Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FPS Games

RhevinRhevin Member UncommonPosts: 611

I have certain games that I always fire up depending on what I feel like playing at the time. 

MMOs, World of Warcraft. Give me all the crap you want. Been playing on and off for almost ten years now. I know the game inside and out. 

RTS, Warlords Battlecry. Great game. Like the fact that I can keep my hero.

Hack and Slash, Path of Exile. Solid "build" mechanism. Linking skills is neat too. 

FPS - Single Player, Hitman and Half Life series. 

Now for what I need help on.

FPS - Multiplayer, no idea. I did TFC for a long time. More recently I've done TF2 and BF3. TF2 is fine. But, the crafting system is clunky to me and the cartoony graphics are a bit meh to me for being an FPS game. BF3 was alright, but once I opened up the guns that I was decent at, I hit a wall. And after they killed C&C, I despise EA. I did Planetside 2 for a little bit, but that didn't seem to stick.

I'd be interested in an multiplayer FPS that has some sort of leveling system. Or something that has unlocks for in-game achievements. Whether it be an experience bar or number of headshots. Something that leads me on. Also something that has decent graphics. Not looking for Crysis 3, but something that I can exercise my i5, 670 FTW, and 16gb of RAM. Extra points would be scored for something that allows me to customize my player; such as better accuracy with handguns or access to 12x scopes. That sort of stuff. 

So yea, anything out there worth trying? Perhaps I'll try Planetside 2 again. Really have no intention of returning to Battlefield 3. 

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• blondehblondeh Member UncommonPosts: 540
    Have you tried CS:GO?

• RosenborgRosenborg Member UncommonPosts: 162
    I'd suggest Red Orchestra 2
  • RhevinRhevin Member UncommonPosts: 611

Originally posted by blondeh
    Have you tried CS:GO?

I did the whole CS:S back in the day. I looked this over on Wiki and it seems like the same thing? There like...weapon advancement or anything? Or is it just terrorist/hostage all over again?

Originally posted by Rosenborg
    I'd suggest Red Orchestra 2

Also red the Wiki on this. Look pretty good. Perhaps a step up from DoD. I'll see how much this goes for on Steam. 

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

Have you tried Renegade X yet? Its free and videos I have seen look fun, I am downloading it now myself.

From their site:

"Renegade X is a First/Third Person Shooter with RTS elements. Players will be able to fight for two unique teams, manage their own economies, choose from over 30 weapons, 15 vehicles, and call in nuclear strikes, Ion Cannons, and airstrikes, and much more. Renegade X is for all players - lone wolves, team-based gamers, tankers, snipers, rushers, turtlers, and all others!"

Renegade X - Multiplayer Beta Gameplay

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Rhevin
    I have certain games that I always fire up depending on what I feel like playing at the time.  MMOs, World of Warcraft. Give me all the crap you want. Been playing on and off for almost ten years now. I know the game inside and out.  RTS, Warlords Battlecry. Great game. Like the fact that I can keep my hero. Hack and Slash, Path of Exile. Solid "build" mechanism. Linking skills is neat too.  FPS - Single Player, Hitman and Half Life series.  Now for what I need help on. FPS - Multiplayer, no idea. I did TFC for a long time. More recently I've done TF2 and BF3. TF2 is fine. But, the crafting system is clunky to me and the cartoony graphics are a bit meh to me for being an FPS game. BF3 was alright, but once I opened up the guns that I was decent at, I hit a wall. And after they killed C&C, I despise EA. I did Planetside 2 for a little bit, but that didn't seem to stick. I'd be interested in an multiplayer FPS that has some sort of leveling system. Or something that has unlocks for in-game achievements. Whether it be an experience bar or number of headshots. Something that leads me on. Also something that has decent graphics. Not looking for Crysis 3, but something that I can exercise my i5, 670 FTW, and 16gb of RAM. Extra points would be scored for something that allows me to customize my player; such as better accuracy with handguns or access to 12x scopes. That sort of stuff.  So yea, anything out there worth trying? Perhaps I'll try Planetside 2 again. Really have no intention of returning to Battlefield 3.  Thanks for reading.

Firefall?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• RhevinRhevin Member UncommonPosts: 611
    Originally posted by Asheram

Have you tried Renegade X yet? Its free and videos I have seen look fun, I am downloading it now myself.

From their site:

"Renegade X is a First/Third Person Shooter with RTS elements. Players will be able to fight for two unique teams, manage their own economies, choose from over 30 weapons, 15 vehicles, and call in nuclear strikes, Ion Cannons, and airstrikes, and much more. Renegade X is for all players - lone wolves, team-based gamers, tankers, snipers, rushers, turtlers, and all others!"

Renegade X - Multiplayer Beta Gameplay

Hm. Interesting. I'll download it tonight.

• karkwakarkwa Member UncommonPosts: 5

Try 7 days to die if you dont mind the alpha stage of the game.  FPS, zombies (semi-challenging ones not decorations), crafting, building, tower-defense, pvp, multiplayer or solo.

Character customization and skill trees will be implemented in later alpha versions.

It pretty much has it all and the multiple options make it accessible or challenging enough for everyone.

It still looks very voxellish but another pass of terrain smoothing is also coming up.

http://www.7daystodie.com/

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

Have you tried Warframe?

• Third-person shooter gameplay with heavy emphasis on customizable Warframes and loadouts.
    • Agile gameplay incl. parkour-style jumps, rolling, sliding and fast paced moves.
    • Procedurally generated maps for replayability.
    • Free to play with items that maybe obtained with its optional cashshop and by just playing the game.
    • MMO-like: xp gain/progression, looting, crafting and some social teamplay mechanics.
    • 3 factions
    • Mainly PVE mission oriented, you can play solo, with friends or with random groups against enemy NPC's
    • Playable with gamepad or keyboard/mouse
    Havn't touced the game for some time so unsure if PvP is added/working?