using a fire-based PBAOE build on my Wizard, and kicking the crap out of everything on Torment 1. Leveled my Barbarian and my Monk up a bit, and got a few nice legendaries in the process, as well as a ton of rare upgrades as well.

I think Marvel Heroes just got put on the back burner for a while, especially once RoS releases and I can get my hands on a crusader.

Between this, Titanfall, and FFXIV endgame stuff / crafting, I'll be fairly set for entertainment for quite some time by the time April rolls around.

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• roger82roger82 Member UncommonPosts: 23

Loving the new loot, its so much better having a moment of "ooohhhhh what will this item be" when you look at your loot instead of "trash, trash, trash, trash, looks ok? Oh, way, trash, trash"

Really takes me back to the Diablo II days loot wise.

Only issue is that I have been playing Marvel Heroes a heap recently and after playing that and having 'movement skills' (rolls, teleports or charges) to get around the place quicker it felt soooo sloooowwww running around.

Loving it a heap though, looking forward to when the expansion actually releases and Adventure Mode is unlocked.

Oh, and finally farmed Izual for the staff recipe and got it to drop. Whimsyshire is certainly a thing, lol.

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044

Quick question to you all:

I recently completed the game for the first time. I was waiting for RoS to play Act 5 then start over on next difficulty. But I am excited to try the new changes. Can I start playing Act 1 on higher difficulty then go to Act 5 when it comes out? Or do I have to complete it again then go on to 5?

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.