Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: Rise of Mana Set to Hit iOS in Japan Soon

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Square Enix has announced that it will be reviving the old Super Nintendo series, Secret of Mana, with a new mobile RPG called "Rise of Mana". According to Wired.com, Rise of Mana will hit iOS devices in Japan soon and for Android devices sometime after that.

You can check out the Japanese site for Rise of Mana that includes a video trailer (see below), screens and more.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• rlsquared2rlsquared2 Member UncommonPosts: 19

Secret of Mana was the my first RPG man.. brings back memories. 

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    I like the look of it, and have always loves the Mana series, but I won't bother buying it to play on a phone.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904
    The 'original' Action RPG!

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• KavaedKavaed Member Posts: 8
    So why couldn't this be on the Vita or 3DS?
  • TalmienTalmien Member UncommonPosts: 189
    Originally posted by Kavaed
    So why couldn't this be on the Vita or 3DS?

That's the problem I have with the console market, too many systems. PlayStation, Vita, Xbox, Wii, DS, now iOS, android. I don't have money to buy them all so I can play the games that seem to get released at random as to which system they'll use.

But Rise of Mana does look neat.

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

I hope it does well. Secret was great... everything since? Not so much.

Hope it plays well on the phone.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.