Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wildstar Beta Weekend Giveaway

VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

136 pages of postings from accounts with under 5 posts... this is really the most ridiculous thing i have ever seen going on on this page.

There are users with thousands and thousands of posts who have signed up for the beta a year ago, folks who keep your forums busy and make this page what it is e-v-e-r-y day. And you guys throw your 1000 keys to the leechers with 1 post....

Pro-tip: next time when you come up with 1000 (lol) keys, disable account creation before the giveaway or set a minimum number of posts/ join date before yesterday to take part.

Comments

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Now tell us how you really feel.

This way there is at least a better chance that some damm botter don´t get a bunch of keys as they can see accounts that are related.

Beyond that i guess all i can say is.. good luck.

This have been a good conversation

• killion81killion81 Member UncommonPosts: 995
    417 pages right now and the vast majority of posts are 1-5 post accounts that were created today or yesterday.  I'm going to guess that these accounts don't stick around to continue posting even if they win a beta key.
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Originally posted by tawess

Now tell us how you really feel.

This way there is at least a better chance that some damm botter don´t get a bunch of keys as they can see accounts that are related.

Beyond that i guess all i can say is.. good luck.

Thanks, but after last weekend i'm not interested in the game anymore.

But being a member of the community for years and knowing about the poor handling of beta keys on Carbine's site i am however interested in some people on this site have a reasonable chance to get a key.

Since the giveaway is bloated with 4000 posts coming from people with 1 post i dont see much of a chance for any of them.

This handling of keys is just as poor as Carbine's, if not worse.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

500 pages since this morning WTF?

right as I was able to comprehend, I knew this thread must be about exactly what it's about.  It is. 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    Originally posted by Volgore

Since the giveaway is bloated with 4000 posts coming from people with 1 post i dont see much of a chance for any of them.

This handling of keys is just as poor as Carbine's, if not worse.

Actually that is a 1:4 chance of a key... most likley the best odds of a key in a long time. At least MMORPG.COM don´t ask you to pay money in order to get a shot at a key.

This have been a good conversation

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Originally posted by Volgore

136 pages of postings from accounts with under 5 posts... this is really the most ridiculous thing i have ever seen going on on this page.

There are users with thousands and thousands of posts who have signed up for the beta a year ago, folks who keep your forums busy and make this page what it is e-v-e-r-y day. And you guys throw your 1000 keys to the leechers with 1 post....

Pro-tip: next time when you come up with 1000 (lol) keys, disable account creation before the giveaway or set a minimum number of posts/ join date before yesterday to take part.

We aren't going to disable account creation. While we appreciate your loyalty to the site, there isn't anything wrong with people signing up for this giveaway. In fact, having new users sign up is great. Sure, the vast majority may sign up and try to get a key and never return, but some may look around and decide they like it here and join our community.

We could have put the key pool up as first come, first serve, and they would be gone within 20 seconds. Instead, we made it a random draw to be as fair as possible.