Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WildStar: Beta Weekend Key Giveaway -- TOMORROW!

Comments

• ButeoRegalisButeoRegalis Member UncommonPosts: 594
    Originally posted by IntheShadows
    Originally posted by Markn
    Why are they even doing keys ?  Why not randomly invite people who signed up ?   

I'm asking myself the same thing. I've been signed up around a year and answered a couple surveys that they sent.... and nothing. However, sounds like I may not be missing much. :(

They are still throwing out keys on Mondays, this is just likely just an extra boost of exposure. But, yea, sucks to see people play the game for half an hour then go online to bitch about the game for the next week, while you might have actually "tested" the game and given constructive feedback/bug reports.

• KonstKonst Member Posts: 3
    Sure thing, last weekend was amazing. Wildstar is like a very consentrated drug, you try it once and you're hooked ^^
  • DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030
    Originally posted by IntheShadows
    Originally posted by Markn
    Why are they even doing keys ?  Why not randomly invite people who signed up ?   

I'm asking myself the same thing. I've been signed up around a year and answered a couple surveys that they sent.... and nothing. However, sounds like I may not be missing much. :(

They are randomly inviting people who signed up too,the giving out of keys for beta weekend is just standard marketing.It's all part of slowly introducing more people onto their servers to you STRESS them at controlled levels.

It's not an either/or thing.This game hasn't even got an official release date there is still lots of stress testing,optimization and bug fixing to go.If you really want in you will get in eventually as they escalate.

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596
    Originally posted by Harkin
    Originally posted by MindTrigger
    Originally posted by Krighton

meh.  Been there, done that, wasn't impressed.  Frankly, it's another simple game that can be played in one's sleep.

Do tell us what game impresses your mighty attention span, with your vast years of experience on this planet?

I have an idea for you.  How about you go ahead and enjoy your game, and not worry about what I like?  I'm welcome to my opinion, and you are welcome to yours.  

I'd go into detail about what I find boring/infantile about the gameplay, but I'll have to wait for the NDA to lift. In the end, it's still my opinion. I suspect the game will do quite well with gamers who want a simple, theme park to play in.  I want more.  

I've got one for you. If you don't want your opinion criticized, don't post it on a public forum.

Anyway..

Glad this is coming. I didn't have enough time to fully decide on a class last weekend so this should firm everything up for me (assuming I get in again).

I don't mind my opinion being criticized at all.  Have you seen my post count and join date? I'm not exactly new to the hostile environment around here.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• Yes Can't wait, I hope I get in....I've been waiting to get into a Wildstar beta since I first seen the game! SO far I've missed all beta Giveaways, i hope I get in there for the weekend this time!!!
  • SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114

I'm really hopping that MMORPG.com requires a valid email address to be put in and link the key towards.  I've seen it a few times that these "weekend/stress test" giveaways end up with bots soaking up the keys and selling them to unsuspecting rubes on eBay (no, not me, I'm not dumb enough to purchase a Beta key instead of a real, LIVE game).     So, there needs to be something in place to help with that.....

.....but, whatever.     It's still a marketing event that will get MMORPG.com lots of hits over the hour [or really, 10 minutes] that the keys are being given away.   And, of course, there's going to be news information on the game yet again for the week as there was last week for Adventures on the same day  that they did the giveaway from the official site.

• NeilixianNeilixian Member Posts: 1

Hey Guys/Girls

Is currently giving Wildstar weekend Beta Keys right now....just got mine just heads up

:)

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

meh.  Been there, done that, wasn't impressed.  Frankly, it's another simple game that can be played in one's sleep.

Having seen A single wild star video you would know this is false.

There are a lot of telegraphed attacks that you simply MUST dodge.

I never died once playing the ESO beta, I've seen a few press people die playing wildstar over the last weekend.

Simple as that... Game isn't afk friendly.

• lucasmdplucasmdp Member Posts: 1
    I want one!!!!!
  • seafirexseafirex Member UncommonPosts: 419

You can even turn off telegraph if you find it so easy. Just go in the settings section of the game.

You can even keep them for you but turn it off for mobs. That simple. If you find it so easy again to level up then don't party with anyone for a while and solo Quest or mobs even higher then yourself or even level up some profession, just by gattering the things you need it gives xp.

There is so much you can do! 

• MarkFenningsMarkFennings Member Posts: 1
    Yeah, will try too ! 
  • shin_chanshin_chan Member UncommonPosts: 29

Will be the same weekend carnival in Brazil, nor will I be able to test. 

-_____-

• BacchiraBacchira Member Posts: 50
    Originally posted by GoldenArrow
    Originally posted by Krighton

Do tell us what game impresses your mighty attention span, with your vast years of experience on this planet?

Path of Exile for example.

I had hard time staying awake while playing the last beta.

But then again I suppose the "elder game" is what makes or breaks it. Levelling in MMORPGs is usually boring.

I'm not trying to dis anyone but this just shows how different people are and how hard it is to make a game that appeals to a lot of players.

I absolutely loved (!) Wildstar but found Path of Exiles to be rather boring.

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,676

WOW players stand by for keys...

ok calm down, couldn't resist.....:-)

• bobfishbobfish Member UncommonPosts: 1,679
    Need to try this, the visuals don't excite me, but the gameplay might, however I can't judge that from stupid videos, I need to play it myself.
  • spawn12345spawn12345 Member UncommonPosts: 172
    Originally posted by ButeoRegalis
    Originally posted by spawn12345

Couldnt play for more than 30 min last weekend. The watermarks gave me a migrain

Sorry to hear that. "People" say the watermark just disappears for them after a couple minutes of play, to the point, where you actually have to look really hard to find it again.

Yeah it didnt do it for me. It just got worse and worse. Couldnt concentrate on the game, got a headache and then I felt sick, thats when I quit.

• ph3n0m73ph3n0m73 Member UncommonPosts: 46
    18 hours from now :)
  • Nickhead420Nickhead420 Member UncommonPosts: 251
    Originally posted by spawn12345

Couldnt play for more than 30 min last weekend. The watermarks gave me a migrain

This was my problem with ESO betas.  I felt nauseous for a couple days after I stopped playing.  Thank you for sharing this bit of info.  I'll have to stay away.

• testablewalnuttestablewalnut Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by dbstylin34
    Im from australia and i SUCK at working out time difference, whats the time again?

1pm on the 27th

• Ryoshi1Ryoshi1 Member Posts: 139
    It's the battle of the beta key giveaways!
  • chakalakachakalaka Member UncommonPosts: 291

I guess that means I'll be back here tomorrow same time. Thanks. =)

• Athena_StarfireAthena_Starfire Member UncommonPosts: 213

I'm in New Zealand and I'm not getting up at 3AM for this (usually 1AM for you Aussies)

• Athena_StarfireAthena_Starfire Member UncommonPosts: 213
    Originally posted by testablewalnut
    Originally posted by dbstylin34
    Im from australia and i SUCK at working out time difference, whats the time again?

1pm on the 27th

Your are so off..its 1AM not 1pm

www.timeanddate.com

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904
    Guess last weekends key does not work?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• jazz.bejazz.be Member UncommonPosts: 962

Is this BETA worldwide? Or only NA? If it's worldwide, with all due respect, it would be very helpful to post the time in all 3 major timezones :-)

But thanks for the reminder ;) assuming it is open for the rest of the world as well

This discussion has been closed.