Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WildStar UI 2.0 !!!!

AnnekynnAnnekynn Member Posts: 1,437

http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/news/wildstar_ui_20_preview_less_is_more.php

Look that modern sexyness! Now thats what I want to see, a dev willing to take all their hard work and just scrap it and start over if it aint as good as can be.

Comments

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    It does look nice I'll give them that.
  • AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    I preferred the original UI myself, it looked more unique. As long as the majority likes it though, it's a good change.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• AnnekynnAnnekynn Member Posts: 1,437

Originally posted by Aeonblades
    I preferred the original UI myself, it looked more unique. As long as the majority likes it though, it's a good change.

Well I had no problems with it myself, but they do point of the worst case scenario and it does look a bit poor in that setup. So maybe this "old" UI can still be made available via mods/addons since the whole UI is moddable, well see.

• DilweedDilweed Member UncommonPosts: 222
    I guess they learned from eso :P
  • EpiconEpicon Member Posts: 121

I like this UI much better. That being said, I haven't been a supporter of the game. I mean I hope it does well for the MMO market itself. But after my time with the beta, I just couldn't become immersed.

That being said, I didn't think I'd be retiring from WoW either, especially since I love the lore so much. But the 60 dollar character boosts, was a jagged pill to swallow and I just can't pay a subscription for a game, that sells something like that. I was barely okay with the mounts, but I really like my guild, so I looked past it. Not this time.

But yeah, this UI rocks, and I'm going to give Wildstar another shot, I usually only play two MMOs at a time, now that's down to one (ESO loved my time in the beta 100 hours worth). I hope I end up really enjoying it this time around. They seem to really care about their players and as far as I can tell, they are like how Blizzard used to be way back in the day.

"What tastes like purple?"

Originally posted by Dilweed

Certainly a possibility. Though more likely theyre just learning from very modern/advanced WoW UI addons like LUI on how to do things better. WoWs default UI is a relic but some of the UI mods are works of art and genius.

• GinsanaGinsana Member CommonPosts: 18

I was so worried that Wildstar would count on user add-ons to make the UI shine but no...why did i ever doubt the Wildstar Devs?  I love the new ui!  Thank you Wildstar!  Great job!

When they say "The Devs are listening" they really do mean it.

• MamasGunMamasGun Member Posts: 152
    Thank you for posting this!  I was just in the Weekend Beta last weekend, and I loved every second I spent in Wildstar.  My only complaint was that UI.... but that problem looks to be going the way of the water buffalo!  Wootness to Clean UI!

Loves: SMITE, WildStar, Project Zomboid, PSO2, DCUO,

Worst Online Communities: WoW/WoD(the OG MMO Trolls), DayZ/WarZ, SMITE/LoL/DOTA, EVE Online, APB
    "I’m ready for
    All the comparisons
    I think it’s dumb and it’s embarrassing
    I’m switching off
    No longer listening
    I’ve had enough of persecution and conditioning
    Maybe it’s instinct- We’re only animal"
    - Lily Allen, Sheezus

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Annekynn

Originally posted by Dilweed

Certainly a possibility. Though more likely theyre just learning from very modern/advanced WoW UI addons like LUI on how to do things better. WoWs default UI is a relic but some of the UI mods are works of art and genius.

LUI is great, but has been around for ages...

the good thing of this new UI is that its no longer blocking the action....  

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• LuteFiddleLuteFiddle Member Posts: 8

You know, I never actually had a problem with the UI so much. It was kinda odd, I didn't like the menu system honestly as much...but I feel like this new UI makes me realize I didn't like the old one more than I remember.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Nevermind. Mistook the pix. ^^

Good now. The UI was one of the worst things, so I am glad with the progress.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• VaporsVapors Member UncommonPosts: 407
    Originally posted by Elikal

2nd worse is the sword animation sound, saw it yesterday in a stream. Hope they will work on that too.

• AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

The Devs are indeed listening.

Liking the new UI!

Are the quest log boxes the same or changed now I wonder?

Originally posted by AzurePrower
    The Devs are indeed listening. Liking the new UI! Are the quest log boxes the same or changed now I wonder?

Well at the least theyll have to go through all the other UI elements to make sure they match the look/feel of the new UI. So that passthrough will also likely result in further improvements in places.

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    That's definitely a nice improvement.  It kind of reminds of SWTOR's and I'm glad to read that it will be customizable.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• DeniZgDeniZg Member UncommonPosts: 697
    Originally posted by Vapors

2nd worse is the sword animation sound, saw it yesterday in a stream. Hope they will work on that too.

When 2 worst things of the upcoming MMO are sword sounds and UI, which is fully customizable anyway, it's safe to say that the game is in pretty good shape.

• gwei1984gwei1984 Member UncommonPosts: 413
    Thats an enormous step in the right direction. Keep up!

Hodor!

• poyozopoyozo Member UncommonPosts: 33
    Originally posted by DeniZg
    Originally posted by Vapors

When 2 worst things of the upcoming MMO are sword sounds and UI, which is fully customizable anyway, it's safe to say that the game is in pretty good shape.

Yeah the sword sounds are especially annoying. They also need to optimize and do a couple of rounds of bug squashing. Apart from that, game is in pretty good shape.